• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I don’t think the a spec has a high 30k interior either. Visually civic
I wouldn’t have any issues with the ITS’s $52K price whatsoever, if it included all the features and amenities of the Integra A-Spec Tech pkg and its available accessories.

I still believe I’ll be able to add a heated steering wheel one way or another, so the ITS remains at the top of my list.

Mike
52k should have been came with Sh-awd

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I don’t think the a spec has a high 30k interior either. Visually civic
Agreed on the interior of the Integra at its price point.

That was my personal takeaway after sitting in an A-Spec Tech two weeks ago, which started to cast some doubt in my mind about switching from my TLX to an ITS. Then when the price was announced, it sealed the deal.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
You can install a heated steering wheel in a base Integra, so I'd imagine it will work in the ITS unless they've used the relay spot for it in the fuse panel. But, its a pretty involved job that requires removing two airbags and rerouting some wiring. You'll also have to do some surgery to pop the A-Spec sticker off the heated wheel and replace it with the Type-S sticker so people don't think you're a pleb.
I’m hoping it’s not an overly complicated process, but it’ll be worth the effort for me. I have no plans to remove the Type-S badge/sticker from the original steering wheel is available. I’ll roll with whatever heated steering wheel. If folks want to hate, let them hate. ;)

Mike

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I’m hoping it’s not an overly complicated process, but it’ll be worth the effort for me. I have no plans to remove the Type-S badge/sticker from the original steering wheel is available. I’ll roll with whatever heated steering wheel. If folks want to hate, let them hate. ;)

Mike
If it’s anything like the heated wheel installation in my TLX, you’ll swap the chrome trim piece with the badging at the bottom over to the new wheel, along with the wheel trim and buttons (this is a great time to buy the matte black trim piece from the Civic to replace the gloss black piece on the Integra).

The deciding factor will be if that wiring harness they use has the open plug that you tie in to the new clock spring or not. If so, you likely can install it like a normal Integra install. But if the harness they use doesn’t have that open plug, I’m not sure if you’ll get the heated wheel to work or not.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
^^^^^
I'm pretty sure I read that the Canadian Spec ITS has a heated steering wheel. I’m confident I’ll figure something out.

Mike

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Agreed on the interior of the Integra at its price point.

That was my personal takeaway after sitting in an A-Spec Tech two weeks ago, which started to cast some doubt in my mind about switching from my TLX to an ITS. Then when the price was announced, it sealed the deal.
At mid-30k the A-spec is pretty solid. I think the red especially is really nice, but the red interior on the Type S looks a little cheaper with the perforations and also the little red l-shaped piece in the passenger footwell. But yeah at 52k it's meh, especially because you lose some features.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
^^^^^
I'm pretty sure I read that the Canadian Spec ITS has a heated steering wheel. I’m confident I’ll figure something out.

Mike
It will probably be a $500 add on here in the states just like it is on the A spec tech. At least I hope so.

burburbur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 740i

Mike
Its more involved than simply changing the wheel over, but you can get an idea with this guide for installing the heated wheel on the base Integra:

http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/BII19600-28.PDF

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
Tell me about it, I'm in Arlington.
DC is the epicenter of the massive government spending. Housing will never go down there as long as the money printers are functioning.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just don't see any value proposition for the ITS at 52k. Its pitch to the market is its in a segment of one. There are no other 300+ HP cars with the back seat and cargo room that also have a stick. If you need that combination, its this or a CTR. I think most people are not that rigid in what car they want though and as others have pointed out on this board here and in other threads, you can get a lot more car for 52k elsewhere if you can compromise on space/stick.

I know you can compare it to the Si vs A-Spec or Si vs. CTR prices and the 52k makes sense, but everyone pretty much agreed that the CTR was overpriced from a value standpoint and that the A-Spec was overpriced compared to the Si from a value standpoint. The Si/A-Spec thing is particularly galling because Honda literally removed features from the US version of the Si so they could put them in the A-Spec.
People talking overpriced are probably still stuck in pre 2020 mindset.

I was looking for a cheap used manual car for my son. A 2012 Honda Fit 5mT with 100k miles goes for $14k, which is probably less than it cost new 13 years ago.

$5 trillion in stimulus has completely morphed the car market and it's not likely to go back.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
People talking overpriced are probably still stuck in pre 2020 mindset.

$5 trillion in stimulus has completely morphed the car market and it's not likely to go back.
Were you also buying $10 2x4’s back in 2021 because “that’s just the way it is now I guess”?

I can’t justify spending $55k OTD for a FWD 4 cylinder with the interior out of a $25k Civic.

I also think it’ll be interesting what happens with interest rates, and how that affects the car market. Interest rates are back where they were before the Great Recession, and Acura’s financing incentives don’t extend to Type-S models.

If we assume someone puts 20% down, financing the balance at 5.9% for 60 months, the payment is $849/mo. For 5 years.

That’s crazy town.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Were you also buying $10 2x4’s back in 2021 because “that’s just the way it is now I guess”?

I can’t justify spending $55k OTD for a FWD 4 cylinder with the interior out of a $25k Civic.

I also think it’ll be interesting what happens with interest rates, and how that affects the car market. Interest rates are back where they were before the Great Recession, and Acura’s financing incentives don’t extend to Type-S models.

If we assume someone puts 20% down, financing the balance at 5.9% for 60 months, the payment is $849/mo. For 5 years.

That’s crazy town.
noone buys at 60months anymore 84months Muriccaaaa!

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT

That’s crazy town.
100% with you on the possible impact of the interest rate. On the other hand, from what I see on the forums, looks like the rich are now interested in the FL5 and ITS which was not the case back in the days. This have a negative effect on the « normal » honda customers who looks for value. These people pays huge ADM on Civic and puts those cars out of the reach of the core Honda enthusiasts. Thats my 2 cents.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
100% with you on the possible impact of the interest rate. On the other hand, from what I see on the forums, looks like the rich are now interested in the FL5 and ITS which was not the case back in the days. This have a negative effect on the « normal » honda customers who looks for value. These people pays huge ADM on Civic and puts those cars out of the reach of the core Honda enthusiasts. Thats my 2 cents.
I wouldn’t consider myself “rich” like some Porsche owners here, but I would’ve been a cash buyer for the ITS (current car is fully paid off and would’ve been traded in, and I would’ve written a check for the balance). Even removing interest rates from the equation, for what I am looking for in a car, I didn’t see the value in the ITS and how the finances would’ve shaken out for me (I would’ve been looking at $18-19k out of pocket to make the switch).

A 2020 FK8 had an as-delivered price of $38k. As-delivered pricing on a 2023 FL5 is $44k (+15.7% over the FK8), and a DE5 is $52k (+36.8% over the FK8). The price at which the enthusiast Honda’s has risen is crazy to me.

If all goes according to the financial plan, maybe in a couple year’s I’ll just pick up a used FK8 as a toy. Or maybe a 718 with the 2.5T. Who knows. But in the meantime, I’ll keep driving my 2021 TLX, and look forward to hearing inout from those that do end up getting a DE5.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

That’s crazy town.
Higher interest rates would certainly bring the car market back to normal if allowed to stay at these levels for another year. But in 3-6 months or sooner the Fed will be cutting rates again, and if we have a recession, which is about 110% likely, Washington will be handing out cash again, putting moratoriums on all the young people's expenses etc.

So I don't think the car market will have time to return to normal - so get used to high prices.