• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
So I've noticed information on the Type-S has been coming out pretty consistently every 3 weeks on Thursday, and tomorrow is 3 weeks from the reservation roll-out... so what comes tomorrow, if anything? Demo vehicles start shipping out? Dealerships get information on their allocations? Information on YouTube reviewers and their embargo date? Anyone have a hunch they want to float?

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
no I didn’t get a order number didn’t bother asking lol was just happy enough to get confirmation from my sales rep
Same for me. Since they couldn't tell me what the # actually meant, I didn't really care to be honest. I can ask next time I reach out. I am really not all that much in a rush, I would be perfectly happy if they gave me a delivery date late in the year, I just want one confirmed. I tried for the CTR last gen and gave up after dealing with never ending greedy dealers. If I could walk in and get a CTR at MSRP, I would probably do it, but that's not remotely an option in my area. I prefer the looks and extra warranty of the ITS, but will miss those buckets... Also, Wife much prefers no rear wing :)

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
So connected with another dealer and have updates..
Dealer is receiving a white/red
They have a Vin but it hasn't left Ohio yet
DE5 designation which we knew but the motor is a K20C8

mattaleo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Civic Si
What's the difference between the k20c8 and the k20c1?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

raisedhaze

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DA1 Integra, Civic SI, S30, Duramax
What's the difference between the k20c8 and the k20c1?
I wonder if they actually changed engine internals to handle the extra 5 HP? K20C1 rods were kind of a weak point, right? I would be thrilled if the k20c8 was upgraded, but I have serious doubts.

mattaleo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Civic Si
I wonder if they actually changed engine internals to handle the extra 5 HP? K20C1 rods were kind of a weak point, right? I would be thrilled if the k20c8 was upgraded, but I have serious doubts.
Hmppf.. I have no clue. Looking forward to knowing though. 5hp would have minimal effect on the rods, if any at all. Honda keeps thier engines tuned on the low end for longevity and long term punishment... I'd say they are extremely cautious. If pushing 50 hp/torque/ a little extra boost above regular spec with a tune, these 2.0 L won't bat an eye.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just spoke to my dealer and corporate, at least their story lined up. Supposedly they will be notifying dealers late next week on final allocations and which orders were successfully processed. What I don't understand is why some dealers have this information already and others do not and of course corporate wouldn't disclose it. Two of my local dealers know their allocations, one has for over a month. But just like the CTR, neither are willing to discuss deposits or waitlists.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I just spoke to my dealer and corporate, at least their story lined up. Supposedly they will be notifying dealers late next week on final allocations and which orders were successfully processed. What I don't understand is why some dealers have this information already and others do not and of course corporate wouldn't disclose it. Two of my local dealers know their allocations, one has for over a month. But just like the CTR, neither are willing to discuss deposits or waitlists.
This is the same exact thing I am experiencing with the two dealers in my area - a friend of mine has a successful reservation at one of the dealers, and we are both waiting on the other.

It is very reassuring to hear you say late next week however because at least it gives SOME closure. Thank you very much.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is the same exact thing I am experiencing with the two dealers in my area - a friend of mine has a successful reservation at one of the dealers, and we are both waiting on the other.

It is very reassuring to hear you say late next week however because at least it gives SOME closure. Thank you very much.
Honestly it's a moot point for me, I am NOT paying markup so I don't have any interest in getting on a waitlist to overpay (no offense to those who find it worth it.) My feeling is my dealer is trying to twist Acura's arm to get me an additional allocation, so they don't have to lose out on the ADM, but fingers crossed I actually slide into one of the initial 200.

As for closure, that's honestly what I need. I have a downpipe and tune sitting in my garage and I just want Acura to get me a straight answer so I can go back to modding my car, or start putting it back to stock!

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Honestly it's a moot point for me, I am NOT paying markup so I don't have any interest in getting on a waitlist to overpay (no offense to those who find it worth it.) My feeling is my dealer is trying to twist Acura's arm to get me an additional allocation, so they don't have to lose out on the ADM, but fingers crossed I actually slide into one of the initial 200.

As for closure, that's honestly what I need. I have a downpipe and tune sitting in my garage and I just want Acura to get me a straight answer so I can go back to modding my car, or start putting it back to stock!
Sort of similar situation - I've sold all of my nice truck accessories & Vossen wheels & waiting to trade in immediately before the truck depreciates even more. A bit of a special case since there's already over 56k at barely over a year old.

I told myself to stop buying other things related to the car until it gets here. This SCCA membership is burning a hole in my pocket though 😄

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP Teg Type S '87 & '88 CRX Si, '96 Civic EX

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Eh, bring the Trans Am out to a SoloII. ;-)
Hahaha I would maybe, but it's gone. I was about to install subframe connectors and a few other things but there would've been too much work and not enough time to get it where I wanted it to be. Plus I'd have to source a manual transmission so I figure I'll just start fresh with this car instead! 😁

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just did an Auto-X last weekend. After racing my S2000 for years, the S3 is a big adjustment. Easier, but nowhere near as fun. Haven't raced a full FWD car since my turbo 95 GSR. Open diff, it was fun for track days, not so much auto-x.