• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Greyscale

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Accord, 2007 Accord, 1995 Miata
I went to reserve one, but don't want a black exterior and don't want a red or white interior, so no go for a stick shift model. I guess I'll wait.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Saturn Astra
Well, the "audio engineers" that rip them out would disagree with you. Normally because the center speakers are the most dirt cheap speakers in the system and have no space in their placement to replace with a much better higher end speaker. Making it much better to just remove it. Its usually just there to say its there.

In a well built properly don't system you are correct, but I have never seen ANY system in a car actually utilize a GOOD center speaker that's not crammed in a space that barely fits it and leave no real room to upgrade it.

BOSE, B&O, HK, never heard a good one in a vehicle.
Center speakers are great for movies but not needed for properly design audio systems. The problem is that most 8 speakers systems have the midrange/bass stuck at the bottom of the door and you need the center speaker to bring up the sound in front of you. Mazda is the only mainstream brand that I know where they separate the mid-range/mid-bass up front and then also have a separate tweeter (3-way system). This allowed them to place the smaller midrange higher up on the door near the tweeter and the mid-bass down by your feet. This provided for great imaging without a center speaker and the negative effect of that add-on speaker. Mazda has this in their base Mazda3 and CX-30 so good audio can be done cheap, if designed right from the beginning.

Last edited:

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Car(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
On one hand it looks a lot nicer than the Civic, but on the other I think it looks a little too similar to the Civic, the interior especially is a lot nicer. It still has that hexagon style vent system but it doesn't go the whole length of the dash which is really nice

KIKUTWO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Carless
I thought the Nuclear Chicken age of Acura was fugly but the new styling is somehow even worse.
Homie leaning back against the car is pondering how he leased such an ugly car.

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Car(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
Also the center console area of the CVT model is actually 100% different from the Civic's.
Interesting choice, considering the 6MT model's cupholder and center console's straight out of a 6MT Civic.
I honestly thought they'd just use the same layout as the base Civic.

Again, set your expectations low, you won't be disappointed lol
I think it should have been vastly different from the Civic but to each their own. It's definitely better than the Civic in some areas, the vents for one being a major difference and the Integra looks much better

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan (FA5)
I actually like it. These production photos read much better than the prototype.

Unfortunately, pre-ordering doesn't allow for the color options I'd prefer. I'm not a big fan of red interior, but does look good with white exterior. I know I don't want white interior. I also know I don't want black exterior to get the black interior to perform a pre-order. This will leave me some time to decide I suppose.

This is exactly what I am seeking, even though I am opting for CVT this time around. The Mrs. can drive 6MT if she really needed to, but I'd rather not have her need to deal with it in the event she needed the use of the vehicle in emergency situations. (I still have my original owner 2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan for 6MT duty) Plus, at my stage in life, I am looking for a nice cruiser, well equipped, compact size and a modest price, but with a little extra edge over a base model Civic. I still lean toward the Civic Hatch ST as far as body style, but the release photos do read much better, as I noted above. This will NEED to be paired with dealer installed heated steering wheel option, I think I read that from someone above, hope it's confirmed. Just more money grab though. I am not a cold weather person, and I'm unfortunately not retired yet to move south. Haha!

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
I thought the Nuclear Chicken age of Acura was fugly but the new styling is somehow even worse.
Homie leaning back against the car is pondering how he leased such an ugly car.
I really like the look and it looks even better in different colors than the initial reveal

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
I think it should have been vastly different from the Civic but to each their own. It's definitely better than the Civic in some areas, the vents for one being a major difference and the Integra looks much better
I agree.
They actually switched out enough parts to do that. They just chose not to.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Assuming the top trim is 35k. I think the winner is the base model it’s exactly what people want which is hatchback Si. It’s just the manual people who have to pay more, which sucks but hey at least you have the option.

springconvert

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 Honda Element EX AWD
Well, there’s a lot I like about the new Integra, but I’m definitely going to have to see one in person before committing to it. I do wish a heated steering wheel and ventilated seats would be included in the tech package though, even with additional cost.

I can’t drive a stick, so I’d be looking at the CVT, and I’m not sure how I feel about that. Maybe I’ll go to the Honda dealership and hope they have a civic hatch to test out, and an accord 2.0 as a point of comparison.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatch CVT, 2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6M (traded for '20)
Well now we know why they removed the 1.5 from the 2 lower trim Civic hatches.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
Assuming the top trim is 35k. I think the winner is the base model it’s exactly what people want which is hatchback Si. It’s just the manual people who have to pay more, which sucks but hey at least you have the option.
Agreed. Base is great for those who were looking at the Civic ST and wanted a different exterior with the same hatchback functionality + 20HP. I'm sure this car will sell well.

Unfortunately, the CVT is a non-starter for me and I can't justify spending 35-36k for the same 200HP as the 28k Si. Looks like Acura is pushing enthusiasts for the Type S? I just hope the performance is well worth the price.