• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Who's using Spotify Successfully?

quickel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cruze
I did a search on here and in Goggle after trying to figure it out on the car itself as well. Just picked up an ITS this weekend and Android Auto by default started playing Pandora from my phone (and the steering wheel knob also would shift tracks through the Pandora. I didn't see an app for Spotify but it's primarily what I use.

If I manually go into my phone and play Spotify it plays through the car fine but as soon as I change the track with the car it switched it back to Pandora. I feel like this should be easy. How do I get Spotify as one of my apps? Spotify is installed on my phone but it doesn't show up in the list of Android Auto.

I also miss having a CD player :p (dates me, huh)

Thank you.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I am. You have to enable android auto developer mode. Then under developer enable unknown sources. It shows up. I'm also using a modded version of Spotify that disables ads.

Last edited:

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I have my phone (but itā€™s iPhone) always plugged in to the usb & never have issues. Iā€™ve never even tried wireless to be honest.

I wish there was still a cd player too. šŸ˜„

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I have my phone (but itā€™s iPhone) always plugged in to the usb & never have issues. Iā€™ve never even tried wireless to be honest.

I wish there was still a cd player too. šŸ˜„
Could be and Android issue being overly restrictive on what apps can be used on androidauto.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Could be and Android issue being overly restrictive on what apps can be used on androidauto.
Yeah, Iā€™m not sure but it seems like people have more issues with android auto and you think it would be easier since thereā€™s so many more options with that platform in general. Itā€™s definitely superior in that regard.

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Wait what the hell, Spotify always worked flawlessly on my android auto, I didnā€™t have to do anything?

You can tell google assistant to use Spotify, and you have to log in to your Spotify on google assistant, but thatā€™s the only thing I ever did.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Wait what the hell, Spotify always worked flawlessly on my android auto, I didnā€™t have to do anything?

You can tell google assistant to use Spotify, and you have to log in to your Spotify on google assistant, but thatā€™s the only thing I ever did.
Ah. I just use the Spotify app. Does the app appear or you have to use verbal commands?

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Ah. I just use the Spotify app. Does the app appear or you have to use verbal commands?
you know, I donā€™t actually know why you have login in Spotify through google assistant, as itā€™ll use the normal app regardless. But in order to not have to say ā€œ- using Spotifyā€ at the end of every assistant command, it requires you to login when you set it to default

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
you know, I donā€™t actually know why you have login in Spotify through google assistant, as itā€™ll use the normal app regardless. But in order to not have to say ā€œ- using Spotifyā€ at the end of every assistant command, it requires you to login when you set it to default
I just click on the app that's shows on Android auto. Then I can split screen with Waze and Spotify on the other side. Also can select playlists and everything from the touchscreen.

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
I just click on the app that's shows on Android auto. Then I can split screen with Waze and Spotify on the other side. Also can select playlists and everything from the touchscreen.
Thatā€™s the normal functionality, Iā€™m just confused as to how OP isnā€™t able to access it šŸ˜‚

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Thatā€™s the normal functionality, Iā€™m just confused as to how OP isnā€™t able to access it šŸ˜‚
It didn't show up with app install only. Same issue that I had.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
I use Apple car play. Spotify works as app on infotainment without issues. Voice to text from steering wheel control it just by saying playā€blahā€ by ā€œblahā€ since it is the default music app on my phone. No experience with andriod auto.
IMG_2117.jpeg

OP
OP
quickel

quickel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cruze
I am. You have to enable android auto developer mode. Then under developer enable unknown sources. It shows up. I'm also using a modded version of Spotify that disables ads.
This worked for me, thank you. I do use Android Auto but I also don't know why for me I had to go into developer mode but it works now.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
This worked for me, thank you. I do use Android Auto but I also don't know why for me I had to go into developer mode but it works now.
Awesome šŸ‘