• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Correct OEM tire pressure 265/30/ZR19

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Went to check my tire pressure this morning and all tire pressures were 30-32psi.

opened the user manual and it recommends
Front: 41PSI, (280kPa)
Rear: 33psi (230kPa)

I reinstated to users manual recommendations. Not used to see front tires this much more inflated is this correct? What has everyone else done?

6F75464A-611F-412A-9D52-BFD673C505B2.jpeg
3AD72CDD-0B74-45B1-9EAE-953CB5EBF3AC.jpeg

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Looks like I need to bump up my tire pressure for my daily commute sustained speeds.

slo_its

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
I'm a bit confused by this. The sticker on driver side door frame says 35/33.

This says to avoid high pressure due to heat when driving at over 210km/h sustained, set the front tires higher? Wouldn't heat cause the front tires to rech nearly 50psi?

Unless what it's saying is that higher pressure results in less friction at high speeds thus reducing high temperatures. This could be possible. They're just trying to make sure tires don't overheat as opposed to making better contact.

Unless you're driving on the Autobahn in Germany, which would necessitate importing this car there, you probably won't need this.

OP
OP

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I'm a bit confused by this. The sticker on driver side door frame says 35/33.

This says to avoid high pressure due to heat when driving at over 210km/h sustained, set the front tires higher? Wouldn't heat cause the front tires to rech nearly 50psi?

Unless what it's saying is that higher pressure results in less friction at high speeds thus reducing high temperatures. This could be possible. They're just trying to make sure tires don't overheat as opposed to making better contact.

Unless you're driving on the Autobahn in Germany, which would necessitate importing this car there, you probably won't need this.
yes you are correct the doorjamb sticker does say:
Front: 35psi
Rear: 33psi
Max load: 680 lbs. (Although stock tires are something like 1400 lbs each)

I had not checked tire pressures since delivery and was surprised front tires were 30psi. Opened the user manual and it lists F:41PSI R:33psi for sustained high driving speeds.

I’ll almost never go 130mph but I do a fair amount of highway driving. So it seems Acura I’d recommending higher front pressure for higher speeds.
I thought lowering the tire pressure reduces the speed the tire reacts to input. what might be happening is that lowering the pressure is causing the rear to not react fast enough, overshoots, resulting in oversteer.

FWD cars traditionally prone to understeer, so a 2-3 psi higher front pressure than rear, to bias the front to hold its line agrees with the doorjamb sticker.

lower tire pressure generally gives more grip but in corners the tires can be “squishy” which means slower and less responsive handling. I’ll try driving and then lower psi’s down to 35psi/33psi to see how it feels.

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
I've owned numerous cars with Michelin Pilot summer tires. In general, they had the best grip in the 33 to 36 psi (hot), about 3 psi lower when cold.

On my front wheel and AwD drive performance cars it was quite common to run the Michelins at a higher front pressure , 36 to 39 psi (cold) for best grip and wear.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
it makes sense for 130mph sustained, you want additional air pressure to lessen deformation in the tire where it contacts the road or else the friction will build up heat and cause tire failure. Fail in this case means chunks of rubber start coming off and the tire delaminating. It's not about grip but about safety.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I don't even understand why that would be in the manual.

Who is doing 130mph+ sustained? Hopefully no one on the street.

For everyone else, sticker on door jamb.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
All my cars I run sticker in the door jam as cold tire temps. I do have these same tires on my P3D which calls for 42psi cold, heavier car requires more pressure? Maybe 🤔

the ITS is heavier in the front which could be the reason for the 2 different cold temp psi

dealer spec safest place to start.

Side note anybody Get a manual that says “Type s” on it ? They gave me standard integra books. Said that was what they got.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
All my cars I run sticker in the door jam as cold tire temps. I do have these same tires on my P3D which calls for 42psi cold, heavier car requires more pressure? Maybe 🤔

the ITS is heavier in the front which could be the reason for the 2 different cold temp psi

dealer spec safest place to start.

Side note anybody Get a manual that says “Type s” on it ? They gave me standard integra books. Said that was what they got.
If it's the same as the digital copy both models are in that manual. Type S specifics are referenced by the 2.0L designation

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
If it's the same as the digital copy both models are in that manual. Type S specifics are referenced by the 2.0L designation
Thanks. I’ve never opened the books, I’ll have to look

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
OP
OP

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Thanks. I’ve never opened the books, I’ll have to look
Actually it’s from Integra A-spec owners opening the books that I initially found out the Type S was coming. Which is why I decided to not buy the base model and wait lol