• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Red
Pretty sure I am going LCM/Red like my current A-Spec but I still keep looking at Apex as well.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
It's fun to read the speculation about production quantities on ITS.
I do this for a living (for cat food) so I want to speculate too!
First, I think the equation starts with capacity, not demand. While I have no idea if Marysville production is maxxed out, you can be sure it is limited, and all the products compete for that production capacity/time.
Second, we're still living with a hobbled supply chain. Whether it's chips or headlights or 2.0T engines, production planning will certainly revolve around component supplier availability.

At one level the answer may be to keep producing until you have enough inventory that is saleable. But in reality there is limited flexibility in production, extremely long component lead times, and forecasts in place, long before we see the car on a carrier.

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023, Toyota MR2 1987
if those rumored launch colors are true, you guys till going with a color thats not your first choice? Mine isn't on the list of the launch spec.
No I am only interested if it is blue with white interior :)

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
From what I hear, that's the Apex blue offering combination. But considering it's supposedly only 50 per color...

We're all gonna some luck.
Yes yes we are gonna need a heaping pile of luck!

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
My three preferred color combos are PRP/Ebony, LCM/Red, LCM/Ebony.

I have PRP on my TLX, and love it. You barely any see Acuras in PRP, and itā€™s such a great looking color. LCM also looks good, but itā€™s far more common. I also donā€™t know if so would want to go the conservative route with an Ebony interior, or go a bit bolder with Red (who knows how the Red synthetic leather will hold up over 6/8/10 years?)

Seac

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(Sold) 1986 MR2
My three preferred color combos are PRP/Ebony, LCM/Red, LCM/Ebony.

I have PRP on my TLX, and love it. You barely any see Acuras in PRP, and itā€™s such a great looking color. LCM also looks good, but itā€™s far more common. I also donā€™t know if so would want to go the conservative route with an Ebony interior, or go a bit bolder with Red (who knows how the Red synthetic leather will hold up over 6/8/10 years?)
The red concerns me on the interior a bit as well, so while some reservations may be locked to that interior color if it's something I want...I'll probably just go for it. Not going to wait on a dealer to try and keep their word on where I am in line just to get ebony.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
It's fun to read the speculation about production quantities on ITS.
I do this for a living (for cat food) so I want to speculate too!
First, I think the equation starts with capacity, not demand. While I have no idea if Marysville production is maxxed out, you can be sure it is limited, and all the products compete for that production capacity/time.
Second, we're still living with a hobbled supply chain. Whether it's chips or headlights or 2.0T engines, production planning will certainly revolve around component supplier availability.

At one level the answer may be to keep producing until you have enough inventory that is saleable. But in reality there is limited flexibility in production, extremely long component lead times, and forecasts in place, long before we see the car on a carrier.
This was a very well-thought-out speculation--my wife works in manufacturing as well (people food), so I get to hear a lot about capacity, supply chain, and forecasting. You hit the nail on the head.

Anyone thinking Acura would use a reservation tool circulated 1 month before the car's on-sale date to inform their production or distribution is dreaming--they've known what they're making and who's getting them for months now, and they probably have it planned well into next year.

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
This was a very well-thought-out speculation--my wife works in manufacturing as well (people food), so I get to hear a lot about capacity, supply chain, and forecasting. You hit the nail on the head.

Anyone thinking Acura would use a reservation tool circulated 1 month before the car's on-sale date to inform their production or distribution is dreaming--they've known what they're making and who's getting them for months now, and they probably have it planned well into next year.
In general I would agree, especially if this is a different/new model, a lot of things in manufacturing have very long lead time as you said. But from everything we have heard your only real option at reservation is exterior color if you think about it. The 3 interiors are the longer lead items and they just paint the exterior with one of the 7 exterior colors at assembly time with those interiors. All the colors are already available on the base Integra or the other Type-S. With all that said, I think it's not unreasonable that Acura could make the color combinations based on the reservation input.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Itā€™s definitely doable, considering the time it takes to build one and get it off the line. I ordered my truck last year and it was in my possession 34 days later with a custom upgraded color. Typically, the painted shells are ready to go all wired up for the most part minus the finishing touches that the higher trims receive. Perhaps not likely, but definitely possible - & would be cool if Acura did consider it.

The one thing they wonā€™t do is swap certain interior/exterior colors other than whatā€™s planned on each line to handle - that is most definitely already planned & thought out.

Or even cooler, just have all the color combo options ready so people donā€™t have to hardly wait at all for what they want. šŸ˜

Last edited:

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Car(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
Okay but is my Integra NFT worth anything lol????

Khyle785

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sooo this is what my dealer told me:
ā€œ
Hello Kyle,

I was just informed we are expected to open an order-list sometime in june. There will only be 50 models available for each color. The color options are Apex Blue/ Orchid, Tiger eye pearl/ black, Liquid Carbon/ Red, and Majestic black/ black.

I will keep you in mind for the Apex Blue/ Orchid model. I will reach out once more information is made available.

Thanks,

Joelā€

Heā€™s saying Juneā€¦ but really itā€™s May??

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
Sooo this is what my dealer told me:
ā€œ
Hello Kyle,

I was just informed we are expected to open an order-list sometime in june. There will only be 50 models available for each color. The color options are Apex Blue/ Orchid, Tiger eye pearl/ black, Liquid Carbon/ Red, and Majestic black/ black.

I will keep you in mind for the Apex Blue/ Orchid model. I will reach out once more information is made available.

Thanks,

Joelā€

Heā€™s saying Juneā€¦ but really itā€™s May??
I heard white from my dealer, not carbonā€¦.

Joe2105

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 MX-5 Miata, 22 Mazda3 Hatch 6MT
To add to this conversation, a dealer told me the May 11th vehicles were going to be a lottery system and only 200 extra cars for the market. The number matches what another individual said on the forums. I tend to think this is true as it's a way for Acura to get vehicles to the customer for MSRP and at the same time keep dealers happy since they have allocations too.

Status
Not open for further replies.