• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
Imagine someone walking in off the street. They didn’t front $500 to the dealer and oh wow there’s a manual sitting here for sale. Boom they buy it on the spot. Meanwhile I’m sitting here waiting for my CVT after being the first guy to give them money?

That would be a slap in the face.
agreed and more likely than not you’d pull your reservation.
The car market while “hot” does not have folks charging to buy cars like in the last few months. Things are in fact slowing down and a recession is all but guaranteed. Obviously the people who are in the market are still gonna buy.
But it’s not like it has been.
My SA emailed me saying he hasn’t heard a thing and he’s constantly checking. Could it be lip service. Maybe.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I’m worried about rates now. I have a sweet rate on my bronco sport. But they just went up .25 and are going up 6 more times by EOY. That’s every 6 weeks. The idea is to slow down spending and encourage saving, after the govt printed cash to increase spending. So I need to get this baby financed before 5% loans lol. Can’t wait for waive 2.

On the plus side, we might be seeing the car market return to a semi normal state. Finance special offers, etc.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m worried about rates now. I have a sweet rate on my bronco sport. But they just went up .25 and are going up 6 more times by EOY. That’s every 6 weeks. The idea is to slow down spending and encourage saving, after the govt printed cash to increase spending. So I need to get this baby financed before 5% loans lol. Can’t wait for waive 2.

On the plus side, we might be seeing the car market return to a semi normal state. Finance special offers, etc.
if you have any military affiliation penfed is currently at 1.8 for new cars. Usaa is around 2.1%
If rates go over 3.5% by the time the car is delivered I will just put down 40-50% as opposed to the 10-20 I was planning on

if we show any recession signals or slowdown I don’t see car rates climbing past 3 until the fall. Just my opinion

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
My dealer called me back today after asking if my CVT was ordered yet or if I had to wait for round 2. I asked him lots of questions to clarify things I’ve read here. He said my CVT was ordered on Monday and in a couple of weeks I’ll be emailed my VIN. The car isn’t coming to them as a generic order that they customized for me. It’s coming in as MY preorder.

This is because he confirmed that they could not over order and could only order as many as they had reservations for. And those had to be exact as the res said.

As for other dealers ordering all manuals regardless of who reserved a CVT, he suggested that they might have forgone the preorder option which is why some dealers weren’t on the list and might have more control. Or that they’re somehow breaking the rules.

He also said around May is when it should arrive.

Last edited:

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's great that your dealer is keeping you in the loop. Mine emailed me yesterday saying he had no news but that I wouldn't be forgotten. I wonder when I would expect to be told the car was ordered.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I shared this on another thread, but I stumbled across this All Things Acura podcast this morning--the most interesting thing they brought up is a supposed breakdown of build priority from Acura. I didn't write down the specific percentages, but I believe I recall them being roughly 10% base model, 15% 6MT, 35% A-Spec CVT, and 40% A-Spec + Tech CVT. They also said to expect pre-orders to deliver in May, and dealerships will receive 6MT demo vehicles for ~6 months of display before they can be sold:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...EwjJtZqoqND2AhWtkYkEHZWwAdUQjrkEegQIAhAF&ep=6

While I question how accurate that build priority is, and assume some of my numbers are off, I don't think it would apply to pre-orders since base models aren't available. If true, it would mean a base Integra is cheap, but likely tough to come by!

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
They say only luxury level compact to offer a 6MT, but it’s also the only that offers a stupid CVT as it’s only automatic option. Literally the anti-enthusiast transmission.

Of course the pre-orders from enthusiasts are gonna be mostly 6mt…

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They say only luxury level compact to offer a 6MT, but it’s also the only that offers a stupid CVT as it’s only automatic option. Literally the anti-enthusiast transmission.

I'm a HUGE Acura/Honda enthusiast and while I would love to throw a MT around, having a commute and a family that might use the car, a CVT is my only option. Having a 22 Civic, the CVT actually isn't that bad. When I had my 22 Mercedes A220 with a DCT, you would feel the "kick" when it was switching gears. On my Porsche Macan, same thing, sometimes you would feel that jerk as well unless you are doing launch control.

Listening to the pod cast now, I am confident that increasing the HP, refining the ability to have dampers, I think this CVT will be pretty good for daily driving

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt

To be fair I don't think most people getting an entry level Luxury car are the type of "enthusiast" to care about what the auto transmission is, let alone what CVT/DSG/ect even mean. Buyers that are more likely to opt for the S, M, AMG or Type-S version are usually intended for Performance Enthusiasts which are more likely the ones to care about the type of automatic are included.

If i asked most Altima or Civic owners about their CVT I wouldn't be amazed if most asked what that was.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
That's great that your dealer is keeping you in the loop. Mine emailed me yesterday saying he had no news but that I wouldn't be forgotten. I wonder when I would expect to be told the car was ordered.
Well the order system is opened. I’d imagine soon if not already. Not sure what they’d be waiting on. He said this coming Monday they are supposed to get more info from Acura about the order.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT

Don’t get me wrong. I too was against them making it a CVT and giving it the DCT. Because my mustang is my manual car. I need my DD to be auto these days.

But tuning is critical. My current DD, a 22 bronco sport has similar hp and tq and is maybe a bit heavier than the integra will be. And in sport mode it’s quick and zippy.

However, in normal mode the tune sucks. Even though it’s an 8 speed normal auto, sometimes it won’t downshift. You could have the throttle half way down and the car barely accelerates.

The CVT if done right will have excellent throttle response and be ready to accelerate at any moment. I’m actually not that mad about it anymore.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
The CVT if done right will have excellent throttle response and be ready to accelerate at any moment. I’m actually not that mad about it anymore.
This is what's finally got me less mad about it having a CVT and waiting to see the reviews on driving. If they give it 2 modes and the 2nd mode is actually tuned more for peak engine power vs peak MPG it won't be bad. That's not to say i'm against just getting a manual for the first time either (watching Matt Farrah's video's its very similar to a motorcycle), but I'd prefer an auto as it's easier if anyone else needs to move it or drive it.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
This is what's finally got me less mad about it having a CVT and waiting to see the reviews on driving. If they give it 2 modes and the 2nd mode is actually tuned more for peak engine power vs peak MPG it won't be bad. That's not to say i'm against just getting a manual for the first time either (watching Matt Farrah's video's its very similar to a motorcycle), but I'd prefer an auto as it's easier if anyone else needs to move it or drive it.
I think they stated that the CVT is sport tuned rather then economy tuned. Also on the shifter area you have an S for the transmission response.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think they stated that the CVT is sport tuned rather then economy tuned. Also on the shifter area you have an S for the transmission response.
Bingo. Add the dampers and you’re getting quite the sporty ride