• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Canada ordering

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
After conversion that is $9k USD less in Canada. What am I missing here, is this normal or is that strange?
Similar thing happened with the MK7 Golf R: It was way cheaper in Canada than in the USA, accounting for conversion.

killer23d

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda3
FL5 has MSRP of $52500? I believe the price difference is $3600 for the ITS. Since the FL5 is unobtainable at MSRP, this is more palatable?

The is going back to my GR Corolla problem, I don't think I want it that bad enough to pay markup or suck someone up. I already sent an email to the dealers asking for final costs. I might get all my refunds back if they are going to bundle sell me.

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
FL5 has MSRP of $52500? I believe the price difference is $3600 for the ITS. Since the FL5 is unobtainable at MSRP, this is more palatable?

The is going back to my GR Corolla problem, I don't think I want it that bad enough to pay markup or suck someone up. I already sent an email to the dealers asking for final costs. I might get all my refunds back if they are going to bundle sell me.
MSRP before transport and PDI for the FL5 is 50 050$… maybe Honda Canada will wake up and do something like Honda Australia did ? 500 more Cars for the year… almost double initial numbers for the country… maybe we will get something similar ?

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/more-honda-civic-type-rs-coming-to-australia

zozi8816

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model3

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
its normal, we are poorer.
Especially after we all go out and buy an Integra Type S.

Hard to find value anywhere these days… covid ruined so many things. Buying a ‘17 Si for the same price as a ’99 Prelude was a great value. Like many other companies, that Honda is no more. The clawback of ADM on the Si/CTR/ITS makes all the sense it does but it really takes a lot of the fun out of buying cars these days.

lz23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z
My local dealer just called to tell me they have 7 cars coming this year and wanted to know my top three color preferences.The car will be MSRP but they apply ceramic coating which adds 1250.00 to the cost.They will not sell me the car without it.Said he would call back later with more detail and see if I want to put a fully refundabe deposit down subject to seeing the car in person.

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI
My local dealer just called to tell me they have 7 cars coming this year and wanted to know my top three color preferences.The car will be MSRP but they apply ceramic coating which adds 1250.00 to the cost.They will not sell me the car without it.Said he would call back later with more detail and see if I want to put a fully refundabe deposit down subject to seeing the car in person.
Which province/city was this?

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Another revenue generating opportunity for the dealer. Not sure what fair is for ceramic coat but 1250 non-negotiable isn’t it.

I assume you tried for a more reasonable price on the ceramic. Last Honda dealer I dealt with took a few hundred off paint protection.

killer23d

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda3
MSRP before transport and PDI for the FL5 is 50 050$… maybe Honda Canada will wake up and do something like Honda Australia did ? 500 more Cars for the year… almost double initial numbers for the country… maybe we will get something similar ?

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/more-honda-civic-type-rs-coming-to-australia
I got duped by the site since Honda and Acura list the prices including PDI & Freight. The ITS, MSRP excludes PDI and Freight.

I checked with my dealer and they are not doing mark up. That car still ends up drive out around $65318. It is definitely more than what I want to spend. This makes me going to take another look at the A Spec 6MT since there are 2 at another dealer sitting and I can probably negotiate it down.

FYI, my buddy would paint correct and coat for the same price the dealer asks. The dealer just wash and apply the coat, also no idea what coat is. There are just too many China made inferior coat out there and I bet the dealers are not using anything top notch.

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
I got duped by the site since Honda and Acura list the prices including PDI & Freight. The ITS, MSRP excludes PDI and Freight.

I checked with my dealer and they are not doing mark up. That car still ends up drive out around $65318. It is definitely more than what I want to spend. This makes me going to take another look at the A Spec 6MT since there are 2 at another dealer sitting and I can probably negotiate it down.

FYI, my buddy would paint correct and coat for the same price the dealer asks. The dealer just wash and apply the coat, also no idea what coat is. There are just too many China made inferior coat out there and I bet the dealers are not using anything top notch.
Would not be interested in anything a dealer do detailing wise… its always a cach grab … high profit margin is the only goal

lz23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z
Another revenue generating opportunity for the dealer. Not sure what fair is for ceramic coat but 1250 non-negotiable isn’t it.

I assume you tried for a more reasonable price on the ceramic. Last Honda dealer I dealt with took a few hundred off paint protection.
Yes I tried but they said it was non negotiable.The ceramic coating is by First Canadian Ceramic Coating Protection.

lz23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z

Actually the car is more than that if you take the car with pdi it is 58,195. plus doc fee of 500.00 plus air cond tax 100.00 and reg taxes it is around 67,600.Then add ceramic coating and you are at 69,000.

Midnight_VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Acura/Honda has straight up lost their mind.

killer23d

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda3
Actually the car is more than that if you take the car with pdi it is 58,195. plus doc fee of 500.00 plus air cond tax 100.00 and reg taxes it is around 67,600.Then add ceramic coating and you are at 69,000.
I checked the BOS, there is no doc fee which I am surprised. The sales person said they just do MSRP + AC/Tire and that's it.

My guy already quoted me around $2k for front PPF and ceramic coat. I also have to get a set of winter tires etc... That is a wack load of money. It's sucks I have to give this up, but that's $70k that I can use to pay off my mortgage or renovations.

It's not like I don't have anything to drive, my current car is not even 5 years old - i just have to cheer myself up for slow car fun.