• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Brand new to Acura/Honda, few questions about the gearbox on my 2023 Integra please!

EricY77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Hey guys! So happy that I found this forum after getting my new integra this past week. Super stoked to learn more and connect with you guys.

I came back to driving manual after few years and I'm also learning how my integra drives. Although, I did have some questions out of personal concerns which I hope are all just common things.

1) I have realized that in certain moments, especially while driving low speeds in the garage or lots, the gearbox can be a bit clicky if that's the right word. Wouln't go as far as saying clunky noises or anything but just light clicky sounds. A friend told me that Honda gearboxes can be a bit clicky but didnt know if any of you guys are experiencing this on the new Integra.

i tried recording it but the phone camera wouldnt pick up the sounds 😔

2) this clicky noise happens more often when im in low speeds going from 2nd to 3rd gear.

3) when the weather is a bit cooler, the clicking noises seems to be less frequent. Wondering the hot weather increases the noise.

sorry if these questions are dumb, but just wanted to get some thoughts on this! Thank you in advance.

AB744748-59A5-489B-9187-36EDDB4FA9D7.jpeg

Last edited:

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
Do you "feel" it clicking in your hand while you shift?

My transmission feels great and it's hot out here in CA. I'd monitor it if it gets worse overtime. Something could be loose.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
How low are these "low speeds" and what gear are you in?

OP
OP
EricY77

EricY77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Do you "feel" it clicking in your hand while you shift?

My transmission feels great and it's hot out here in CA. I'd monitor it if it gets worse overtime. Something could be loose.
No! So the clicking isnt an active thing but when i shift between gears for ex 1-2 2-3 i just hear it click into the gear where as other gears dont make much noise at all.

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
Might be shifting before the revs fall enough - try giving it more time between shifts. But could just be how the transmission feels. 1st and 2nd are always going to be "harder" shifts with the small gear ratios.

solman

First Name
Sol
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra ASPEC 6MT TECH, 2011 Ford F250
Might be shifting before the revs fall enough - try giving it more time between shifts. But could just be how the transmission feels. 1st and 2nd are always going to be "harder" shifts with the small gear ratios.
Agreed, I find that slowing down the shift by a fraction makes for a smoother shift. I still do sometimes feel the shifter clicking in my hand.

OP
OP
EricY77

EricY77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Makes perfect sense... I actually did ask someone in service and he said that it feels completely normal but thank you so much to everyone! Still learning

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
You could also check another Integra at the dealer - see if it feels / sounds any different from your car…

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
I like the term notchy for the manual trans. A real solid feel when it slips into place. I don't know about the click sound though. I'll listen for that next time I drive.