• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
$7500 for the Performance model. Competes directly with Acura’s entry-level luxury lineup.

IMG_6674.jpeg
Interesting. I park on the street so no charging at home. Just don't think I'm ready to find a charging station and wait 45mins+ to charge it up.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
this is the first car i've seen, where people that have preordered are cancelling in droves because of the price. WTF were they thinking.
Last-ditch attempt to lock in profits before sales collapse. Aside from the several thousand Integras per quarter, Acura passenger cars aren’t selling. It’ll be interesting to see the next several quarters. Not looking good. Same goes for Honda and, to a lesser degree, Toyota. And Mazda is pretty desperate as well.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Just received from Acura dealer in GA.....

Tony,

Integra Type S Pre-Sale Begins May 11th

The highly anticipated Integra Type S will be launched during a Pre-sale on Thursday, May 11th at 1:00 PM EST on Acura.com. As in the past, Interested clients will be able to place a deposit and pick their choice of Dealer online via the pre-sale tool. We are going to offer 50 units each, in 4 colors (Total 200 pre-sell cars) - Apex Blue/Orchid, Tiger Eye/Ebony, Liquid Carbon/Red and Black/Ebony. The required amount for the deposit will be $2,000. They are expecting the vehicles to sell out in 30 minutes!

Thanks,

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Tony,

The highly anticipated Integra Type S will be launched during a Pre-sale on Thursday, May 11th at 1:00 PM EST on Acura.com. As in the past, Interested clients will be able to place a deposit and pick their choice of Dealer online via the pre-sale tool. We are going to offer 50 units each, in 4 colors (Total 200 pre-sell cars) - Apex Blue/Orchid, Tiger Eye/Ebony, Liquid Carbon/Red and Black/Ebony. The required amount for the deposit will be $2,000. They are expecting the vehicles to sell out in 30 minutes!

Thanks,
Hey after the deposit it will cost under 50k🤪

Last edited:

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

Tony,

Thanks,
LOL Maybe in 30 days. Don’t believe the hype.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
this is the first car i've seen, where people that have preordered are cancelling in droves because of the price. WTF were they thinking.
Droves? Really? Small sample set here. We get 100% of the reservations in your household were cancelled. 😂

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Droves? Really? Small sample set here. We get 100% of the reservations in your household were cancelled. 😂
I've been buying cars for 20 years, I've honestly never seen a preorders get cancelled. There is min 5 now here, not including reddit Take that for what you will but 50k tarted up civic is a hard sell, especially in this economy.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Does that mean you'll stop posting here now?

Maybe I really have lost perspective. $2000 is really that big a deal on a purchase like this?

The paint on my car was a $2600 option. I guess my privilege is showing...

Or people's entitlement is showing.

burburbur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 740i

Maybe I really have lost perspective. $2000 is really that big a deal on a purchase like this?

I think the issue is two things, one this is the same (arguably worse in some ways) car as the CTR that costs significantly less and two, once you break that 50k soft ceiling you're playing in a different tier of car which will outperform and outluxury the ITS. In other words, the value proposition on this car is bad. Acura is a value-based luxury brand so its not surprising fans of the brand would be upset by a lack of value from the brand.

And yes, your entitlement is showing that you're comparing paint options on a sports car that costs over 100k to people buying a car that costs less than half of it. A more equivalent comparison would be 12k paint to sample options on Porsches. If you had to buy paint to sample on your GTS you'd probably be pretty miffed too.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD

A lot of people were expecting ~$48k.

$52k is $4k more than what people were expecting, more than 8% of the total price people were expecting.

Also, where is there $8k in value over the CTR? The seats are heated, but not as nice, and not real leather. You get a HUD with limited functionality, and you get a nice stereo system. That's it. You could maybe justify that as being $4k of value. Maybe. But $8k? No way.