• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Aftermarket gas tank?

grapesdds

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Coming from driving an F-150 with a 36 gallon tank that would get me 600+ miles a fill up. I was annoyed at first at having to stop every 3 days to fill up now with the smaller tank, but I've gotten used to the quicker stops.

Plus its a good chance to walk around and admire the car a few minutes. 👍

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Range anxiety shouldn't be a thing for a ICE setup.
Come on, this is not "range anxiety". Last I checked, there are gas stations literally everywhere.

It's just an inconvenience. A ridiculously small one at that. If it's a bigger inconvenience to some, then there are plenty of other options out there.

I'm not arguing that it's a "feature", but it's easy to see that it was a design decision and one I'm comfortable with.

edit- I'm also not suggesting the car is perfect. An example of a gripe I'm on board with is the fuel starvation issue during track use, or disabling VSA via the "pedal dance" takes away the right side of the display. But this "have to fill up more often" thing is about as minor an issue I can imagine if we're talking trade-offs for performance cars, yet I've noticed more people complaining about it than both of the issues I listed combined... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Come on, this is not "range anxiety". Last I checked, there are gas stations literally everywhere.

It's just an inconvenience. A ridiculously small one at that. If it's a bigger inconvenience to some, then there are plenty of other options out there.

I'm not arguing that it's a "feature", but it's easy to see that it was a design decision and one I'm comfortable with.

edit- I'm also not suggesting the car is perfect. An example of a gripe I'm on board with is the fuel starvation issue during track use, or disabling VSA via the "pedal dance" takes away the right side of the display. But this "have to fill up more often" thing is about as minor an issue I can imagine if we're talking trade-offs for performance cars, yet I've noticed more people complaining about it than both of the issues I listed combined... 🤷‍♂️
I filled up yesterday and now at a half a tank.. I just wish it had 300+ range.

OP
OP

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Fr. I feel like anything that’s 40 or so more one way is half a tank 😂

b0nb0n

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 1999 Civic, 1997 Celsior
Been doing 4 hour 275 mile roundtrips once a week for the last 5-6 weeks. Entirely highway miles. Fill up right before hopping on the interstate and fill up at the same gas station on the return home with 10-20 miles to spare and the gas light on. I've tried comfort and sport+ and MPG has been virtually the same. It's manageable... plenty of WOT pulls happening on these trips. I'd say you could get a little over 300 miles out of the tank with a light foot and flat roads. Lots of hills on my trip.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I hear you- the tank is small and it is a bit annoying, and I don't have a commute so I'm not forced to drive my car daily where it would admittedly be a lot more annoying.

...but also I have to literally scroll through your signature every time you post! I do believe it's safe to say that your gas mileage issue is exacerbated by the modifications you've done, and that isn't even getting into your driving habits!

Anyway, there are better cars to daily drive, I won't deny that in the slightest. For me though the gas tank isn't a big deal. For you and others in similar positions with how you use the car, I can see it is, fair's fair. I also don't think there's much to be done about it, short of the aforementioned "gas tank in the trunk" solution.

OP
OP

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
I hear you- the tank is small and it is a bit annoying, and I don't have a commute so I'm not forced to drive my car daily where it would admittedly be a lot more annoying.

...but also I have to literally scroll through your signature every time you post! I do believe it's safe to say that your gas mileage issue is exacerbated by the modifications you've done, and that isn't even getting into your driving habits!

Anyway, there are better cars to daily drive, I won't deny that in the slightest. For me though the gas tank isn't a big deal. For you and others in similar positions with how you use the car, I can see it is, fair's fair. I also don't think there's much to be done about it, short of the aforementioned "gas tank in the trunk" solution.
that’s fair. Hopefully someone will prove us wrong, and make an aftermarket tank. I do not want to sacrifice trunk space, especially when it’s a hatch.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Maybe that's the solution.. taller 6th gear.