• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
What is wrong with MotorTrend these days? They continue this irresponsible journalism. It’s no wonder some have disillusions of what the integra was and therefore should be. No wonder people still talk about a type r version even though Acura and Honda have clearly drawn a line for the type r.

It’s embarrassing in a world where there are dozens of YouTube reviewers that provide considerably higher quality content.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/2023-acura-integra-honda-civic-type-r-render/
They use “Integra Type R” a couple times in the article ya but the intent here is to wonder out loud about a CTR-inspired Integra.

It’s what many folks are wondering… ie what is the Type S going to be? Most are interested in powertrain but cosmetics will be interesting too.

They get a pass this time for their use of Integra Type R.

urbanglowcam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000
What is wrong with MotorTrend these days? They continue this irresponsible journalism. It’s no wonder some have disillusions of what the integra was and therefore should be. No wonder people still talk about a type r version even though Acura and Honda have clearly drawn a line for the type r.

It’s embarrassing in a world where there are dozens of YouTube reviewers that provide considerably higher quality content.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/2023-acura-integra-honda-civic-type-r-render/
I agree... but is it bad that I kinda like it? ?

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
It’s not terrible. Except that they left the ASpec badges on it ?‍♂ .
Motortrend must hire crap designers because their designs almost always have flaws in them. I noticed the A-Spec badge as well... guess they figured it was blurry enough it was standing in for the Type R badge. They also "designed" it in such a way that the spoiler would keep the rear hatch from opening because the mounting points for it look to be on the rear quarter panels and not actually on the decklid of the hatch where they would need to be.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
He said the review is coming “very soon”

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
He said the review is coming “very soon”
Oh good, so before we get any meaningful driving impressions, we'll first learn how many Ding Dongs fit in the armrest, and the best method to stuff an unwrapped footlong meatball sub into each door compartment.

But don't get me wrong, y'all, I'm so excited to see a real review that I won't be too picky with who it comes from.

anferre

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Acura TLX, 2021 Honda Passport
Oh good, so before we get any meaningful driving impressions, we'll first learn how many Ding Dongs fit in the armrest, and the best method to stuff an unwrapped footlong meatball sub into each door compartment.

But don't get me wrong, y'all, I'm so excited to see a real review that I won't be too picky with who it comes from.
Lol I hear ya. I really only care about reviews from Alex On Autos. None of the fluff and a real focus on what we as drivers care about.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Maybe considering the GR Corolla based on the specs just released.
I read an article that said the estimated starting price might be around $30,000, then watched a couple videos on the Circuit Edition and found myself going, "THIS IS ONLY GOING TO BE $30,000!? Please, come take my money." Alas, both videos had guesstimates for MSRP on the Circuit Edition at $40,000-$43,000+ before markups and options, which sounds about right. Can't wait to see how it stacks up against the incoming and outgoing Civic Type R, nice work Toyota.

I'd love to see what's offered in the base model Corolla GR--I wouldn't be surprised if it had Civic Si amenities with improved performance (less than the Circuit Edition, but better than the Si), but at a price that's similar to the Integra A-Spec + Tech.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Si (sold) 2020 Type R (sold) 1994 Honda Acty
I'd go Circuit Edition if I could snag MSRP.

I'm patiently waiting on Type R and S specs.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I'd go Circuit Edition if I could snag MSRP.

I'm patiently waiting on Type R and S specs.

Agreed--it's Circuit Edition or nothing with this Corolla. I'd expect limited production, and that MSRP is going to be hard to come by.

That said, the Civic Type R should be competitive in performance and price, and maybe easier to come by at/around MSRP. I haven't partaken in the Integra Type S debates, but believe one will undoubtedly come by early next year... but in my opinion, It's going to cost $46,000-$52,000. I think people are crazy if they think an Integra Type S will compete with the Civic Type R in both price and performance. If the Honda/Acura current pricing model is used as a point of reference, and the Integra = Civic and TLX = Accord, Honda prices the Civic Type R 5%-10% above the top trim Accord without any concern that one will eat into the sales of the other. Different products, different markets, different consumers. If that holds true, the Integra Type S doesn't have to be cheaper than a base TLX, and probably can be as expensive or more than a TLX A-Spec or Advance while selling just fine. It'd logically need to fall somewhere under that TLX Type S price, and there's a lot of room for them to do that.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Si (sold) 2020 Type R (sold) 1994 Honda Acty
I'd pay 45-48K for and adult Type R.

I sold my 2020 Type R in anticipation of buying a new Type R or S. Now looking at the Corolla as well.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R

I sold my 2020 Type R in anticipation of buying a new Type R or S. Now looking at the Corolla as well.
Regarding an "adult Type R", fully agree--this redesign should be much more mature, and that's exactly what it'd take to get me to buy (at least with my wife's consent, as the FK8 seems to feature everything my wife hates in a performance-style vehicle). I could stomach a price up to $45,000 for that. The 2019 Type R I test drove seemed absolutely incredible.

Would I pay $47,000+ for an Integra Type S that carried Civic Type R performance, some Acura Luxury features (with the added extra weight), and SH-AWD and/or something cool in the hybrid/electric realm for added performance? I'm on the fence, especially if it weren't available in 6MT.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)

How was the mark up when you bought the 2020 R?
It wasn't fun when I got mine in 2018. I expect the GR Circuit pack to be just like that when it comes out. There's way too much hype and dealerships know it.