• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

crickets - some of my thoughts on the upcoming Integra Type S

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Yep. You do a online build of the vehicle last time it was color, package(A spec) , and transmission type.
It was a pretty simple process - they want to make it easy for you to give them money. BUT, last time it wasn't really connected to what would get built. You weren't ordering a car. You got to pick a configuration (from a limited list) and get in line at a local dealer. There was no guarantee what you picked would be built for that dealer in any order, it just put you on the list at your dealer and you had to sort it out with them.

So if you were the first reservation for your dealer and Acura decided to build what you picked and allocate it to your dealer, you'd be first on the list and get it first. But if you were first, reserved a blue car, Acura might still send your dealer a white, red, gray, black, etc.

Maybe it'll be different for the Type S. But last year for example if you wanted Apex Blue you could only "reserve" it with Orchid interior. I wanted Performance Red, which wasn't reservable online at all. But I made my reservation in April (weeks after they opened), told my dealer I wanted to wait for Red+Black, and got it in August.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
It was a pretty simple process - they want to make it easy for you to give them money. BUT, last time it wasn't really connected to what would get built. You weren't ordering a car. You got to pick a configuration (from a limited list) and get in line at a local dealer. There was no guarantee what you picked would be built for that dealer in any order, it just put you on the list at your dealer and you had to sort it out with them.

So if you were the first reservation for your dealer and Acura decided to build what you picked and allocate it to your dealer, you'd be first on the list and get it first. But if you were first, reserved a blue car, Acura might still send your dealer a white, red, gray, black, etc.

Maybe it'll be different for the Type S. But last year for example if you wanted Apex Blue you could only "reserve" it with Orchid interior. I wanted Performance Red, which wasn't reservable online at all. But I made my reservation in April (weeks after they opened), told my dealer I wanted to wait for Red+Black, and got it in August.
What I’m getting from this is that I should definitely try to be #1 on the list and then just see what happens b/c ymmv regarding specifics … I would accept a number of different color/option combos so I may just accept whatever they get delivered unless it’s my dead last preference.

knowing some of y’all have been through this process makes it much less of an unknown. Thanks again for sharing your experiences!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
What I’m getting from this is that I should definitely try to be #1 on the list and then just see what happens b/c ymmv regarding specifics … I would accept a number of different color/option combos so I may just accept whatever they get delivered unless it’s my dead last preference.

knowing some of y’all have been through this process makes it much less of an unknown. Thanks again for sharing your experiences!
I did the initial reservation and picked up my aspec on June 1st. After making the reservation I did call my dealer to confirm the color and package I wanted.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
you seem very confident. so do you think it'll be an option? doesn't seem mandatory

That would be great. Big dealership?
No moonroof. I guess you could find someone to install one aftermarket.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
No moonroof. I guess you could find someone to install one aftermarket.
yeah - that guy seemed 100% there would be a moonroof. maybe trolling, maybe just wrong. bummer for the folks who were hoping (willing?) one to be available. i'm very happy without a sunroof. more space for a helmet is the main reason ... less weight up high is nice although i think most of us would be hard pressed to actaully notice it if we drove them back to back.

seems easy enough to make an option for the crowd who wants one though. oh well. /discussion.

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023, Toyota MR2 1987
I was actually hoping for the moonroof too :'(