• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any insight on integra cvt vs 10th gen civic

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
I am starting my search for a new car. I've finally gotten over my being upset about the integra having a CVT and after looking at an a5 sportback and the absurd pricing the stealership had for payment, warranty, etc i'm back to looking at an integra. Can anyone give any insight on how it drives and how it compares to a 10th gen civic? just trying to make sure that if i go through with an order that it's something i'd love.

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
The CVT is quite alright. I test drove an Integra over Labor Day weekend because I'm trying to decide between the Integra and the Si. I would recommend the CVT transmission to all typical average non-enthusiast drivers. No problems and puts the power down, it was actually so good that I'm considering dropping the manual option for a 2.0T Accord with the 10speed. However, this will probably be relevant to you, is that enthusiastic driving shows the CVT's problems. Not as engaging as the manual. It doesn't really hold revs, and CVT "shifting" is feels sloppier as you hammer it. I haven't test driven the 10th gen Civic ever, but the Acura was a good option. I recommend you test one.

I will probably not go with it because I only care about the ELS sound system and the adaptive dampers, but I don't want to pay the $10k premium from a Civic.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The CVT is quite alright. I test drove an Integra over Labor Day weekend because I'm trying to decide between the Integra and the Si. I would recommend the CVT transmission to all typical average non-enthusiast drivers. No problems and puts the power down, it was actually so good that I'm considering dropping the manual option for a 2.0T Accord with the 10speed. However, this will probably be relevant to you, is that enthusiastic driving shows the CVT's problems. Not as engaging as the manual. It doesn't really hold revs, and CVT "shifting" is feels sloppier as you hammer it. I haven't test driven the 10th gen Civic ever, but the Acura was a good option. I recommend you test one.

I will probably not go with it because I only care about the ELS sound system and the adaptive dampers, but I don't want to pay the $10k premium from a Civic.
Not a very accurate testimony. Maybe since it was just a test drive.

The CVT is excellent EVEN for enthusiasts. I had a 300whp all motor RSX Type S revving to 9400 rpm’s. I currently have a 500hp Mustang GT. I am an enthusiast and I love the CVT way more than I thought I would.

It does indeed hold revs just fine. In D it drives great and even in normal has great response. You can hit the paddles and it’ll temporarily go manual and hold the revs until it goes back to D after a few seconds.

When the trans is in S, the revs stay around 3k while cruising. You can drive this like a more aggressive D. But once you hit the paddles you’re permanently in manual mode. It’ll hold the revs as long as you want. I can drive around in 4th “gear” at 5000 rpm’s if I want.

It feels very much like a manual, even with reverse gear needing gas to move back. And the “shifts” are fast and crisp and immediate when paddles are pulled. In D on acceleration it holds rpm’s for less than a second a couple of times during the rev range. But in S an acceleration is identical to a manual. The shifts aren’t ever sloppy regardless of where they are and you can absolutely drive it aggressively. And then pop it in drive and chill. Is it as good as a DCT? No, the 8 speed DCT in my Sorento is better. But I think it’s more sporty and better tuned than Acura's 10 speed. And it’s much better than I thought it would be.

The CVT shift logic and tuning that Acura did are night and day vs the civic CVT.

Last edited: