• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra Emissions System Problem

I_Need_NOS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S; 1989 Ford Mustang
Welp just had the same issue happen to me. Had my ITS for about 6 weeks or so. Coded at 1270 miles. Dropped it at the dealer this morning and they confirmed P0011. Next step is for them to talk to the Honda/Acura Engineers as that’s the current course of action for them. That should happen tomorrow since corp. is closed today.

Service advisor did confirm my initial assumption, which is that I’m their first presentation of this issue. Good news, although they hadn’t seen it, they had heard about other civics and integras sometimes getting hit with this.

We shall see how it plays out I guess. Best wishes to everyone else that is dealing with this issue as well. Hopefully they figure out a fix for this quickly.

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Welp just had the same issue happen to me. Had my ITS for about 6 weeks or so. Coded at 1270 miles. Dropped it at the dealer this morning and they confirmed P0011. Next step is for them to talk to the Honda/Acura Engineers as that’s the current course of action for them. That should happen tomorrow since corp. is closed today.

Service advisor did confirm my initial assumption, which is that I’m their first presentation of this issue. Good news, although they hadn’t seen it, they had heard about other civics and integras sometimes getting hit with this.

We shall see how it plays out I guess. Best wishes to everyone else that is dealing with this issue as well. Hopefully they figure out a fix for this quickly.
Sorry to hear that this has also happened to you. My car has been at the dealership since Jan. 3rd while they wait for Acura to get the software update out that should resolve this.

I wish I could at least have my car while we wait for this fix. The dealership reset the codes and it drives normally, but they're concerned it'll happen again and that the loss of power may be a safety issue. That has me wondering if I should submit this issue to the NHTSA.

Acura unfortunately hasn't provided any kind of estimate on when the fix will be ready (at least not that I've heard from the dealership) and I'm concerned that I could be waiting a lot longer. I may reach out to Acura directly if this goes on long enough.

I'm curious to see how your dealership handles this (i.e. if they'll try other fixes or if they may try to hold on to your car too). Please keep us updated! I have a feeling we'll see more of this issue, unfortunately, at least until they get a fix out. I hope it's an uncommon issue though.

Edit, a couple other threads if you're interested in reading up more on this unfortunate issue:

Last edited:

I_Need_NOS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So got the update call. Basically the engineer asked for the data from the car.

my dealer was informed they know about the issue and are working towards identifying software or part fixes. My advisor did seem to imply they belive it’s more software.

They have been instructed not to replace any parts. Next step is to clear the code and conduct a test drive. And send the logs. Unless it throws the code while they have it, it seems like it will come back to me.

My dealer thinks Once the fix is decided upon they will drop a service bulletin on how to handle it and they would then call me back in to give the update. And ofcourse If it throws the code again to bring it back.

it’s one of the very unfortunate things with the car being so limited, with also needing real world data to understand the cause.

fingers crossed for the other owners the Affected car pool is small.

Will update if anything changes.
Good luck to all dealing with this.

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So got the update call. Basically the engineer asked for the data from the car.

my dealer was informed they know about the issue and are working towards identifying software or part fixes. My advisor did seem to imply they belive it’s more software.

They have been instructed not to replace any parts. Next step is to clear the code and conduct a test drive. And send the logs. Unless it throws the code while they have it, it seems like it will come back to me.

My dealer thinks Once the fix is decided upon they will drop a service bulletin on how to handle it and they would then call me back in to give the update. And ofcourse If it throws the code again to bring it back.

it’s one of the very unfortunate things with the car being so limited, with also needing real world data to understand the cause.

fingers crossed for the other owners the Affected car pool is small.

Will update if anything changes.
Good luck to all dealing with this.
Thanks for the update! I also hope the number of affected vehicles is small. I'm still concerned it will take a while for a fix to come through.

It sounds like you'll be getting your car back, if you haven't already. Can you please confirm when you get your car back or if your dealer ends up saying they need to hang onto it?

I_Need_NOS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the update! I also hope the number of affected vehicles is small. I'm still concerned it will take a while for a fix to come through.

It sounds like you'll be getting your car back, if you haven't already. Can you please confirm when you get your car back or if your dealer ends up saying they need to hang onto it?
Yeah will do. Should find out next steps sometime tomorrow after they drive it and send the data back.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I suspect it will be fine after reset and it may never come back. It would be great if they identify something...

I_Need_NOS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I suspect it will be fine after reset and it may never come back. It would be great if they identify something...
Yeah I’m good either way. As long as I can use it I am good.

I_Need_NOS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Got the car back this afternoon. Basically my dealer was advised to clear code, run two drive cycles, if light does not return give it back to me. They confirmed Acura is aware of the issue and investigating it.
Basically was told come back if it happens again or they will call me should they release a service bulletin.

Hopefully one and done, but atleast they are actively looking into the larger cause.

Hope this journey helps some of you, best of luck for anyone else dealing with it too

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Got the car back this afternoon. Basically my dealer was advised to clear code, run two drive cycles, if light does not return give it back to me. They confirmed Acura is aware of the issue and investigating it.
Basically was told come back if it happens again or they will call me should they release a service bulletin.

Hopefully one and done, but atleast they are actively looking into the larger cause.

Hope this journey helps some of you, best of luck for anyone else dealing with it too
Thanks for the update! I think I'll give my dealer a call this afternoon and see what's up then. If Acura didn't require the dealer to hold your car, I'm not sure why mine is being held.

I'm concerned about waiting without my car because it could be weeks or months before a fix comes through. Optimistically it could only be days, but in the absence of any meaningful updates from Acura, my assumption is it'll be a while.

I_Need_NOS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the update! I think I'll give my dealer a call this afternoon and see what's up then. If Acura didn't require the dealer to hold your car, I'm not sure why mine is being held.

I'm concerned about waiting without my car because it could be weeks or months before a fix comes through. Optimistically it could only be days, but in the absence of any meaningful updates from Acura, my assumption is it'll be a while.
Hopefully they let you have it, with just the assumption you’ll bring it back if it comes back.

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hopefully they let you have it, with just the assumption you’ll bring it back if it comes back.
Just got the car back this morning! Great to be driving it again, but there is unfortunately that nagging thought in the back of my head that the issue could rear its ugly head again.

That said, I believe the dealership did everything they could. This is really in Acura's hands now to determine the root cause issue and then get the fix rolled out. I'll update here when I hear more on the fix or if the issue comes up again (I sure hope not though).

Last edited:

I_Need_NOS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just got the car back this morning! Great to be driving it again, but there is unfortunately that nagging thought in the back of my head that the issue could rear its ugly head again.

That said, I believe the dealership did everything they could. This is really in Acura's hands now to determine the root cause issue and then get the fix rolled out. I'll update here when I hear more on the fix or if the issue comes up again (I sure hope not though).
Glad you got it back. Just try and enjoy driving it and not worry about it popping back up!

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Glad you got it back. Just try and enjoy driving it and not worry about it popping back up!
Well, based on the latest I've heard, we may all soon be driving without worrying about this issue. Word is the fix will be ready in February, though it's not clear when during that month it will be.

Edit: To be clear, this may only be for the ITS. I don't know about other trims where this issue has been observed.

Last edited:

jopapiiii

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
thank god i found this tread. This is the second time i'm getting a:

(on an ITS)
check engine
rev match disabled
cruise control disabled
braking system disabled

first time, they said that i was revving the car too much in higher gears. doesn't make any sense since i dropped the car off with 6840 miles. got it back almost 3 weeks later.

now today miles being 7082, same codes appeared and i really dont like going to the dealer but if I have to go, I'll go back; unless I can somehow find that piece to remove it and having to save myself a headache.

I did too loose my pops and burbles in sport+. pretty bummed about that

also does anyone else ITS does not start when button is pressed? I have to hold it for about 6 seconds and then it wants to start up...

Last edited:

waxman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bike
I had all of the above issues and then mine refused to start. Dealer said the battery was defective. Swapped the battery and everything has been fine since (around 2K miles after the battery replacement).