• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
There’s nothing on that list that’ll make me take the A-Spec over a Canadian-spec Si. Maybe the lumbar support, that’s it. The Canadian Si is a bargain compare to the USDM Si and base Teg.
They have a challenge on their hands wrt making the Integra a compelling purchase with the loaded Si here.

They’ll probably rely on filling the gap they intentionally left with no base manual Integra and no Si hatch. I’d much prefer they do it with feature value like the Si does. Sure it doesn’t do much for the spec-whores but most reviewers rave about how much fun they are to drive and how fair the price is and practical they are... tough to beat daily for those that like to drive.

There must be a term for when companies leave intentional gaps to manipulate you up their product line, psychological-upsell I’ll call it. Apple’s great at it but once in a while they do a product that’s compelling because of a killer feature at a fair price, like M1 in the iPad Air 5. I’ll get a manual A Spec if the ITS is overpriced but only because I’ll have to for the 6M but I won’t feel I got a good value… just the lesser of all evils.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
It’s definitely a tougher choice. In the US it’s much more cut and dry. The Si was kinda stripped down to give further separation to the incoming integra.

We speculated on here what would happen to the Canada spec integra since the Si there was already loaded. Many thought it would be much better than the US integra like the Si is. But now since they’ve kept it mostly the same, it’s almost the same car as the Si in Canada.

I guess it’ll come down to which you think looks better. But if that answer is the integra, you unfortunately don’t get a great value.

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
Yea Canadian Si makes it tough. I know enthusiasts hate the CVT, but being an auto-only driver makes the choice a little easier. Going from ST hatch to Integra is much easier to rationalize

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Yea Canadian Si makes it tough. I know enthusiasts hate the CVT, but being an auto-only driver makes the choice a little easier. Going from ST hatch to Integra is much easier to rationalize
Agreed. I love both 6 speed manual and CVT but I choose the CVT because I’m constantly in traffic.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
We speculated on here what would happen to the Canada spec integra since the Si there was already loaded. Many thought it would be much better than the US integra like the Si is. But now since they’ve kept it mostly the same, it’s almost the same car as the Si in Canada.

I guess it’ll come down to which you think looks better. But if that answer is the integra, you unfortunately don’t get a great value.
It all comes down to pricing. An extra 2-3k over the Si for the Integra is fair. If it’s another 5k for A Spec Elite that’s not a great value compared to the Si.

I’m very curious to see how they play it. They can gouge or they can give customers a fair price and build some brand loyalty.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Si (sold) 2020 Type R (sold) 1994 Honda Acty
Yeah, just about everyone getting the Si does because they like to drive, want a manual. Getting into a manual Teg would be roughly 6-8K more, that's a huge jump and most likely taking it out of the running for a lot of people.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Saturn Astra
It all comes down to pricing. An extra 2-3k over the Si for the Integra is fair. If it’s another 5k for A Spec Elite that’s not a great value compared to the Si.

I’m very curious to see how they play it. They can gouge or they can give customers a fair price and build some brand loyalty.
The problem in Canada is that the Civic Hatch is already $3k over a similarly equipped Civic sedan. So that $3k hatch premium is on top of the Acura premium plus any additional features. Honda/Acura Canada dug a hole too deep for any reasonable price comparison with the SI.

I also want a good sound system and it looks like the A-Spec (non-Elite/non-Tech) still has the Base Civic sound system which is not good, while the SI has the much better Bose system based on the audio reviews I have seen. Jumping then to Elite in Canada for the ELS system then makes it a $10k after tax difference to the SI. That just doesn’t make any sense.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Yeah, just about everyone getting the Si does because they like to drive, want a manual. Getting into a manual Teg would be roughly 6-8K more, that's a huge jump and most likely taking it out of the running for a lot of people.
The tech is supposed to be 35k and the manual is a no cost option. So based on sticker that is right at 6k more. BUT that’s all dealer dependent. In my area Acura sells only at sticker. Honda has 5k markups. So for me the tech 6M and Si would be basically the same price.

kwk1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 Civic LX Sedan CVT white

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Where is the rear camera? Am I just blind or does the emblem flip or something?

KhasnFX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 Civic Si, '23 Integra
shift_knobs.jpg

Shift knob design looks similar to the 8th gen Civic Si. I love the size and shape of that one, happy to have something similar in a new car. No physical handbrake though!

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
But damn, the car in their photos looks so good!
Hell ya. TLX probably looks better as a coupe. I was always a fan of the Accord coupe but that TLX looks so much better.