• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CVT for 2023 Integra !?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
The Mazda3 Turbo is probably the only other car I have in mind besides the Integra to get me out of my Civic Coupe. While the rear suspension setup of the 3 is a bit of a letdown, for the amount of actual driving I do (which is like less than 12k miles a year, mostly city driving) I'm sure that the 3 would be perfectly fine, and having the AWD for the Ohio winters would be a big plus along with the 250hp.
That’s the selling point for me as well. AWD is a key aspect of North America.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Honestly was starting to look at Mazda as well. The CX-60 that got revealed is solely for Japan and Europe but my God does it look gorgeous well except for the waterfall grill but this one has a better style. We are though getting CX-70 and CX-90 here so those will be RWD chassis.
158865EA-A903-4E2C-B161-3062F5E90025.jpeg
I personally don't like how it looks and prefer more "tough" look of the CX-50, but that RWD proportion tho:)
Can't wait for the new 6 info to drop. RWD 3 would be fantastic but we all know that ain't happening lol

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
Honestly was starting to look at Mazda as well. The CX-60 that got revealed is solely for Japan and Europe but my God does it look gorgeous well except for the waterfall grill but this one has a better style. We are though getting CX-70 and CX-90 here so those will be RWD chassis.
158865EA-A903-4E2C-B161-3062F5E90025.jpeg
I think this is one of the lower end designs Mazda has released in a while in my opinion. I think the CX-50 and updated CX-5 are a little better looking. The side profile is a little wierd to me too. Its definitely not bad. Just not my favorite

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I think this is one of the lower end designs Mazda has released in a while in my opinion. I think the CX-50 and updated CX-5 are a little better looking. The side profile is a little wierd to me too. Its definitely not bad. Just not my favorite
Understandable where you are coming from and I think it has to do with how we are use to US Spec models being wider aka the CX-50 being wider. Patiently waiting to see 6 and CX-70 but right now next Mazda to be revealed is the CX-90.

Last edited:

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
We have four Honda/Acura vehicles - so we have a drive-by-wire AT example in the garage without a CVT sitting next to that 2018 CRV. I don't agree that its the drive-by-wire accelerator system, even though that does have a small delay built in that isn't associated with the ECO mode.
Thats doesn't mean anything unless you have the ECU mappings of both to compare. They don't have to share the same pedal mapping. I never had a delay in the Nissan CVT I had. Are both also the 1.5T? That also has a factor in it due to emissions tuning and rev hang/delay.

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Honda CR-V TR, 2019 Honda Accord SRT 2.0t/6spd
Understandable where you are coming from and I think it has to do with how we are use to US Spec models being wider aka the CX-50 being wider. Patiently waiting to see 6 and CX-70 but right now next Mazda to be revealed is the CX-90.
Im waiting to see the CX70/90 might replace my Palisade...especially if i can get a hybrid version...right now Im averaging 20mpg in my palisade and its kicking my ass.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Im waiting to see the CX70/90 might replace my Palisade...especially if i can get a hybrid version...right now Im averaging 20mpg in my palisade and its kicking my ass.
They’ll both have the 2.5 N/A with PHEV and Inline 6 Turbo with PHEV.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
The Mazda3 Turbo is probably the only other car I have in mind besides the Integra to get me out of my Civic Coupe. While the rear suspension setup of the 3 is a bit of a letdown, for the amount of actual driving I do (which is like less than 12k miles a year, mostly city driving) I'm sure that the 3 would be perfectly fine, and having the AWD for the Ohio winters would be a big plus along with the 250hp for a little bit of fun on the back roads on occasion.
That hatch was not even on my radar until your post and now after some research it sits highly on my next vehicles list. Only draw back I can see is the view out the rear hatch seems a bit small but a 250hp AWD loaded out hatch for less than 40k is super enticing

Nerd-Vol

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si Sedan, 2004 S2000
That hatch was not even on my radar until your post and now after some research it sits highly on my next vehicles list. Only draw back I can see is the view out the rear hatch seems a bit small but a 250hp AWD loaded out hatch for less than 40k is super enticing
It is really good value for money. I wish they built it as a Mazdaspeed with an independent rear suspension and a 6MT, but I understand why they didn’t. It still might be worth my time to test drive one, though.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
So I’m not up to speed on Mazdas naming. They have a cx30 now. And there’s a 50 60 70 and 90 coming? What happened to the single digits like the cx5 and cx9? Are they going away? Because I HATE the flat look of the 3 hatch. Love the features. But it’s to squashed and small. If I was to go Mazda it’d be the cx5 turbo signature.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
So I’m not up to speed on Mazdas naming. They have a cx30 now. And there’s a 50 60 70 and 90 coming? What happened to the single digits like the cx5 and cx9? Are they going away? Because I HATE the flat look of the 3 hatch. Love the features. But it’s to squashed and small. If I was to go Mazda it’d be the cx5 turbo signature.
So they will continue to have CX-5, CX-9 as there non premium models. CX-50 was the first one to get some what of a premium upgrade Over CX-5. Now for the CX-60, 70,80 and 90. 60 and 80 are narrow versions that will only be sold in Japan and Europe. 70 and 90 are similar to the 60 and 80 but wider and a tad bit longer for NA. These models are also RWD platforms but will come standard with AWD in the States. Mazda 6 will also transfer over to RWD but will have AWD as an option depending on engine choice you choose.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Thats doesn't mean anything unless you have the ECU mappings of both to compare. They don't have to share the same pedal mapping. I never had a delay in the Nissan CVT I had. Are both also the 1.5T? That also has a factor in it due to emissions tuning and rev hang/delay.
The 22 Nissan Rogue is the first and only CVT I’ve ever driven. I’m hesitant to like CVT overall due to all the hate it gets from enthusiasts. Also all of the drastically different variations and tunes they have from different manufacturers. Some are whiney and annoying. Some are smooth.

But the Nissan I drove, which supposedly has some of the worst CVTs (although the 22 CVT is new? Maybe it’s good now), was impressive. Throttle response was sharp and the suv felt quick. The fake shifts felt believable too. So it’s highly dependent on how it’s tuned.

I’d prefer a normal AT. But if the CVT in the integra is as good or better than the Rogue. I’ll be happy with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: HKF

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
So they will continue to have CX-5, CX-9 as there non premium models. CX-50 was the first one to get some what of a premium upgrade Over CX-5. Now for the CX-60, 70,80 and 90. 60 and 80 are narrow versions that will only be sold in Japan and Europe. 70 and 90 are similar to the 60 and 80 but wider and a tad bit longer for NA. These models are also RWD platforms but will come standard with AWD in the States. Mazda 6 will also transfer over to RWD but will have AWD as an option depending on engine choice you choose.
Gotcha. Sounds cool. I guess I’d want the cx50 if it’s the more premium version of the cx5. Similar size and all.

I like the rwd biased awd too. I assume the cx90 will be the premium version of the cx9? And the 70 some size between the 2?

And while they have market specific 70/90 and 60/80. Is the 50 for all markets? And also is the cx50 a front biased awd or rear like the 60-90?

Mazda 6 sounds like a nice stinger competitior. Rwd sedan with awd option.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Gotcha. Sounds cool. I guess I’d want the cx50 if it’s the more premium version of the cx5. Similar size and all.

I like the rwd biased awd too. I assume the cx90 will be the premium version of the cx9? And the 70 some size between the 2?

And while they have market specific 70/90 and 60/80. Is the 50 for all markets? And also is the cx50 a front biased awd or rear like the 60-90?

Mazda 6 sounds like a nice stinger competitior. Rwd sedan with awd option.
Yes more premium version of the CX-9. The 50 is only for North American market since it’s built here and it’s wider. The cool part about the PHEV is that the electric component is housed right between the engine and the transmission instead of under the rear seat area. I personally think the PHEV is a smart idea and also the new RWD platform can also house a full ev version of them.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Yes more premium version of the CX-9. The 50 is only for North American market since it’s built here and it’s wider. The cool part about the PHEV is that the electric component is housed right between the engine and the transmission instead of under the rear seat area. I personally think the PHEV is a smart idea and also the new RWD platform can also house a full ev version of them.
Seems like the cx50 will be fwd biased awd like all current cx models. The 70 and 90 will have the new rwd biased awd architecture. Makes sense that the 50 is NA only too. I was just reading that the euro 60 is a rwd platform like the 70 here, but the size of the 50. So it’s a blend of the 2. I was confused until you saying that the 50 was NA only.

Where I think plug in hybrid is vastly superior to normal hybrid. Due to the more powerful electric motor and more distance on ev only. I’ll skip the phev generations and like Acura just eventually jump right to full ev.