• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dom954

Dom954

First Name
Dominique
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I've heard talk and found it in the owners manual. Avoid WOT for the first 1000k, 600 miles.

During the first 600 miles (1,000 km) of operation,
avoid sudden acceleration or full throttle operation so
as not to damage the engine or powertrain.

Page 438

That's what I'm doing. But I honestly don't think it is a big deal, or you're likely to cause damage bouncing off the limiter at full throttle once or twice.

But I do know this, that it's important to warm up the car before pushing turbo boost. Engine oil is used to lubricate the turbo bearings, and unlike the engine spinning between 4-6000 rpms, the turbo is closer to 100,000 rpms. I've replaced a turbo before, and it is not cheap or easy. It's equally important to allow the turbo to cool down before shutting down.
Sweet I'll have 600 miles by Wednesday lol

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
Wow. Funny I was considering the Integra, the G70, and Kia stinger.
I was considering the same comps as well as the GR Corolla ... I dropped the kia and genesis from my list when I found out that Kia considered burning oil or oil consumption normal operation. They say "normal" if it's less than 1qt per 1000 miles, and a ton of people in relatively new, under warranty, cars have oil burning but they won't fix it. The Toyota dealerships taking deposits for more cars than will be produced and no reservation system with Toyota ruined the GR for me, but may try to get in the reservation lottery for the special edition one they are actually taking reservations on.

Juddtastic77

First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra Aspec MT Majestic Black Pearl
Lol.. my estimated fuel economy right now for the first 200 miles is showing 26.7mpg
Exactly what I’m at, just turned 1000 miles today. Granted I got it may 31, and my commute is 75 miles round trip

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
So found a issues. The defrost sucks it's 95 degrees and 80% humidity. After a storm the windows will not defog.
Another annoyance is the wiper speed on Low you can't vary the speed with the +- dial. It stays at a constant speed..boo

Also first fill-up.. low fuel light came on with gas gauge showing 2 bars. Filled her up with 93

Last edited:

IntegraAgain

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5th Gen 2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT - PWP
Hit 250+ today coming back from a work trip to Charlotte. It's crazy how much I am enjoying this not-supercar super car. Has everything I would want in a car, and more... which I suppose is what someone buying their first ever brand new vehicle should say. But for it's price point, seriously amazing to me and I feel fortunate to be one of the first owners of this reboot.

"Roadtrip mode" observations:
  • Steering is the first thing I noticed. I am liking the stiffness and stability, but not loving the lane departure warning and weird steering wheel pulsing. I'll definitely be turning that off once I find the right setting. I don't need help staying in my lane, and that feature is very distracting for me
  • Second thing was the ease of exceeding 75mph, and how the cruise control takes over in 6th
  • HUD is great, ELS sound system is great, seats are comfortable for hours, trunk area holds two suitcases and a laptop case with more room available
  • Wife was my copilot, so most of the highway miles were Comfort mode, but as soon as we got off exits, it was Sport all the way, LOL (necessary). It's ridiculous the difference I notice between Comfort and Sport, like two completely separate cars

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra, 2020 Yamaha MT09
It's equally important to allow the turbo to cool down before shutting down.
How do you let a turbo cool down...won't it be hot when you arrive to your destination...at that point you would be shutting off car....?

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
How do you let a turbo cool down
Hey Josh - What I'm referring to is max boost. The turbo is always spinning, but obviously you know when you are running at max boost. I believe my Integrar is built to be run hard and last a long time. But I don't want to run hard when it's cold, and I don't want to run hard and then shut it down immediately. I believe in letting the car run at normal revs, 2000-3500 for 5-15 minutes when the car is really cold, and also after driving especially hard/fast.

I'm sure other folks have different opinions on this, I would like hearing from others on the subject.

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra, 2020 Yamaha MT09
Hey Josh - What I'm referring to is max boost. The turbo is always spinning, but obviously you know when you are running at max boost. I believe my Integrar is built to be run hard and last a long time. But I don't want to run hard when it's cold, and I don't want to run hard and then shut it down immediately. I believe in letting the car run at normal revs, 2000-3500 for 5-15 minutes when the car is really cold, and also after driving especially hard/fast.

I'm sure other folks have different opinions on this, I would like hearing from others on the subject.
Gotcha. I've never owned a turbo'd car before. Also...the unfortunate thing for me is my daily commute to work is only 7 minutes away. I know short drives are the worst. I'm sure I'll leave early at times and take a detour!

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Gotcha. I've never owned a turbo'd car before. Also...the unfortunate thing for me is my daily commute to work is only 7 minutes away. I know short drives are the worst. I'm sure I'll leave early at times and take a detour!
I'd do 90 seconds at idle both at startup(more in freezing temps)and before shutdown if my commute were that short.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Had her for a full day now. Driving a lot. A few nice observations I’ve made that I haven’t heard talked about. Accessory reviews. One issue.

The issue has its own thread. The soft touch piece that is above the glove box and extends to the center console has a big gap in it. I took the piece off and everything looks good both on the console and the piece. I’m not sure what’s off but I’ll let the NSX certified tech at my dealer figure it out.

I found that the car does indeed have driver 1 and 2 settings for individual mode. The dealer said the numbers on the keys were cosmetic only. However when I first adjusted settings, with both keys in my pocket, it was on driver 1. Then when I used only key 2 it was on driver 2. That’s the key I plan to use full time. Key 1 won’t be used. So all the settings for driver 2 are in and I programmed the seat position to 1 and 2 on the door.

What’s cool about that is if you have 2 drivers, each can have their own individual mode. That was asked on another thread and I commented based on what the dealer told me. I was incorrect however after playing with it myself.

The leather is very soft. I love it. And the stitching on the edges of the front seats has this diagonal stitch. It looks awesome.

Acuralink works great. Love being able to see if it’s locked and location etc. Took a bit to get linked because we (at the dealer) we’re doing it wrong. There is a very specific order to do it in. Car off standing outside. Start the app. Scan the barcode on the door sill, start the car right away. Bingo, it’ll verify.

The side mirrors are amazing! They have these subtle little humps on the inner top to help you see SUV’s behind you without losing lower view.

I do notice the HUD dimming itself. There is a sensor there for sure based on lighting. It was doing it as I was going in and out of shadows from large trees.

The CVT is fantastic. I would have loved a DCT just like most. But I’m so pleasantly surprised with the CVT. It sounds great imo, does exactly what I want for “shifts”. And even “holds gears” on aggressive twisties. The car itself feels extremely quick. I know what the numbers say. But I don’t care. My other car is a 450+ whp Mustang. Obviously they are not in the same realm. However the Tegs FEELS just as quick as it chews through mph up to 70 and beyond. Especially above 5k rpms. And the handling just puts a huge grin on my face. It’s been awhile since I’ve been in a sporty fwd car. It feels very flat and smooth being tossed into corners.

I got a handful of factory accessories. The all season floor mats are fantastic. Fit perfect and have nice height to the edges. The trunk tray is great, but it doesn’t adhere to the floor and does have about .5” of wiggle room. The seat back protectors velcro on and they fit great. Super easy to put on. And the pet liner for the rear seats. It’s a neoprene material with a very soft smooth rubberish material underneath. It’s all one piece and covers the bench perfectly. There are 3 little foam bumps that tuck between the bench and seat back to hold it in place and there are 4 of the same that tuck under the seat bench. They just pop in under where the leather ends and the carpet starts. The back has 3 loops that can be tightened around each headrest. And there are 2 zippers to split the back into 3 parts and for the middle seatbelt. There are also 2 slits to slip the buckles through. There is a cover however that I found made it extremely difficult to buckle the belts. So I cut it off. I also put on the screen protector that I’ve linked from Amazon a couple of times. It fit very well and I’m happy with it.

Im very bummed about the interior issue. BUT I know it’ll get fixed. I’m loving everything else. Tomorrow I’m off for some front end PPF and tint!
92218677-2965-406C-95C7-0C25A8212B19.jpeg

Last edited:

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Thx for sharing your perspective and tips.
I'm considering PPF as well. What areas do you plan to have it applied?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
B and C pillars to cover the gloss black. Then partial hood, front bumper, headlights and fogs, side mirrors.

Edit: forgot about partial fenders.

Last edited:

Billabon05

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Acura TSX
B and C pillars to cover the gloss black. Then partial hood, front bumper, headlights and fogs, side mirrors.
Thinking of doing the same thing with the PPF - haven't gotten a quote yet but the pre-cut film from XPEL is $1100 bucks without installation. Have you gotten a price yet?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Thinking of doing the same thing with the PPF - haven't gotten a quote yet but the pre-cut film from XPEL is $1100 bucks without installation. Have you gotten a price yet?
Yeah. XPel charges a lot for their templates and pre cut stuff alone, and rightfully so as their cuts are near perfect. And then you have to have someone install it. But through an XPel dealer they are much less because they already have the film rolls and the cutter and templates. You mostly pay for install. For everything I’m getting, installed by xpel’s top dealer nationally, it’s just over $1k total.

Billabon05

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Acura TSX
Yeah. XPel charges a lot for their templates and pre cut stuff alone, and rightfully so as their cuts are near perfect. And then you have to have someone install it. But through an XPel dealer they are much less because they already have the film rolls and the cutter and templates. You mostly pay for install. For everything I’m getting, installed by xpel’s top dealer nationally, it’s just over $1k total.
Honestly for the protection and peace of mind it will offer it is well worth it! I remember covering my MacBook pro with this stuff back in 2008 along with my iPods. lol.
Glad to hear you like the CVT. I am trading out of a '07 TSX and have gotten kinda stuck in forums with all the negative comments trans/HP wise. While my first car was stick I am not interested in rowing my own gears. My dealer is waiting on its demo unit to be assigned so I can drive it.
Any other thoughts on the CVT?

Last edited: