• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2025 Integra Type S?

STi from DSM

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 Audi S4 - Quantum Gray
I just put in an order last week for an Apex Blue ITS. I asked for an August delivery because I want to pay down my S4 a little bit more before trading it in. Who thinks I will be getting a 2025 model? Or do you think I will get a late model 2024? Maybe the 2025 will have Homelink? Lol.

Also wondering, do you think if I call the Acura plant in Marysville once my order has been put through that they would put a red interior in my Apex Blue vehicle? I was so bummed when I saw all I could get was white or black. The Red seats make it look extra nice and think it would contrast quite nice with the Blue paint.

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
01 civic
I just put in an order last week for an Apex Blue ITS. I asked for an August delivery because I want to pay down my S4 a little bit more before trading it in. Who thinks I will be getting a 2025 model? Or do you think I will get a late model 2024? Maybe the 2025 will have Homelink? Lol.

Also wondering, do you think if I call the Acura plant in Marysville once my order has been put through that they would put a red interior in my Apex Blue vehicle?
I was so bummed when I saw all I could get was white or black. The Red seats make it look extra nice and think it would contrast quite nice with the Blue paint.
lol this isnt ordering pizza. I mean, we all wish it was that easy.

OP
OP
STi from DSM

STi from DSM

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Really? When I ordered my 18' RS3 I specced out everything I wanted. That car needed allocations as well. I got the EXACT car I ordered. This kind of burst my bubble a bit. I was basing everything on my Audi experience though so I didn't ask the question I should have.

What the hell is the point of ordering a car then?

OP
OP
STi from DSM

STi from DSM

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
I spoke with my Salesman and he said I will be getting the exact vehicle that I put on the build sheet. Granted things in August of next year are certainly different than right now.

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2022 RDX A-Spec
I spoke with my Salesman and he said I will be getting the exact vehicle that I put on the build sheet. Granted things in August of next year are certainly different than right now.
You are pretty much being lied to. There is no official order process on the ITS. The dealer cant guarantee you a car in august of 2024, they don't even know if they will have allocation for one. Also who knows if the color combo you want is even in production for a 2025 model. There are no build sheets or even specs on the 2025. Who even knows they could drop the ITS for a 2025 model, not likely but just saying. They are pretty much just telling you what you want to hear. I would move away from that dealer because they are not being upfront to you about how the car is allocated from acura and not ordered. You need to be aware some dealerships may only get 3-4 allocations a year on the ITS. This is based on their sales numbers. All the other comments you got about the process in this post should really tip you off you are being played

OP
OP
STi from DSM

STi from DSM

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
I'm not saying it can't happen in a situation where demand far outweighs supply, but I still have a hard time believing that a dealership would have you put a deposit down and take all of your specs if they were not able to control that? I trust my salesman, he is a personal friend who I have known for many years. I have bought 4 vehicles from him.
Allocations now for that dealership are about 1 per month. I am number 8 on the list of folks. I get that the car can come anytime, it is not slated for a specific day or even that month. It was an estimate time of delivery based on the number of folks currently waiting for one. I'm not even saying they will make the ITS in 2025, I was guessing based on the delivery date "estimate" of August that it may be a 2025. I agree that they do not know what colors will be made for the model year that has not come out even yet, and who knows that color could be discontinued after a certain time and you are left with a choice... I have a hard time believing that the dealership has no say in what goes on the vehicles, they are the ones supplying these vehicles to the consumer.

Now once again, things for the first 200 units may have been different. I get for that it was based on whatever they received.

OP
OP
STi from DSM

STi from DSM

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Only time will tell. I will keep you guys posted and if I have to eat crow, I will do so.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Only time will tell. I will keep you guys posted and if I have to eat crow, I will do so.
To be clear; we're being flippant because your story is contrary to literally anything anyone else has heard.

I've bought cars from other marques where every single option is configurable too, but that just isn't the case with this car. They install ZERO options at the factory, and build them in batches. Like, one color and interior combo per month type shit. Any accessories available for this car are dealer-installed. To catch you up, Acura played this game where they let 200 people think they "pre-ordered" a car; that's as close as anyone has gotten to anything resembling an "allocation". Dealers get cars and sometimes they know they're coming, sometimes they don't. Several folks on this very board "pre-ordered" a car only to have it delivered months after other people walked in and bought one.

If all this is changing for 2025, it's the first anyone has heard of it. But chances are, you're not getting the correct information from your dealer.

Stranger things have happened.

heathenlive

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
Can't speak for all dealers, but mine took a deposit in May for black with black interior, then offered me 2 different colors that had come in on previous allocations that fell through. I turned them down and just had to wait for Acura to make this combo.

It was hard to get a straight answer from the factory, but it seems like they will take your color request and allocation order into account just no promises on when that color will be made and shipped for your specific dealership.

Tiger eye was specifically mentioned as more difficult to get.

Also, I don't think calling the factory will help. I ended up on a Honda help line that basically put all responsibility back on the dealership.

No red on the allocation probably means you won't have that as an interior. IMO, the black would look great with yours.

Blue/Red might be easier to get on the Type-R?

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I'm thinking details for 2025 ITS models are still a ways out. Again, this car launched just 4 months ago, deliveries weren't really happening until July.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
This is a wild topic. Lot of dreaming and misleading information. Your names on a list. That’s it, You with either get blue on white and blue on black. But hey call the factory, ask for Steve. He will know. 😜. Sales dudes will say anything bud.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Really? When I ordered my 18' RS3 I specced out everything I wanted. That car needed allocations as well. I got the EXACT car I ordered. This kind of burst my bubble a bit. I was basing everything on my Audi experience though so I didn't ask the question I should have.

What the hell is the point of ordering a car then?
Japanese manufacturers tend not to operate like German ones when it comes to how they build cars. Japanese companies have a very low number of options and they just produce different combinations of color, packages, etc based on what they expect people to buy and then allocate them to dealers. Dealers might be able to request a certain build but its not certain that they'll get them. There might be some exceptions to this (I think Subaru can do orders?), but other than that most Japanese brands don't do the custom ordered builds that German manufacturers to. That's part of why Japanese cars tend to be cheaper too because not doing custom builds adds a lot of efficiency.