• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
I think somewhere I saw that the Integra has an aluminum hood. Any other aluminum panels that people are aware of? My old WRX had an aluminum hood and it was crazy how light it was. Aluminum panels on the Integra would help offset the added features and any additional sound deadening, which I do hope is increased over the Civic.
I do hope they make the Type S mostly out of cf to offset the ridiculous price they’ll likely be charging… and for weight reasons too lol.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I think somewhere I saw that the Integra has an aluminum hood. Any other aluminum panels that people are aware of? My old WRX had an aluminum hood and it was crazy how light it was. Aluminum panels on the Integra would help offset the added features and any additional sound deadening, which I do hope is increased over the Civic.
I think the SI has aluminum fenders and hood . Also the civic hatchback has a composite hatch.. videos of the Integra seems to be metal

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si
Ah, looks like maybe all new Civics have aluminum hoods. Not seeing any references to the fenders though.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Base Integra: 3,080
A-Spec Integra: 3,109
Some good data. We knew the CVT was 77 lbs heavier than the manual. Now we know the aspec pieces add 29 lbs over the base and the tech pieces add another 41 lbs.

If a manual was offered in the base, it would weigh 3,003 lbs. The tech manual is 7 lbs lighter than the base due to having 77 lbs less of transmission weight but 70 lbs more in aspec and tech weight.

All of these numbers align and the “penalty” for getting the tech CVT over the raw Integra itself is 147 lbs. Not bad.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The Civic Hatchback Sport Touring CVT in Canada is the closest spec wise and weighs 3113lbs, so the Integra gains only 35lbs with the additional features and the additional length of the vehicle. That basically confirms that no additional sound deadening was added and the NVH would be the same as the Civic Hatchback.
NVH material doesn’t weigh much. And like you said the Canadian spec ST is close in features. So 37 lbs is a good amount to play with. Even if they squeezed in 3 lbs of extra NVH stuff, that’s a lot.

Reactions: HKF

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Saturn Astra
Some good data. We knew the CVT was 77 lbs heavier than the manual. Now we know the aspec pieces add 29 lbs over the base and the tech pieces add another 41 lbs.

If a manual was offered in the base, it would weigh 3,003 lbs. The tech manual is 7 lbs lighter than the base due to having 77 lbs less of transmission weight but 70 lbs more in aspec and tech weight.

All of these numbers align and the “penalty” for getting the tech CVT over the raw Integra itself is 147 lbs. Not bad.
The Civic hood is also aluminum now so there is no additional weight savings over the Civic.

springconvert

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 Honda Element EX AWD
500 pounds lighter than my Element and 40 more hp sounds good to me, lol

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Saturn Astra
NVH material doesn’t weigh much. And like you said the Canadian spec ST is close in features. So 37 lbs is a good amount to play with. Even if they squeezed in 3 lbs of extra NVH stuff, that’s a lot.
actually sound deadening capability is directly related to the weight. There is no magic solution around this. The NVH matching the Civic would not be a surprise considering how much has carried over from the Civic.

Last edited:

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT

sheltem

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Mazda3 s Touring Hatchback
Amazing how efficient the CVT is on city driving apparently lol. 26 vs 29 for the Aspec tech manual vs CVT
I love my Mazda3 and would have gotten another, but the Civic/Integra’s fuel economy is so much better. I looked up highway range for the Civic SI and it can easily go 400+ miles. When all of the stars align, my 2014 Mazda3 hatch tops out at mid 300’s.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Rain sensing wipers confirmed.

But they got rid of the 2 rear usb c for the tech pkg. It’s 2 usb a now :(

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Rain sensing wipers confirmed.

But they got rid of the 2 rear usb c for the tech pkg. It’s 2 usb a now :(
I saw.. sad .. where are you seeing the rain sensing wipers?