• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Track Day/ Street Tires

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Looking for recommendations on a tire to rock on the street but also some HPDE events this season. I know it’s hard to pick a tire to do both, so I’m open to any and all suggestions for 200TW tires, just looking for something that might last a little longer then my set of 615k+ I have on my Miata as the integra is my daily and will see more miles.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Kuhmo V730 or Hankook RS4. recommended by Zygrene. Hankook may last longer.
however, I don't think any 200TW tire is going to hold up all that long.

OP
OP
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Kuhmo V730 or Hankook RS4. recommended by Zygrene. Hankook may last longer.
however, I don't think any 200TW tire is going to hold up all that long.
I only plan to run them in the summer and not year round so I’m just comparatively looking for something that wears at least a bit better than my experience so far with 615k+. I’ve had my eye on the v730 tho so thank u.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
The Bridgestone’s have been raved about as well. Not sure about wear though.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I agree. If I’m going to play on the track, I want the best tires especially for safety reasons regardless of cost. I likely say that bc I’m new to tracking also though. 😄

Balefire

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda RX7
If DD street miles are necessary, i would NOT recommend a 200 TW tire. These are intended for mostly autox or hpde.
200TW tires are terrible in the rain or even mild cold weather (32F to 45F). I have the V730 and RE71RS and can confirm they are unsafe in those DD street conditions.

Instead, consider one of these tires.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=317
I have the PS4S and ECS and they are a great all around DD, rain, light duty autox tire

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Ridgeline RTLE white/black, 24 DE5 white/black
Heck, money no issue I might go with a set of Michelin Sport Cup 2's!
SC2s have been excellent so far on track for me; I’m BARELY scratching the surface of the beginning of their limits. They are my dedicated track tires, though (on FL5 forged accessory rims). I went with them because they were vaguely marketed as an optional accessory for the FK8/FL5, so maybe a little bit of engineering went into it to match with this platform, or maybe not. I’ve read that they’re not very fun in the rain, so on wet track conditions I keep the stockers + PS4S on

Last edited: