• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Track Prep

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
What’s the reason for making sure the windows stay rolled down? That was new info to me at the HDPE seminar.
I’ve heard different rationale. Easier extrication if you’re in an accident, giving pointbys is easier, better visibility esp if windows are tinted (some of the workers are trained to look for properly attached helmet chin straps, if they see it hanging loose they might call you in, harder to see through tinted or reflective glass). Might be more reasons too but I’m not certain.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
@evanescent03 you have my dream two car solution. What's specs on the C8Z? Am on a wait-list for one but doubt I'll be able to keep ITS when the time comes.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Point-by is the most basic answer; you can't take time to roll your window down to point someone by.

Also just situational awareness. It's also mandatory to keep the windows down at any autocross I've ever been to; they're not so much worried about accidents and there's no such thing as a point-by in autocross, but there are many scenarios that may involve people shouting at you if someone's out running around on track, someone's dog broke loose, there's an old lady driving through the course ahead of you, etc. that you should really have your window down just in case.

It does get annoying though when you have a brand new car and have to get rainwater all up in it if you want to participate in inclement weather. Fortunately the only time this happened to me was with the ITS, where all the interior panels are plastic. I'd be hard pissed if I had to get rainwater all over leather door panels...

53265013892_3464fe2b50_o.jpg

53266376715_69d252be61_o.jpg

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
@evanescent03 you have my dream two car solution. What's specs on the C8Z? Am on a wait-list for one but doubt I'll be able to keep ITS when the time comes.
traded my ITS for the Z06 but then missed the ITS too much so traded my Sierra 2500 for another ITS lol.

Z06 is a red mist over black interior 3LZ with front axle lift. No aero or CCBs. Would’ve preferred Z07 but didn’t want to pass up this allocation. Going to VIR in like 10 days. Can’t wait!

IMG_6513.jpeg

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
sweet! take it easy at VIR! How close are you to VIR. I'll be taking the ITS up there for the Track Daze event beginning of May. I typically go 2 times a year for two days.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
sweet! take it easy at VIR! How close are you to VIR. I'll be taking the ITS up there for the Track Daze event beginning of May. I typically go 2 times a year for two days.
I’m like 7h away. Pretty long haul but worth it and I meet some friends there from a couple east coast spots so it’s a lot of fun! Great track! I’ll have to check out track daze… this one is with Chin.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
that is a long drive. Worth it if you can get a couple days in. I've never done a Chin event. From what I remember they are a bit more expensive than Track Daze. Track Daze has always been good Been to maybe 8 different 2 day events with them and their fees are always less than $600.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
that is a long drive. Worth it if you can get a couple days in. I've never done a Chin event. From what I remember they are a bit more expensive than Track Daze. Track Daze has always been good Been to maybe 8 different 2 day events with them and their fees are always less than $600.
chin is a little pricey … they have some strict rules for moving up in run groups which can be annoying sometimes but also not all bad. you get a LOT of track time with them. Each day has numerous 30-40 min sesssions and then a 60 min session at the end of the day with all run groups mixed in. kind of a circus but really fun and get lots of seat time! Lots of brakes, tires and gas lol.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Do they provide instruction for novice groups at no extra charge? I'm solo with Track Daze but actually feel like I could benefit from some instructor time every now and then. It's easy to get sloppy, especially with a lot of fast traffic around you. A lot to process. As much as I want instructor time, I'm not willing to register for novice group as too many drivers are so slow. We all start somewhere, I get that, but driving behind a Charger hellcat through all the corners, only to have him go wide open on the straights, and not let you pass is painful! LOL.

Oh, Track Daze is three 30 min sessions, followed by 2 hours open track for the one event I go to, but that's only "full Course". The November event is 1 day Grand Course, 4- 30 min sessions, then 1 day Full Course, 4- 30 min sessions. No open track.

Open Track is for every run group except novice. so not too bad.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Do they provide instruction for novice groups at no extra charge? I'm solo with Track Daze but actually feel like I could benefit from some instructor time every now and then. It's easy to get sloppy, especially with a lot of fast traffic around you. A lot to process. As much as I want instructor time, I'm not willing to register for novice group as too many drivers are so slow. We all start somewhere, I get that, but driving behind a Charger hellcat through all the corners, only to have him go wide open on the straights, and not let you pass is painful! LOL.

Oh, Track Daze is three 30 min sessions, followed by 2 hours open track for the one event I go to, but that's only "full Course". The November event is 1 day Grand Course, 4- 30 min sessions, then 1 day Full Course, 4- 30 min sessions. No open track.

Open Track is for every run group except novice. so not too bad.
little more for instructor … but I think you can do a single day too (which can be as much seat time as a 2 day event with many other groups). overall good group to run with although none are perfect. Everyone I’ve ever done events with has had some high HP cars holding everyone up at some point . Best is to hot pit and let them get well ahead then go back out . Annoying but track days are like that sometimes! As an aggressive driver and usually a pretty quick car I encounter that a lot .. but I also kinda enjoy sandbagging a little lol.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
little more for instructor … but I think you can do a single day too (which can be as much seat time as a 2 day event with many other groups). overall good group to run with although none are perfect. Everyone I’ve ever done events with has had some high HP cars holding everyone up at some point . Best is to hot pit and let them get well ahead then go back out . Annoying but track days are like that sometimes! As an aggressive driver and usually a pretty quick car I encounter that a lot .. but I also kinda enjoy sandbagging a little lol.
I should have recognized your pic. Cayman coming out of Turn 3!

RamVA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beat, Acty, Prelude, CBR1kRR, ITS, Motocompacto
Do they provide instruction for novice groups at no extra charge? I'm solo with Track Daze but actually feel like I could benefit from some instructor time every now and then. It's easy to get sloppy, especially with a lot of fast traffic around you.
I instruct with TrackDaze and have for at least 15 years. If you're solo but want an instructor for a session or two, just ask, they should be able to find you someone.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I instruct with TrackDaze and have for at least 15 years. If you're solo but want an instructor for a session or two, just ask, they should be able to find you someone.
Great Point. I typically would ask the instructors I knew from previous outings, but asking the team directly would be the best route. After this switch to a FWD car I particularly feel a session or two with an instructor would help.

So, since you have an ITS, let's make plans to meet up for the May event. Who better than you to coach me up a bit right? ;-)

RamVA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beat, Acty, Prelude, CBR1kRR, ITS, Motocompacto
Great Point. I typically would ask the instructors I knew from previous outings, but asking the team directly would be the best route. After this switch to a FWD car I particularly feel a session or two with an instructor would help.

So, since you have an ITS, let's make plans to meet up for the May event. Who better than you to coach me up a bit right? ;-)
I'll most likely be there, and if so would love to take a ride.

Last edited: