• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Acura all electric in ten years

Acuratech214

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
That’s their plans any thoughts?? New zdx will be 2024 and that’s the start.

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
Mixed feelings. I think it's the right move, but I'll miss the older tech. My next car will likely be an electric, but very happy to have my Integra MT now.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I personally think they're missing out on some good opportunities to integrate hybrid tech (a la NSX style) into some of their vehicles. But all things considered (their partnership with Sony and GM as well as their own forthcoming e:architecture) as well as how other premium/luxury makers are going about things, it makes sense. The ZDX concept looks good IMO, and I appreciate that Acura is seems to be keeping the more traditional long nose styling (rather than stubby cab forward designs others are using) should translate well into their future models.

I figure when I do decide to move into a new car it'll probably be a mild hybrid first... living in an apartment and with limited charging capabilities, an EV isn't realistic yet unless they can severely bring charging times down and increase charging infrastructure in my area.

It'll be interesting to see how many (if any) other automakers jump on the Dodge idea of integrating active exhaust on future performance EVs or if they'll all mostly stick to fake noises, sounds, whistles and chimes.

OP
OP

Acuratech214

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I personally think they're missing out on some good opportunities to integrate hybrid tech (a la NSX style) into some of their vehicles. But all things considered (their partnership with Sony and GM as well as their own forthcoming e:architecture) as well as how other premium/luxury makers are going about things, it makes sense. The ZDX concept looks good IMO, and I appreciate that Acura is seems to be keeping the more traditional long nose styling (rather than stubby cab forward designs others are using) should translate well into their future models.

I figure when I do decide to move into a new car it'll probably be a mild hybrid first... living in an apartment and with limited charging capabilities, an EV isn't realistic yet unless they can severely bring charging times down and increase charging infrastructure in my area.

It'll be interesting to see how many (if any) other automakers jump on the Dodge idea of integrating active exhaust on future performance EVs or if they'll all mostly stick to fake noises, sounds, whistles and chimes.
I mean if you look at it the RLX and MDX sport hybrids work a lot like the NSX. The differential from the RLX is the same one in the NSX. Seeing what I have seen it’s going to be really expensive and super a la cart style ordering that customers will do from wherever they want. The ZDX might as well be a GM product from my understanding but after that it will be American Honda engineering

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
A lot of automakers will be EV-only in 10 years. No surprise there.
However, I still don't get why Acura decided to skip HEV and PHEV.
Integra is the only model in Acura's line up with 30+mpg fuel economy. They're gonna NEED more EVs soon.

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
A lot of automakers will be EV-only in 10 years. No surprise there.
However, I still don't get why Acura decided to skip HEV and PHEV.
Integra is the only model in Acura's line up with 30+mpg fuel economy. They're gonna NEED more EVs soon.
Honda overall it seems.. So many competitors like Toyota and Hyundai are putting out great hybrids with crazy mpg's even on their CUV/SUV's and Honda has nothing really to match it. Only available powertrain's are the 1.5t, 2.0t, and NA 3.5, and a 2.0L hybrid setup in the Accord and CR-V. Nothing for bigger vehicles though that could use the MPG boost.. Feel like to go right to EV is a huge mistake overall. Not against EV's at all, but to put all your eggs in that basket when the time of Hybrids is now until full EV is in a better place is a questionable decision. Guess we will see how it pays off

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
One thing I would've liked to have seen Honda/Acura do is mate their turbo engines to hybrid setups (kia and hyundai just started doing this with their crossovers). Offering something with better fuel economy and performance especially given that their turbo charged engines are still relatively new (only the last 7-ish years on the market). Combining the instant torque of electric assist, down sized turbo engines, offers a way to get more performance, better mpgs (even in larger offerings, a 2.0T hybrid setup would be great for the pilot/passport/odyssey), honda gets more use from the turbos they dumped so much R&D into, and something like the 1.5T with a hybrid making 230+ hp while returning 40+mpg would be amazing in cars like the CRV, Civic, and Accord and would've been great for something like the Integra as well.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda overall it seems.. So many competitors like Toyota and Hyundai are putting out great hybrids with crazy mpg's even on their CUV/SUV's and Honda has nothing really to match it. Only available powertrain's are the 1.5t, 2.0t, and NA 3.5, and a 2.0L hybrid setup in the Accord and CR-V. Nothing for bigger vehicles though that could use the MPG boost.. Feel like to go right to EV is a huge mistake overall. Not against EV's at all, but to put all your eggs in that basket when the time of Hybrids is now until full EV is in a better place is a questionable decision. Guess we will see how it pays off
The thing is, Honda will be introducing new hybrids starting with the CR-V. New tech to probably match other brands too.
Iirc, they said PHEV will be the most powerful trim for each model (minus the Civic lol).

Acura is technically not alone and Genesis is actually one of the other brands to skip HEV. But it’s probably because they don’t have (and don’t want to invest on) HEV tech for longitudinal layout. Plus they are somewhat desperately making EV versions of their existing ICE cars now.
Acura on the other hand will have all hybrid systems available straight out of Honda’s parts bin. Cheap and easy.
I just don’t get it.
Like you said, putting all the eggs in one basket doesn’t seem to be the best idea.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
Honda is extremely stingy with Hybrids. No civic or HRV hybrid in the US while Toyota is pumping out hybrids on nearly all their models.

I'm honestly excited for the new Corolla Hatch hybrid with e-AWD

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
I still have my Ford PHEV. While I don't love the car, I like the execution vs a hybrid or full electric. I'm not interested in either of those at this time. And I have a garage where I can charge it.
Don't get me wrong, it is a good car, does everything just fine, and I love getting 1000-1500 miles per tank on mostly short commutes. Also runs rock solid and low low maintenance with 140Kmiles. I just have a feeling there's a $$$ service coming up sometime if the electrical/CVT flakes out.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I wonder if they are interested in electrifying their current line-up too. Integra EV would be nice.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I thought I remembered seeing a while ago that some of the Japanese manufacturers were looking towards Hydrogen power over full EV. It seems either my memory is shot, or that EV won out.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I thought I remembered seeing a while ago that some of the Japanese manufacturers were looking towards Hydrogen power over full EV. It seems either my memory is shot, or that EV won out.
Multiple companies are still researching and investing in Hydrogen tech. Hyundai/Kia, Honda, Toyota, BMW, etc are all still in that game. EVs are just where the market is heading currently while cheaper more refined Hydrogen technology is being developed at a slower pace because full BEV is where the money went for now.

I'm a big fan of Hydrogen as it offers, IMO, the best of both worlds, quick refueling similar to an ICE vehicle while still netting the benefits of an EV in terms of electric power, quiet operation, and zero emissions. The added perk of Hydrogen is that it can be produced on-site with solar power (so no having to ship and store it, no strain on power grid, etc) and most current fueling stations could be converted to hydrogen in a few days time given the supplies and money to do so. But the money is in EVs now, hydrogen will get its day, I hope.

I wonder if they are interested in electrifying their current line-up too. Integra EV would be nice.
Unlike hyundai/kia or VW that have created their all new EV only sub-brands and naming structures, I suspect Honda/Acura will want to capitalize on the names and reputations of its popular models (as we've seen already with ford and chevy). So I figure we will eventually have a Civic EV, Integra EV, Accord EV, etc assuming crossovers don't do away with ALL sedans and small cars by then. It won't so much be the CURRENT lineup being electrified (outside of mild hybrids for Honda)... but in another generation or two, we will probably see them start to switch their legacy models over to EV platforms.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Their (Honda, Acura) current lineup is on schedule to be replaced by their EV equivalents at around 2026/2027. Namely, Civic, Integra, Accord, CRV!!!! I think the next TLX (2026?) will get the first crack as a luxury EV sedan after the ZDX (first luxury EV in SUV form).