• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I put a deposit down on my Integra for MSRP in August, when Si's and ST's in my area had $6k markups. Even before the insanity of the last couple of years, certain Honda dealers were infamous for ADM and forced accessories. Many years ago, I went to a local dealer to look at a brand new 2011 Fit Sport and they wanted $1500 in ADM and had $500 in accessories they said I had to accept. Needless to say, I didn't buy from them. I found out later that even the people who work there buy their cars from other dealers. I have no idea how they stay in business, but they do.

Just because many Honda dealers are trying to retire off the CTS, that doesn't necessarily mean Acura will do the same with the ITS.
Geez, thatā€™s insane. Hopefully thereā€™s a window of hope in the near future then.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Geez, thatā€™s insane. Hopefully thereā€™s a window of hope in the near future then.
Pretty sure there is. There seem to be more than a few Acura dealers out there whose policy is to sell at MSRP. Where I bought mine does that and also does not force any add-ons, either. If they didn't throw ADM on regular Integras, or any of their other models, why would they do it for the ITS?

Even working with the finance guy was easy peezy. He laid out all the warranties, etc I could get, and when I decided on what I wanted, that was it. No hard sell on why I really should get this or that. It took all of about 10 mins.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Pretty sure there is. There seem to be more than a few Acura dealers out there whose policy is to sell at MSRP. Where I bought mine does that and also does not force any add-ons, either. If they didn't throw ADM on regular Integras, or any of their other models, why would they do it for the ITS?

Even working with the finance guy was easy peezy. He laid out all the warranties, etc I could get, and when I decided on what I wanted, that was it. No hard sell on why I really should get this or that. It took all of about 10 mins.
Well, our local Honda dealers are selling their Siā€™s with no markup but are marking up the Type Rā€™s unfortunately. Capitalizing on the demand. This particular dealership has a Honda branch & an Acura branch located a few miles away.

Damn, sounds like an awesome experience. Iā€™m not opposed to traveling to the dealer for pickup & driving back home either. Iā€™m near St Louis MO so close to smack dab in the middle of the country.

Iā€™m planning on auctioning my Jeep prior to purchasing also, so if I end up doing that just to get a last minute markup thereā€™s a possibility I could become irate. šŸ˜† But seriously.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Well, our local Honda dealers are selling their Siā€™s with no markup but are marking up the Type Rā€™s unfortunately. Capitalizing on the demand. This particular dealership has a Honda branch & an Acura branch located a few miles away.

Damn, sounds like an awesome experience. Iā€™m not opposed to traveling to the dealer for pickup & driving back home either. Iā€™m near St Louis MO so close to smack dab in the middle of the country.

Iā€™m planning on auctioning my Jeep prior to purchasing also, so if I end up doing that just to get a last minute markup thereā€™s a possibility I could become irate. šŸ˜† But seriously.
I don't know, but isn't the Civic R more of a limited edition than any Type S of any model Acura. Hell, Acura has Type S SUVs.

When dealers finally have allocations and can legitimately take deposits against those allocations, a firm selling price for the car should be established. The only additions on the date of sale would be completely voluntary warranties. If the dealer isn't willing to do that, thank them for their time and walk out.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I don't know, but isn't the Civic R more of a limited edition than any Type S of any model Acura. Hell, Acura has Type S SUVs.

When dealers finally have allocations and can legitimately take deposits against those allocations, a firm selling price for the car should be established. The only additions on the date of sale would be completely voluntary warranties. If the dealer isn't willing to do that, thank them for their time and walk out.
Iā€™m not exactly sure but I agree & think youā€™re right. Acura dealer ā€œsort ofā€ confirmed that for me also that the CTR should be more rare.

I agree 100%.

C175E2C6-3005-4D6E-B675-CE4FA1D63834.jpeg

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T

I bought my integra when the market was still crazy. I found what I was looking for online at a dealership 2.5hrs away, across state lines. When I called, they stated they have no markups but do have an all weather floor mat and wheel lock package that "most customers choose, but is not necessary" for purchase. I ended up dealing with them and buying their package since Midwest winters need all weather floor mats.

Thinking back, maybe that's why they only had 3 new cars on their lot at the time.

Midnight_VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Sneak peak of the Integra Type S (modded) from Acura's new video:

323309953_1367295980671896_6631186159989206359_n.jpg
323417054_709609387292576_7977611470926784740_n.jpg
323455229_3196888520602704_2216965398404542947_n.jpg
325662118_2427033860805420_1953485413043016047_n.jpg

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
It looks like the old Suzuki Escudo Pike's Peak from Gran Turismo with all that aero!

...but I wouldn't turn it down, even with the racing decals. šŸ˜…

Midnight_VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
It looks like @jonsibal may have had some insider information, considering how accurate his rendering is so far.:popcorn:
Funny I was thinking that this morning.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 4.10.10 PM.png

5th passenger seat confirmed? Also looks like Type R style seats but of course, "Production model may vary"

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 4.10.10 PM.png

5th passenger seat confirmed? Also looks like Type R style seats but of course, "Production model may vary"
Since she's wearing a racing harness, I assume the implication here is that it's an aftermarket seat?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Since she's wearing a racing harness, I assume the implication here is that it's an aftermarket seat?
Itā€™s a Pikes Peak version so it of course would have red seats or recaros in general.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Itā€™s a Pikes Peak version so it of course would have red seats or recaros in general.
Ah okay, well if this is previewing a car meant to run Pikes Peak , I imagine the Type S should be unveiled well before June!

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Ah okay, well if this is previewing a car meant to run Pikes Peak , I imagine the Type S should be unveiled well before June!
They said summer time. I would assume they could do a prototype with Camo still.