• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Window Tint

Godsmack720

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tacoma
Those of you who have tinted the windows, any experience with 3M Crystalline? It seems pricey but compared to the Color Stay, it seems like it blocks out more heat. At least based on what the specs show on paper anyway. I’d like to know real world experiences. I know there’s a line between the two, ceramic film, but based on my research, it doesn’t have as high of ratings per reviews in comparison to the other two I mentioned. Summer temps get over 100 where I’m at and not unheard of to be 110+ so maybe it’s worth paying more if it makes that noticeable of a difference over the lower end films.

Also, as a bonus, if you could provide a pic and what %, or product (ex. CR50, CS35, etc.) you used, that would be appreciated.

One last thing. Did you also tint the sunroof glass?

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
I had 3M on one of my cars many years ago, didn’t like it too much. Don’t remember which type it was though

I have Suntek on my Integra, 20% all around, have had it on many of my other cars and I really like it. Keeps the car cool in the summer, it’s suppose to have over 90% heat protection

A3REDT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT, 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 6
Clear windshield, 75% driver and passenger, 35% rear. XPEL ceramic tint. Really happy with it, although I don't think I'd mind if the rear was a *little* darker. I do a lot of driving at night so didn't want anything too dark on the front especially. The ceramic tint helps a ton with heat rejection, which I appreciated during the summer! Didn't do the sunroof, the factory tint is adequate darkness-wise for me, and there's always the cover if you want it darker in the interior🤷

20221003_174902.jpg

20220827_083130.jpg

FrancisXavier

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Tacoma
3M Crystalline is definitely a high-end window tint, but it's known for its superior heat-blocking capabilities. Living in an area with extreme temperatures could be worth the investment. And when it comes to tinting the sunroof, it's really up to personal preference. Some people choose to tint it to match the rest of their windows, while others leave it untinted for a more open feel.
One thing I would suggest to complement your window tinting is using custom-made sunshades for your car. They can provide additional sun protection for you and your passengers while also helping to keep your car cooler.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I haven't heard many good things with 3M. I had SunTek on one of my cars for 8 years and no issues(carbon I think)
My aspec has Ceramic(more scratch resistant) running 30% all around and 70% on windshield. I would get a pic but it just rained and of course I washed and waxed it yesterday.