• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Windshield Tinting

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
The installer warned me that once I drive a vehicle with a tinted windshield, I'll never want one without it... curious to see if he's right!
This is very true. For me at least. Can't go back. I asked my wife if we could at least add clear ceramic tint to her windshield.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Posted to show reference: Iā€™ve got 15% xpel ceramic all 5 doors (5% ceramic added to moonroof) and 75% xpel ceramic on the windshield. This pic was taken at dusk during the peak of those wildfires in Canada.
EDIT: 70% on windshield, not 75%
IMG_1251.jpeg

Dakei

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec 6MT
Iā€™m running Llumar CTX30% all-around and Llumar Air80% on my front windshield. 30% is perfectly visible in daylight or well-lit nighttime scenarios. Iā€™d admit I had a few scares while driving in the mountains at night with little to no illumination.

IMG_0561.jpeg

IMG_0562.jpeg

IMG_0482.jpeg

Dakei

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec 6MT
This is very true. For me at least. Can't go back. I asked my wife if we could at least add clear ceramic tint to her windshield.
Definitely go with that clear tint. I'm running 80% ceramic clear upfront and it's a night-and-day difference in sunny weather. Biggest benefit is your dashboard isn't radiating oven levels of heat into your face.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Definitely go with that clear tint. I'm running 80% ceramic clear upfront and it's a night-and-day difference in sunny weather. Biggest benefit is your dashboard isn't radiating oven levels of heat into your face.
oh for sure - I use 50% on mine - my wife just has poor vision so I told her we should go clear LOL

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
I'm running 70% windshield and 30% on the rest.
Now I need to do it again..
Can I see pics? That's the exact setup I am planning to run. Currently running 35% and 0% on Windshield and it's not quite dark enough for me.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Can I see pics? That's the exact setup I am planning to run. Currently running 35% and 0% on Windshield and it's not quite dark enough for me.
PXL_20220625_002406450.jpg

Suntek Ceramic Evolve tint

Last edited:

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks great, thanks!

Does anyone know how they tint the small windows in the rear? Do they need to remove paneling? It seems like you don't have much access to that window from inside the car.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Looks great, thanks!

Does anyone know how they tint the small windows in the rear? Do they need to remove paneling? It seems like you don't have much access to that window from inside the car.
Not sure how they do it.. but it was done.lol

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just have too many friends with GTIs with no tinted front corner windows because the tint shops refuse to do it!

OP
OP

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Looks great, thanks!

I had my A-Spec + Tech tinted by someone who definitely would've charged extra if they had to remove paneling to tint those rear windows, and they reported no issues.

OP
OP

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Update: I picked up my ITS from the tint shop yesterday, and I'm VERY pleased with the results. I went with 15% all around and 50% on the windshield. Now that I've driven a bit with a tinted windshield, I understand the hype. It's 100% worth the cost. My eyes are already grateful.

Next project is a polish then DIY ceramic.

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

Spunjer

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Honda civic
where in Ohio are you from? reason i'm asking is i'm looking for a shop that does it all (PPF, Tint, Ceramic coat) because i don't wanna have multiple appts (this is for my Integra)
here's a picture of my Civic which is 10% all around and 50% windshield. also keep in mind the darkness (or lightness) depends on what color interior you have.

20220421_173212-01.jpeg

OP
OP

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
where in Ohio are you from? reason i'm asking is i'm looking for a shop that does it all (PPF, Tint, Ceramic coat) because i don't wanna have multiple appts (this is for my Integra)
here's a picture of my Civic which is 10% all around and 50% windshield. also keep in mind the darkness (or lightness) depends on what color interior you have.

20220421_173212-01.jpeg
I suspect Mo's Tint King in Hilliard would do both PPF and tint, maybe ceramic--they did a great job blacking out the roof of my A-Spec + Tech but refused to fix a wrinkle they put in the tint on one of the back windows. I wouldn't go back, but they were nice guys overall.

Automotive Expressions in Westerville will do PPF and tint, probably ceramic as well--they did the PPF and color correction on the CTR I just picked up, and did a very nice job. It was ~$2,000 for Lumar PPF from the A-pillar forward. That's a fair price, not great, not terrible. They quoted me ~$950 for ceramic tint all around, which is a high price. I expect they'd be high for ceramic as well, but if you're looking for do-it-all, they're the guys to go with.

JM Tint in Valleyview did the tint on my ITS and it was ~$740 for ceramic all around. He did a terrific job, and I'll be taking my CTR to them.

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Its $500 to tint all the windows including the windshield here in Las Vegas.