• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

QC / Paint / Body Panel Gap Issues

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
My dealer appointment is Thursday. The tech there who has had integra bumpers off before to install accessories is confident he can get it aligned. It’s just a bit annoying that something so glaring slipped through QC for Acura.
Yea I'm sure it's simple fix.

KhasnFX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 Civic Si, '23 Integra
My dealer appointment is Thursday. The tech there who has had integra bumpers off before to install accessories is confident he can get it aligned. It’s just a bit annoying that something so glaring slipped through QC for Acura.
First year of a new model, I'm sure plant workers are scrambling just to get product out the door. QC will likely get better over time as orders slow down. Good to know dealers are working to make it right.

Reactions: HKF

Leadfoot82

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec - Tech
I came from a genesis that was built like a tank and refined to the integra. Love the integra but there are definite short comings and attention to detail issues. But, I can accept that at this price point.

Driver side fender / front bumper joint area on mine has the fender sticking up higher a few mm. I can press down on it when it is hot and it will correct itself but will return to its misalignment when it cools / returns to memory.

Piano black surfaces scratch with even the softest of cloths. Can't they put a scratch resistant clear on these surfaces? I hope to find an overlay for the stick shift trim on ebay so that i don't have to stress about finger prints and swirl marks so much. If anyone has found one please let me know.

I've noticed that the seat covers are not of very good quality / attention to detail. I notice poofy areas around bolsters. Also, when looking at the red/black area of the back seats when viewing with the hatch open, they do not line up well. Not the best fit or finish for the seats.
A seat covering should be tight and attractive...these miss the mark.

Also, the plastic around door handles scratches VERY easily. Watch out there!

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I came from a genesis that was built like a tank and refined to the integra. Love the integra but there are definite short comings and attention to detail issues. But, I can accept that at this price point.

Driver side fender / front bumper joint area on mine has the fender sticking up higher a few mm. I can press down on it when it is hot and it will correct itself but will return to its misalignment when it cools / returns to memory.

Piano black surfaces scratch with even the softest of cloths. Can't they put a scratch resistant clear on these surfaces? I hope to find an overlay for the stick shift trim on ebay so that i don't have to stress about finger prints and swirl marks so much. If anyone has found one please let me know.

I've noticed that the seat covers are not of very good quality / attention to detail. I notice poofy areas around bolsters. Also, when looking at the red/black area of the back seats when viewing with the hatch open, they do not line up well. Not the best fit or finish for the seats.
A seat covering should be tight and attractive...these miss the mark.

Also, the plastic around door handles scratches VERY easily. Watch out there!
Buy some vinyl and cun/wrap it yourself, someone else here did that and it looks great.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Acura TLX V6 Tech
My panel issue might take the cake from what I’ve seen. The front passenger side door is actually scraping the front body panel and causing damage to the paint when opened. Also have the buzzy passenger side dashboard issue but that seems to be an easy fix according to the Civic forums.

OP
OP
RRP RSX-S

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
My panel issue might take the cake from what I’ve seen. The front passenger side door is actually scraping the front body panel and causing damage to the paint when opened. Also have the buzzy passenger side dashboard issue but that seems to be an easy fix according to the Civic forums.
Damn. That is unfortunate. What is the passenger side dash buzz fix? I have that too.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Acura TLX V6 Tech
Damn. That is unfortunate. What is the passenger side dash buzz fix? I have that too.
Can be found here. I have my service appointment for later in the month to get both resolved. I decided to wait until they have a loaner because I’m guessing they’ll have to repaint and I’m not sure how long that will take.

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
Can be found here. I have my service appointment for later in the month to get both resolved. I decided to wait until they have a loaner because I’m guessing they’ll have to repaint and I’m not sure how long that will take.
Good luck with the service. Hopefully a straightforward pair of fixes.

dima_n

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I have a weird hood gap. Not a big deal but definitely small issues with gaps and alignment of body panels in general. I think the Ohio plant is still getting the hang of it.
IntegraHood2.jpg
IntegraHood.jpg

OP
OP
RRP RSX-S

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
That top pic has an easy fix. Pop the hood. The closest clip on that upper bumper trim that sits high has a washer under it. Pull the washer and out the clip back in. It’ll sit even.

My drivers side was like that and is now perfect. The passenger side though sticks out some The washers fixed it some. But the fender is too low. That’s the main issue. The hood gap there is large. Just need to move the fender up a hair. One day.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Acura TLX V6 Tech
Good luck with the service. Hopefully a straightforward pair of fixes.
Finally fixed after more than a week at the dealership/body shop but that’s because Ian caused some delays. Door panel was painted and looks great and the fender adjusted to prevent it from happening in the future. As for the rattle, they couldn’t recreate it and I don’t hear it so we’ll see how that shakes out. Very happy to have my Integra back after having a TLX loaner. Am I insane for preferring the CVT over that sluggish 10 speed, not to mention the terrible MPGs?

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Glad you got it back! I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on the TLX versus Integra, particularly around steering/handling.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Acura TLX V6 Tech
Glad you got it back! I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on the TLX versus Integra, particularly around steering/handling.
As a quick background, my last two vehicles were a ‘17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring and a ‘19 TLX V6 Tech. The loaner was a ‘22 TLX Tech.

The new TLX is even bigger than the old TLX and it feels and drives like it. It’s almost like driving a speed boat with all that power available but somewhat floaty handling. It’s quicker than the Integra obviously but the acceleration can feel stuttered at times due to the transmission. Sometimes it was buttery smooth, sometimes you could feel it labor through the gears. I prefer the handling of the Integra as it feels much more nimble and always accelerates smoothly. The TLX interior definitely feels more upscale but I despised the absolute position touchpad interface. It’s only incrementally better than the knob from the previous gen TLX.

It’s not perfect comparing the top trim Integra to a mid trim TLX but I sorely missed things like the more modern gauge cluster, HUD, improved driving assistance systems, and touch screen interface. The back seat and trunk are also comically small in the TLX given its bloated size. Even if I had the money for an A-Spec TLX, I wouldn’t choose it. It feels too big, the fuel economy is awful, and the interface is incomprehensibly bad when they could have just moved the screen up and made it a touchscreen. I also recognize I’m in the minority of car shoppers because all I wanted was a premium Civic hatchback because of the fuel economy, usability, and size and the Integre is just that.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Thanks for this background, as I also feel the new gen TLX is too big outside, small inside, to consider. I actually prefer the prior gen for solely this reason.