• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Auto Headlight Wire

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Okay, so @jayy_swish , if in the diagram there’s a wire that goes to ground or 12v when the auto headlights turn on, that’s what I need. I’m going to wire a relay that’ll power both footwell lighting and a starlight headliner. For longevity’s sake I only want them on during the night time lol.

I had it like that on my 16 Civic, I really hope they didn’t make it more complicated to do 😭

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I hate auto lighting. & now that I think about it, the auto HVAC adjustments, too.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Thank you for the info.

Would you have access to the part number of the light sensor itself?

I would prefer to try and find the manufacturer's voltage output(s) on a data sheet rather than guess and checking with a multimeter.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Sorry downloaded the wrong one that is the non-rain sensing sensor. For the rain/ambient light sensor it’s this one.

@SilverRocket I don’t have part numbers for the ITS. I do have part numbers for the non-ITS, but seeing how the A-spec w/ tech and the ITS have both auto wipers, I’d assume they use the same parts. Here is the part number. Not sure why it says head lamps but it’s the ambient sensor

View attachment Automatic Lighting_Rain Sensor Connector for Inputs and Outputs (Ambient Light Sensor).pdf

View attachment Parts and Labor (Ambient Light Sensor).pdf

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Sorry downloaded the wrong one that is the non-rain sensing sensor. For the rain/ambient light sensor it’s this one.

@SilverRocket I don’t have part numbers for the ITS. I do have part numbers for the non-ITS, but seeing how the A-spec w/ tech and the ITS have both auto wipers, I’d assume they use the same parts. Here is the part number. Not sure why it says head lamps but it’s the ambient sensor

View attachment Automatic Lighting_Rain Sensor Connector for Inputs and Outputs (Ambient Light Sensor).pdf

View attachment Parts and Labor (Ambient Light Sensor).pdf
Thanks again! This should be more than enough to get me started on my project.

OP
OP

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
OP
OP

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Definitely not it. Would you be able to send me the wire diagrams of the wires that lead out of the BCM?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Definitely not it. Would you be able to send me the wire diagrams of the wires that lead out of the BCM?
My bad, must have skipped over this notification. I can provide that tomorrow , but also this is a different sensor than what was in the 10th gen civic this is a rain sensor/light sensor combo, whereas the 10th gen was the old standard light sensor

OP
OP

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
My bad, must have skipped over this notification. I can provide that tomorrow , but also this is a different sensor than what was in the 10th gen civic this is a rain sensor/light sensor combo, whereas the 10th gen was the old standard light sensor
Ah! Annoying. Okay, I’ll be looking forward to it

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Communicates through the LIN network

View attachment Body Control Module Connector for Inputs and Outputs (Body Control Module).pdf

View attachment LIN Communication Line (KA USA DE5) (Computers and Control Systems).pdf

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
There is a connection under the dash/console area that is used for connecting the illuminated cup holder and armrest storage. I have this lighting kit but didn't run the connection to it since you would need to remove the dash portion and get behind the HVAC controls area. I'm thinking you could do the same.

OP
OP

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
There is a connection under the dash/console area that is used for connecting the illuminated cup holder and armrest storage. I have this lighting kit but didn't run the connection to it since you would need to remove the dash portion and get behind the HVAC controls area. I'm thinking you could do the same.
As long as they are only on when the headlights are on that would work for me. Otherwise, based on the diagrams, I’m going to have to go straight to the headlight and then use it as a turn on for a relay haha. Which, I’m probably not going to do unless I decide to run a subwoofer.

Thanks @jayy_swish ! I miss all data haha