• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey
Man I'm loving your car. I honestly liked your sound better with just a resonator delete. Now it sounds more like a simple muffler delete. I deleted my civic 1.5t resonator as well and it doesn't sound as good as yours did. Anyway, sweet ride!!! Keep on keeping on. And post more pics along the way. Cheers!

Last edited:

treyk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
**Resonator Delete**

So the rice boy in me needed more sound. I went from an FBO Civic with a DP/FP and exhaust to a stock exhaust šŸ˜‚ not to say the stock exhaust sounds bad, itā€™s just a little muted for my liking.

I was debating between a full exhaust system or going the cheap man route and chopping the OEM exhaust. I settled on chopping the OEM exhaust. Because of the coiled design on the mufflers, I decided the easier route would be to chop the resonator outā€¦so, thanks to my buddy Dave at Defcon Automotive in Markham, we managed to do it.

Right off the bat I noticed a difference in exhaust tone. It was about 10% deeper tone, and quite a bit more burbles between shifts and on decel.

There was little to no drone with the resonator delete. I would recommend this for someone who is looking for just a little bit more sound from their Integra without breaking the bank. Itā€™s definitely a great bang for buck mod!

Iā€™ve posted what videos the website will allow me to upload below, we will soon see the chopped OEM didnā€™t stay on the car for very long šŸ˜Ž

This sounds pretty good for just a resonator delete do you have any videos of you driving with it before you put the remark

OP
OP

naseef.din

First Name
Naseef
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
This sounds pretty good for just a resonator delete do you have any videos of you driving with it before you put the remark
unfortunately not, but I know there are a few on YouTube of the stock exhaust!

treyk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
unfortunately not, but I know there are a few on YouTube of the stock exhaust!
Its weird because your resonator delete sounds nothing like any of the 11th gen civic resonator deletes it actually makes the car sound way deeper

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Car(s)
FK8 CTR, FC1 Si, FL5 Type R and Type S on order
@naseef.din awesome seeing the build thread up!! Thank you for supporting bro :)

In person this sounds different to the resonator delete, it's certainly louder yet still presents a clean tone. I had been in the car with Naseef before the Remark went on, and found it to be a tad louder than stock

I've tested other resonator delete setups before on the 10th Gens, comparing them to full exhausts. The deletes have always sounded less refined than actual exhausts. It's a low-cost option for sound, but nowhere near the clean tone with a proper exhaust.

OP
OP

naseef.din

First Name
Naseef
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
@naseef.din awesome seeing the build thread up!! Thank you for supporting bro :)

In person this sounds different to the resonator delete, it's certainly louder yet still presents a clean tone. I had been in the car with Naseef before the Remark went on, and found it to be a tad louder than stock

I've tested other resonator delete setups before on the 10th Gens, comparing them to full exhausts. The deletes have always sounded less refined than actual exhausts. It's a low-cost option for sound, but nowhere near the clean tone with a proper exhaust.
Agreed! The crisp tone canā€™t be matched with just a resonator or muffler chop. Thereā€™s just something about a full exhaust system šŸ˜Ž

OP
OP

naseef.din

First Name
Naseef
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
** 10,000km/6200mi Review/Ownership Update**

Iā€™m about 5 or 6 months and 10,000km into Integra ownership so I wanted to get some of my thoughts and opinions on the car in the thread. Keep in mind everything i say here is based entirely on my opinions and my experience with the car.

TLDR; this is an awesome car, with a few quirks that are making me question the price Acura is charging. Itā€™s more fun and less fast, but as you drive the car, you slowly stop critiquing it for itā€™s oddly Civic-like interior, and start to forgive the Integra for itā€™s faults. Why? I havenā€™t driven a car that puts a smile on my face like this does.

Iā€™ll be honest, like most others when I first saw the Integra in the reveal, I didnā€™t really like it. As time went on though, and we all got over the new look, I finally saw one in person and could forgive Acura for the Integraā€™s design. The distinct Acura front end blends in nicely with the distinct Genesis Coupe rear end - which I know is a blatant design rip off, but a nice one at that. I also very much like the courtesy lights in the door handles that light up as you approach the car. I know itā€™s a small touch, but itā€™s the little things for me. That being said, there are a few things I noted about the Integraā€™s exterior design that are annoying. The panel gaps in some of the parts of the car are hilarious, my favourite being I can see right into my engine bay through the panel gap between the side of the hood and the front bumper. I also found it a bit of a bummer that the hatch is not electronically operated - for the price i kind of wish it was. A wiper on the rear would be nice as well, however I know some would disagree. The other thing that is kind of dumb are the windshield washer nozzles being mounted in the wiper themselves. By the time the nozzles sprays anything, the wiper is at the edge of the windshield.

Inside the car is a bit more of the same; a few things to like and a few things to dislike. The elephant in the room is how similar the interior is to the Civic. Most people wouldnā€™t be able to tell the difference between the two if you showed them a picture of both. The biggest difference in the interior are the seats and the colour, otherwise itā€™s very much a 2022 Civic. To be fair though, itā€™s unrealistic for Acura to have redesigned the interior of the Integra to differentiate it from the Civic. Because the interior is so Civic, itā€™s got the same creaking plastic and rattling trim pieces as it. The sound system is hands down the best Iā€™ve heard in any car, but itā€™s a little underwhelming when you hear the door rattling when the bass hits.

Driving the Integra is where all the fun is. The Civic-like interior begins to fade into the background and you begin to focus more on the slick gear changes and oddly cool sounding fake audio being pumped into the cabin. To be honest though, I removed the module from mine and I would recommend it to anyone who is not a fan of the fake sound. The clutch feel is nice and easy. As this was my first manual car, getting a hang of the clutch was odd because there was not as much pedal feel as I was expecting. Itā€™s a non-problem though, as you become used to it very quickly. The Integra was a very forgiving and helpful car to learn to drive manual in. The auto rev match is awesome, while I know some purists may disagree with me. Hill start assist is also a cheat code, but I think it only activates on quite steep hills as I have yet to have it kick in for me. The steering input is clumsy in comfort mode, adequate at best in normal mode, and decent in sport mode. Because the car has variable ratio steering based on your steering input, it took a little getting used to. It almost feels like the car is changing direction half a second after I move the steering wheel. That being said, it does corner like a champ and I think with the suspension bits that are on and that are coming, I think the Integra could upset some unmodified cars in the next class up on a racetrack. It handles its weight nicely, but it does occasionally remind you youā€™re driving a relatively hefty ā€œsmallā€ car. Itā€™s good fun to zip around town and tackle the side roads, and has enough pep for overtaking and entering highways. Donā€™t expect to be blown away by the way the speed climbs, but do expect to have a smile on your face as you run through the gears on your way to 100kph.

So far for maintenance, Iā€™ve only done an oil change at 4000km. Iā€™m creeping up to 10,000km now and I think Iā€™m going to take it for an oil change in the next week of me writing this. That being said, Iā€™m currently experiencing a weird issue. Twice now under hard acceleration, the cars dashboard lights all lit up with all the systems getting disabled and the car putting itself into normal mode automatically. The lights all disappear after restarting the car, and the only codes were a VSA code and EPS code. I took it to Pickering Acura, and was told to bring the car back with the dashboard lit up the next time it happens, if it happens. They told me it could be a batch of bad gas - seems weird for the car to give a VSA and EPS code, but time will tell. I definitely will update the thread in regards to what happens. Either way, Iā€™ll be at Acuraā€™s doorstep warrantying whatever is wrong!

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
** 10,000km/6200mi Review/Ownership Update**

Iā€™m about 5 or 6 months and 10,000km into Integra ownership so I wanted to get some of my thoughts and opinions on the car in the thread. Keep in mind everything i say here is based entirely on my opinions and my experience with the car.

TLDR; this is an awesome car, with a few quirks that are making me question the price Acura is charging. Itā€™s more fun and less fast, but as you drive the car, you slowly stop critiquing it for itā€™s oddly Civic-like interior, and start to forgive the Integra for itā€™s faults. Why? I havenā€™t driven a car that puts a smile on my face like this does.

Iā€™ll be honest, like most others when I first saw the Integra in the reveal, I didnā€™t really like it. As time went on though, and we all got over the new look, I finally saw one in person and could forgive Acura for the Integraā€™s design. The distinct Acura front end blends in nicely with the distinct Genesis Coupe rear end - which I know is a blatant design rip off, but a nice one at that. I also very much like the courtesy lights in the door handles that light up as you approach the car. I know itā€™s a small touch, but itā€™s the little things for me. That being said, there are a few things I noted about the Integraā€™s exterior design that are annoying. The panel gaps in some of the parts of the car are hilarious, my favourite being I can see right into my engine bay through the panel gap between the side of the hood and the front bumper. I also found it a bit of a bummer that the hatch is not electronically operated - for the price i kind of wish it was. A wiper on the rear would be nice as well, however I know some would disagree. The other thing that is kind of dumb are the windshield washer nozzles being mounted in the wiper themselves. By the time the nozzles sprays anything, the wiper is at the edge of the windshield.

Inside the car is a bit more of the same; a few things to like and a few things to dislike. The elephant in the room is how similar the interior is to the Civic. Most people wouldnā€™t be able to tell the difference between the two if you showed them a picture of both. The biggest difference in the interior are the seats and the colour, otherwise itā€™s very much a 2022 Civic. To be fair though, itā€™s unrealistic for Acura to have redesigned the interior of the Integra to differentiate it from the Civic. Because the interior is so Civic, itā€™s got the same creaking plastic and rattling trim pieces as it. The sound system is hands down the best Iā€™ve heard in any car, but itā€™s a little underwhelming when you hear the door rattling when the bass hits.

Driving the Integra is where all the fun is. The Civic-like interior begins to fade into the background and you begin to focus more on the slick gear changes and oddly cool sounding fake audio being pumped into the cabin. To be honest though, I removed the module from mine and I would recommend it to anyone who is not a fan of the fake sound. The clutch feel is nice and easy. As this was my first manual car, getting a hang of the clutch was odd because there was not as much pedal feel as I was expecting. Itā€™s a non-problem though, as you become used to it very quickly. The Integra was a very forgiving and helpful car to learn to drive manual in. The auto rev match is awesome, while I know some purists may disagree with me. Hill start assist is also a cheat code, but I think it only activates on quite steep hills as I have yet to have it kick in for me. The steering input is clumsy in comfort mode, adequate at best in normal mode, and decent in sport mode. Because the car has variable ratio steering based on your steering input, it took a little getting used to. It almost feels like the car is changing direction half a second after I move the steering wheel. That being said, it does corner like a champ and I think with the suspension bits that are on and that are coming, I think the Integra could upset some unmodified cars in the next class up on a racetrack. It handles its weight nicely, but it does occasionally remind you youā€™re driving a relatively hefty ā€œsmallā€ car. Itā€™s good fun to zip around town and tackle the side roads, and has enough pep for overtaking and entering highways. Donā€™t expect to be blown away by the way the speed climbs, but do expect to have a smile on your face as you run through the gears on your way to 100kph.

So far for maintenance, Iā€™ve only done an oil change at 4000km. Iā€™m creeping up to 10,000km now and I think Iā€™m going to take it for an oil change in the next week of me writing this. That being said, Iā€™m currently experiencing a weird issue. Twice now under hard acceleration, the cars dashboard lights all lit up with all the systems getting disabled and the car putting itself into normal mode automatically. The lights all disappear after restarting the car, and the only codes were a VSA code and EPS code. I took it to Pickering Acura, and was told to bring the car back with the dashboard lit up the next time it happens, if it happens. They told me it could be a batch of bad gas - seems weird for the car to give a VSA and EPS code, but time will tell. I definitely will update the thread in regards to what happens. Either way, Iā€™ll be at Acuraā€™s doorstep warrantying whatever is wrong!
Pumped in sound:
Where's the module and how did you remove it?

OP
OP

naseef.din

First Name
Naseef
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Pumped in sound:
Where's the module and how did you remove it?
Itā€™s behind the glovebox. You need to remove the interior trim around it to access it. Hereā€™s a video of the location:

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Itā€™s behind the glovebox. You need to remove the interior trim around it to access it. Hereā€™s a video of the location:

So it appears cabin filter and airbox. Just disconnect the wiring and no issues after that?

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech

It is my understanding that the pumped in sound module also will play ā€˜opposite frequencyā€™ sounds when in comfort mode to assist in noise cancellation. Is this true? If so, if I disconnect this module, will I experience more road noise while in comfort mode? Because man, that pumped in sound is so annoying in Sport and S modeā€¦

OP
OP

naseef.din

First Name
Naseef
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
It is my understanding that the pumped in sound module also will play ā€˜opposite frequencyā€™ sounds when in comfort mode to assist in noise cancellation. Is this true? If so, if I disconnect this module, will I experience more road noise while in comfort mode? Because man, that pumped in sound is so annoying in Sport and S modeā€¦
I havenā€™t tested that yet, but for sure in Sport mode the fake noises are a bit much

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I havenā€™t tested that yet, but for sure in Sport mode the fake noises are a bit much
What about in non sport mode? I don't use sport mode because the throttle gain to fake response is annoying AF. I've also read that the fake noise is only in sport mode. If this is the case I have no need to remove the glove box.

OP
OP

naseef.din

First Name
Naseef
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
What about in non sport mode? I don't use sport mode because the throttle gain to fake response is annoying AF. I've also read that the fake noise is only in sport mode. If this is the case I have no need to remove the glove box.
The fake noise is in all modes it just becomes louder in sport