• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I wanna see how LCM looks, especially against that big black rear diffuser. Just using my imagination at this point lol
100%. That’s my color as well my friend! It had BETTER be released prior to reservation time - otherwise it makes no sense!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Another sound clip at the 1:50

Not sure it sounds like $52k

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Also relevant: https://www.motortrend.com/news/2024-acura-integra-type-s-price-msrp/

TL;DR, folks at Motor Trend don't think it's too bad.

Also Matt Maran (who I don't really follow too much but I think Honda guys do...) seems to agree that the pricing should come as no surprise:

I think as the dust continues to settle many of you folks are going to come to your senses.

And unfortunately probably still try to buy one.

burburbur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 740i
Also relevant: https://www.motortrend.com/news/2024-acura-integra-type-s-price-msrp/

TL;DR, folks at Motor Trend don't think it's too bad.

Also Matt Maran (who I don't really follow too much but I think Honda guys do...) seems to agree that the pricing should come as no surprise:

I think as the dust continues to settle many of you folks are going to come to your senses.

And unfortunately probably still try to buy one.
Matt is one of those borderline cartubers that you can basically guarantee will support whatever narrative the OEM wants to push because if they don't they will (or think they will) get blacklisted by that OEM and it will kill their channel/income. So, him saying the pricing makes sense isn't a surprise.

I don't think there's any objective value-based argument that the CTR is worth 44k or the ITS is worth 52 (and certainly not the ADMs), but that's the free market. Sometimes prices are set based on emotion and artificial scarcity and not based on what the car is worth. I'm not upset the car is overpriced, but to me Acura/Honda are value brands first and foremost. If the value proposition is bad on their cars, there is literally no reason to buy one over a competitor. Honda/Acura aren't the only ones who have gone this direction (looking at GM and Ford too), but as financing dries up and repos and defaults skyrocket, I think these value-based OEMs that tried to price like a high-end brand are going to get caught out without a market.

Rennwagen

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
’18 Macan Turbo PP, ‘98 911 C2S, ‘66 Vette
Does anyone know any confirmation about passenger seat being non-powered and no usb chargers in the back for the ITS?
I have seen a lot of assuming/speculating but can’t figure it out for sure.
Car looks really cool and I want one, but coming from much higher price point (Macan Turbo) and need to be sure wife and child are happy and things aren’t too spartan for them. Seems really cheaping out not to have those things! Back seat heat too while we are on the subject.
Thanks for any input!!

burburbur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 740i
Does anyone know any confirmation about passenger seat being non-powered and no usb chargers in the back for the ITS?
Car looks really cool and I want one, but coming from much higher price point (Macan Turbo) and need to be sure wife and child are happy and things aren’t too spartan for them. Seems really cheaping out not to have those things! Back seat heat too while we are on the subject.
Thanks for any input!!
There is no rear vent, rear USB, or rear heated seats. The passenger seat is manual. Your family will be very disappointed coming from a Macan interior.

Here's a video showing the ITS interior. At 16:50 you can see the manual control for the passenger seat and the host (who was given access and info by Acura) says its manual. At 19:38 you can see there are no ports and no vents in the rear seat. None of the CIvic/Integra versions have rear heated seats and at 19:16 you can see there's no control for it anywhere on the door.

This is very much a Civic with a leather package. You're likely to be disappointed in materials, features, and quality of the interior when comparing it to a 100k Porsche.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Matt is one of those borderline cartubers that you can basically guarantee will support whatever narrative the OEM wants to push because if they don't they will (or think they will) get blacklisted by that OEM and it will kill their channel/income. So, him saying the pricing makes sense isn't a surprise.

I don't think there's any objective value-based argument that the CTR is worth 44k or the ITS is worth 52 (and certainly not the ADMs), but that's the free market. Sometimes prices are set based on emotion and artificial scarcity and not based on what the car is worth. I'm not upset the car is overpriced, but to me Acura/Honda are value brands first and foremost. If the value proposition is bad on their cars, there is literally no reason to buy one over a competitor. Honda/Acura aren't the only ones who have gone this direction (looking at GM and Ford too), but as financing dries up and repos and defaults skyrocket, I think these value-based OEMs that tried to price like a high-end brand are going to get caught out without a market.
I'll take your word on Matt Maran, that was my first video I've watched from him and I more or less agree. There's some opinion in there but it's kind of half a take... but I think all "cartubers" (I kind of like that term) are more or less like this, and you can't really say he's wrong... every time I get back to the very basic difference between the Si and "base" Integra it's just staring you in the face. Expectations should never been any less than the precedent that had already been set. Point blank period.

It's still just crazy to me to see such a fervent response from someone who appears to be intelligent and have a solid grip on the market... I still just strongly disagree with you on the value proposition of this car at its price point.

Thanks for any input!!
That's not a fair assessment. You are 99% likely to be disappointed coming from even a base Macan for the "family hauler" use case. The Turbo is another class of car that has barely any functional overlap from a driving dynamics perspective. Also it should be clear that it's MSRP is also easily twice as much.

I wouldn't try to force my wife into an ITS from her 95B.3 Macan GTS, put it that way. She would literally divorce me.

Not the same use case, look at an Audi or maybe the TLX if you're trying to shave down cost and still have a fun, luxury-oriented car at a discount. The lack of features that don't really matter to the driver should probably keep people away that would use it for ferrying people around a lot.

Rennwagen

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
’18 Macan Turbo PP, ‘98 911 C2S, ‘66 Vette
Thanks for input. Yeah it’s a 5-door luxury family hauler with stick shift use case I’m looking for…doesn’t really exist on the market. I wish Porsche made Macan with a stick. If TLX had stick, 100 more hp and better infotainment (touchscreen) that would be worth considering.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
This is very much a Civic with a leather package. You're likely to be disappointed in materials, features, and quality of the interior when comparing it to a 100k Porsche.
No memory driver seat either.

Hell, I was disappointed in the quality of the interior coming from a ~$50k TLX. I couldn’t imagine coming to the ITS from a Porsche and being OK with the interior unless you only planned to track the car (in which case, buy a CTR).

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
im curious to what the invoice is, I have a feeling markup is baked in to this. No flipping way this cost much to make as a TLX Type S.

burburbur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 740i
I'll take your word on Matt Maran, that was my first video I've watched from him and I more or less agree. There's some opinion in there but it's kind of half a take... but I think all "cartubers" (I kind of like that term) are more or less like this, and you can't really say he's wrong... every time I get back to the very basic difference between the Si and "base" Integra it's just staring you in the face. Expectations should never been any less than the precedent that had already been set. Point blank period.

It's still just crazy to me to see such a fervent response from someone who appears to be intelligent and have a solid grip on the market... I still just strongly disagree with you on the value proposition of this car at its price point.
I just don't see any value proposition for the ITS at 52k. Its pitch to the market is its in a segment of one. There are no other 300+ HP cars with the back seat and cargo room that also have a stick. If you need that combination, its this or a CTR. I think most people are not that rigid in what car they want though and as others have pointed out on this board here and in other threads, you can get a lot more car for 52k elsewhere if you can compromise on space/stick.

I know you can compare it to the Si vs A-Spec or Si vs. CTR prices and the 52k makes sense, but everyone pretty much agreed that the CTR was overpriced from a value standpoint and that the A-Spec was overpriced compared to the Si from a value standpoint. The Si/A-Spec thing is particularly galling because Honda literally removed features from the US version of the Si so they could put them in the A-Spec.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
I wouldn’t have any issues with the ITS’s $52K price whatsoever, if it included all the features and amenities of the Integra A-Spec Tech pkg and its available accessories.

I still believe I’ll be able to add a heated steering wheel one way or another, so the ITS remains at the top of my list.

Mike

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I just don't see any value proposition for the ITS at 52k.

The Si/A-Spec thing is particularly galling because Honda literally removed features from the US version of the Si so they could put them in the A-Spec.
I’m with you on the value proposition not being there. Sitting in an A-Spec Tech and looking at the materials/build quality/features, I couldn’t imagine spending $15k more and getting the same interior. For a daily driver, it lacks features that I would expect to be present at the $50k+ price point.

No only did Honda de-content the Si here (it’s much better equipped in Canada), but now they’re removing features from the ITS that is present on the $15k cheaper A-Spec Tech.

burburbur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 740i
I wouldn’t have any issues with the ITS’s $52K price whatsoever, if it included all the features and amenities of the Integra A-Spec Tech pkg and its available accessories.

I still believe I’ll be able to add a heated steering wheel one way or another, so the ITS remains at the top of my list.

Mike
You can install a heated steering wheel in a base Integra, so I'd imagine it will work in the ITS unless they've used the relay spot for it in the fuse panel. But, its a pretty involved job that requires removing two airbags and rerouting some wiring. You'll also have to do some surgery to pop the A-Spec sticker off the heated wheel and replace it with the Type-S sticker so people don't think you're a pleb.