• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Big brake upgrade

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Just to be clear, what is the point of the BBK for you? By the sounds of it, it's mainly aesthetics since as you say, your not tracking it.

If it's only for looks, have at it. People put money into their cars to make it look the way they want and if that's the case, find a system you love and get them but otherwise it's a gigantic waste of money. Stock brakes are more than enough to lock up tires and engage ABS, a BBK won't really help you stop faster.

What it does do is combat heat soak of repeated hard braking but how many back to back emergency stops will you do on the road? If you want to squeak out a shorter stopping distance on the road, get better tires and that upgrade will be the best bang for the buck.
My Aspec rotors seemed to warp after 15k miles with only street driving. If I were to keep that car a BBK would make sense.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
My Aspec rotors seemed to warp after 15k miles with only street driving. If I were to keep that car a BBK would make sense.
Wow, I didn't think they'd be that bad. I know it's not the same car but my Civic Si's front brakes lasted almost 60k miles before they needed replacement. My back brakes needed to be replaced earlier because after a huge rain storm with lots of standing water. I made the mistake of engaging the parking brake and water had gotten into the boot and rusted it so that the pads were fused to the rotor. Surface rust on the brakes happened frequently after rain, but they always broke free within the first 10 feet of driving. That time because it was on the brake line they didn't and I cooked the rotor in the short 2 miles at 40 mph it took to realize they didn't unstick.

All this to say, I'm not discounting your experience, but it could have also been a weird one off like I experience??? I'm not familiar if there are lots of other complaint on the matter, if so, yeah more reason to change.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Start by replacing the OE rotors with something better. This isn't really hard as Honda rotors tend to warp quite fast (at least that was the case with V6 Honda Accords).

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Wow, I didn't think they'd be that bad. I know it's not the same car but my Civic Si's front brakes lasted almost 60k miles before they needed replacement. My back brakes needed to be replaced earlier because after a huge rain storm with lots of standing water. I made the mistake of engaging the parking brake and water had gotten into the boot and rusted it so that the pads were fused to the rotor. Surface rust on the brakes happened frequently after rain, but they always broke free within the first 10 feet of driving. That time because it was on the brake line they didn't and I cooked the rotor in the short 2 miles at 40 mph it took to realize they didn't unstick.

All this to say, I'm not discounting your experience, but it could have also been a weird one off like I experience??? I'm not familiar if there are lots of other complaint on the matter, if so, yeah more reason to change.
It could be a one off. I seem to be rough on vehicles and in the past struggled to have brakes perform for more than a year until there was an issue. Now these brembos on the Type S are amazing. Super smooth and gobs of stopping power. Brake dust is an issue but worth the trade off.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Iron rotors rarely warp. 99% of the time what feels like a warped rotor (causing the brake judder, especially when breaking from higher speeds) is actually uneven pad deposits. Replacing the pads with higher quality/temp ratings usually keeps this from happening. If your rotors ever feel warped, just have them turned, which removes the pad deposits, and put better brake pads on. Hawk HPS 5.0 pads are great, and can handle more heat. Also not expensive. They produce just a tiny bit more dust.

This was a big issue with my previous car's Brembo brakes. I changed the pads within the first 1k miles and never had an issue again.

All that being said, the ITS brakes do feel great and seem to perform well too. (I use different pads for the track)

1.5L_Enthusiast_DE4

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Iron rotors rarely warp. 99% of the time what feels like a warped rotor (causing the brake judder, especially when breaking from higher speeds) is actually uneven pad deposits. Replacing the pads with higher quality/temp ratings usually keeps this from happening. If your rotors ever feel warped, just have them turned, which removes the pad deposits, and put better brake pads on. Hawk HPS 5.0 pads are great, and can handle more heat. Also not expensive. They produce just a tiny bit more dust.

This was a big issue with my previous car's Brembo brakes. I changed the pads within the first 1k miles and never had an issue again.

All that being said, the ITS brakes do feel great and seem to perform well too. (I use different pads for the track)

What pad and rotor combo do you recommend for front and rears ? Assuming you are rocking stock calipers.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
What pad and rotor combo do you recommend for front and rears ? Assuming you are rocking stock calipers.
Stock rotors are great until they wear out. For street I like Hawk HPS 5.0.
For Track I like Hawk DTC 60 front and DTC 30 rear.