• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

QC / Paint / Body Panel Gap Issues

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Just curious, how many are seeing cosmetic issues with the Integra? I know to a degree it is to be expected on not only a first model year run, but in todays climate with supply etc.

But for example, I’m seeing people with panel alignment issues. Me for example on the passenger side, the upper bumper is way off.

I also in addition to a large scratch on the hood, have 4 pin sized yet large enough to notice easily, black paint spots UNDER the clear coat on the drivers rear qtr panel.

How does that happen? Getting black paint on a blue car. I love the car, but I guess I’m just really disappointed with the over all quality.
1D6758FE-6AD2-472C-A39D-B94E8FD8813A.jpeg

(Don’t have pics of the black spots atm)

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
For the panel gap and alignment, one of the differentiators for luxury brands is how tight that tolerance is when compared to economy/volume brands. I wouldn't be too bothered by this on a Civic, but on an Acura it's a let down.

As for the paint specs, I can think of a few things that could cause it. They're all preventable, and would have to happen in the painting process for it to be under the clearcoat

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
I'm seeing some panel gap variances. I don't have pics. I wish they weren't there, but I'm not bothered by it. I haven't noticed any paint issues, I might not feel the same way about those.

EasyPickins

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra ASpec Tech
What’s the recourse then, adjustments and re-paint by the dealer you purchased it from?

Last edited:

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
What’s the recourse then, adjustments and re-paint by dealer you purchased it from?
Could try, but it may end up looking much worse for the repaint. I'd probably wait 6 months to a year to ask for an adjustment, gives them time to practice on other people's cars, and see if it gets worse (like something is actually loose)

Definitely log the issue and track it though, so that they can't say you did something to cause it

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
There is a degree of variance considered normal on panel gaps but a gross miss alignment I’d try to get them to fix it. The panel gaps in a Civic are allowed to be bigger than in an Accord. I don’t know about Acura’s take on it.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
My panel gaps look uniformed but extremely large. I also can see the washer cap from the extreme gap around the hood.

OP
OP
RRP RSX-S

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Good news. The dealer scheduled a time for me to come in and have the panel aligned. And the black spots, although they didn’t “scratch” off and clay didn’t take them off. Compound did. So I’m pretty happy.

Tork

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Civic ST, 22 Accord Sport Hybrid, 16 Mazda 6
My 22 Civic Sport touring Hatch had some fairly bad alignments and gaps, The Integra is better, our Accord which is made at the same plant as the integra is very near perfect

EasyPickins

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra ASpec Tech
If Acura is considered a luxury brand, there’s an expectation of superior craftsmanship and 5 star service. By choosing them over similar brands, I want to be confident I made the right decision. Glad to hear they’re resolving any issues.

Last edited:

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
My panel gaps look uniformed but extremely large. I also can see the washer cap from the extreme gap around the hood.
Same.
And the rear hatch gap differs significantly from side to side.
20220618_155919.jpg
20220618_155910.jpg

20220618_161536.jpg

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
the black integra I test drove has a significant body panel gap just like the OPs picture. But the white one in the showroom they had did not have any issues.

bguttery

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6-speed manual
I have a similiar issues as the one noted in the first post. There is a decent gap between the driver-side fender and upper bumper above the wheel well.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
I had something similar on my scion tc way back when and it just turned out that a bolt wasn't screweddown all the way. I just re did the bolt and it shifted down back in place

OP
OP
RRP RSX-S

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
My dealer appointment is Thursday. The tech there who has had integra bumpers off before to install accessories is confident he can get it aligned. It’s just a bit annoying that something so glaring slipped through QC for Acura.