• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

After new Integra, Acura to push hard on EVs

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
It’ll be interesting to see how a company, whose ice motors have been arguably their key differentiator, transitions to electric motors.

They dug themselves a bit of a hole by not focusing on EVs after making the Insight. I suppose if electric motors and batteries become commodities they can focus on innovating elsewhere.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
It’ll be interesting to see how a company, whose ice motors have been arguably their key differentiator, transitions to electric motors.

They dug themselves a bit of a hole by not focusing on EVs after making the Insight. I suppose if electric motors and batteries become commodities they can focus on innovating elsewhere.
I was actually having this convo about a week ago in how honda/acura could differentiate themselves in the future EV market...

Obviously for most EVs huge battery sizes are needed to get maximum range and maximum power, this contributes to extremely heavy cars. Honda historically has always put focus on their cars being lighter and tossable. I think if they really put the work into it they should focus on creating lighter weight EVs with adequate power and good range. Rather than go with the big heavy, tons of power, huge batteries... go in the direction of creating lighter cars that need less battery mass and on paper would read as being less powerful, but still competitive in range and performance thanks to weight savings. IF they can do that.

This focus on lightness would give their cars a possible handling/fun to drive leg up on the competition, as well as potentially lower costs for their vehicles. And it's a core theme they have had at Honda/Acura historically. Keep weight down, use more efficient adequate power sources, achieve maximum range and a fun to drive character.

Again, just an idea.... but there's definitely room to innovate and bring something different to the market in the future EV segments.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
I was actually having this convo about a week ago in how honda/acura could differentiate themselves in the future EV market...

Obviously for most EVs huge battery sizes are needed to get maximum range and maximum power, this contributes to extremely heavy cars. Honda historically has always put focus on their cars being lighter and tossable. I think if they really put the work into it they should focus on creating lighter weight EVs with adequate power and good range. Rather than go with the big heavy, tons of power, huge batteries... go in the direction of creating lighter cars that need less battery mass and on paper would read as being less powerful, but still competitive in range and performance thanks to weight savings. IF they can do that.

This focus on lightness would give their cars a possible handling/fun to drive leg up on the competition, as well as potentially lower costs for their vehicles. And it's a core theme they have had at Honda/Acura historically. Keep weight down, use more efficient adequate power sources, achieve maximum range and a fun to drive character.

Again, just an idea.... but there's definitely room to innovate and bring something different to the market in the future EV segments.
There’s room to innovate on quality and usability too.

So as it turns out, they’ll innovate EVs in the same ways they do ICE vehicles.

6MTalltheway

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Various
I prefer not to buy any EV's at all and will vote accordingly. By fall of 2022, there's a chance the EV virtue signaling will be stalled. If Acura decides to overfocus on EV's, then I wouldn't be surprised if they don't get the kind of renewed interest they're looking for.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
:popcorn:

What the heck are you talking about?
Probably senate/house elections because he some reason thinks the EV push ONLY has to do with US politics and forgets the rest of the world exists to global companies.