• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Build Quality

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Let's be real here, it's just a Civic with some lipstick. The good stuff though, MAC or whatever.
Sometimes the lipstick looks just right and feels just right. They call it whatever they want, I would enjoy this car no less. Happy the Integra has returned

RamVA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beat, Acty, Prelude, CBR1kRR, ITS, Motocompacto
I got the same rattle!🤪
I also have the passenger seatbelt cover buzz. It's annoying, but not debilitating, I'll get it taken care of whenever the car next needs service.

I think at this point it can be considered a "common issue", but it's certainly not as serious as the coolant reservoir issue.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I also own a Lexus. My wife drives it. It has its share of rattles, but it's also 6 years old with 92,000 miles on it. It's showing it's age for sure. Doors no longer shut with a solid "thunk". There are a few rattles. But overall, it's still in good condition given that my wife totally abuses a car. I swear she hits pot holes on purpose....she'd certainly never avoid one. Car is on it's third windshield because she follows too closely. The paint on the hood is a constant effort to keep touched up. We've had to put a water pump on it, and a couple of batteries, and a set of brakes...all of those are wear items.

So no car is perfect, even the bastion of quality that is Lexus.
To clarify, I was more talking about the interior cabin NVH; Lexus is a pretty good benchmark based on past experiences; they tend to prioritize a very quiet cabin at the expense of driving dynamics. The ITS is the other way around, but NVH still isn't that bad as long as your expectations are in check.

I wouldn't say Lexus is any more reliable as a whole than Acura; as someone else said at their core they're Hondas and Toyotas. Things can and do still wear and fail with these cars, just generally less than, say, Ford or Dodge. Although even Ford and Dodge aren't as bad as they used to be...

I have criticisms of my wife's driving too... so I put her in a 450 hp missile. Go figure.

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
I am getting close to purchasing a new 2024 Integra Type S. I have read about many build quality issues; rattles, panel alignment, and paint defects. Have these issues been addressed on the 2024 models or are they continueing to happen? Thank you for help.
I've only owned mine for 13 days now, but I don't have any complaints and my wife would tell you I am really picky. My wife and I did plenty of slow laps around it at the lot prior to purchase, then many more just admiring this machine. No noticeable issues with panel alignment or paint defects. I hate rattles with a passion, so I was concerned about that when reading some posts or watching social media. Thank goodness, I have not experienced any of the same issues.

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Aside from what others have mentioned, a couple other issues:
  • If you wash your car when it's cold out, water may get in or around the trunk release button and freeze. This will prevent you from opening the trunk even if you use the key fob button to unlock it. There's something about the button's design that will only open the trunk if the button can be pressed (on the trunk, not the key fob), but if it's frozen, it won't budge at all. I had this happen to my car a couple days ago. I was able to open the trunk using the manual override switch, but that required folding down a seat and crawling back to get to it. Otherwise letting everything thaw out in a heated garage resolved the issue as well.
  • Some owners (me included) have had an issue where the car will suddenly throw a bunch of errors and go into limp mode. Some dealers have reset the codes and some have replaced parts, but based on what I've read, the latest direction from Acura is to not replace any parts and just reset codes. Word out there now is that a software fix will be available in February. A few threads on this:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Aside from what others have mentioned, a couple other issues:
  • If you wash your car when it's cold out, water may get in or around the trunk release button and freeze. This will prevent you from opening the trunk even if you use the key fob button to unlock it. There's something about the button's design that will only open the trunk if the button can be pressed (on the trunk, not the key fob), but if it's frozen, it won't budge at all. I had this happen to my car a couple days ago. I was able to open the trunk using the manual override switch, but that required folding down a seat and crawling back to get to it. Otherwise letting everything thaw out in a heated garage resolved the issue as well.
  • Some owners (me included) have had an issue where the car will suddenly throw a bunch of errors and go into limp mode. Some dealers have reset the codes and some have replaced parts, but based on what I've read, the latest direction from Acura is to not replace any parts and just reset codes. Word out there now is that a software fix will be available in February. A few threads on this:
That latch issue some have had the dealer fix. I take mine to a touchless car wash 2 to 3 times a week and no issues in single digit temps.

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
That latch issue some have had the dealer fix. I take mine to a touchless car wash 2 to 3 times a week and no issues in single digit temps.
Yeah, I've asked the dealer to look at it. I did read some have had the button assembly replaced and it seems to have resolved the issue. It really caught me by surprise when I first noticed it though!

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Mine barely wanted to open last night so I loaded all the hockey gear in right away for today’s early am trip out of fear for not being able to load in the am & having to deal with my sons tears. Lol opened just fine after the hour trip there in like 3° so that was good.