• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

This wait will be the end of me!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm aware of the engine issues, I monitor the B6G forum as well. Doesn't affect me, although nobody said the 2.3 was perfect. In order to get the manual I had to get the 2.3 liter four. If I couldn't get a manual I wouldn't be buying the Bronco at all. I only buy vehicles with manual transmissions, so the 2.7 was never an option. Someday I'll buy electric and not be able to get a manual, that day is coming but it's not quite here yet.
Maybe someone will develop a fun electric vehicle with manual transmission

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1135114_toyota-patented-a-manual-transmission-for-electric-cars

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Maybe someone will develop a fun electric vehicle with manual transmission
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1135114_toyota-patented-a-manual-transmission-for-electric-cars
"The patent documents describe a shifter and clutch pedal that aren't connected to the electric motor, but can influence its operation through software." "Toyota is even looking to patent simulated stalls."

Yuck. Not interested. Same reason I'm not interested in paddle shifters on automatics. I enjoy actually controlling the car directly. If/when I go electric I don't want gimmicks like this. Electric vehicles are fun in their own way, better to accentuate their strengths than try to copy something that they are not.

01 2024 Acura Integra Type S.jpg

OP
OP
Josh2201

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra, 2020 Yamaha MT09
My dealer reached out a few days ago. Simply saying they expect their demo and other integras that are part of their launch package to come within the next couple weeks! I put a deposit down on one that they were alloted in their "launch" so it will be one of the first to arrive.
Meanwhile, the Civic si that I ordered mid March got pushed back to July 16. As long as Acura offers me a good trade....I'll go with that and back out of my si deal!

MLiveFree

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec w Tech (6MT)
I drove a demo Integra A-Spec w Tech 6MT near Akron OH today. Great overall look inside and out. Car was fun, but did feel a little underpowered. Thinking a 2.0T would’ve been the sweet spot. I’ll probably purchase anyway, because I value fuel economy…but it could use more power.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
More details please! Steering weight, exhaust note, clutch feel, etc.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I drove a demo Integra A-Spec w Tech 6MT near Akron OH today. Great overall look inside and out. Car was fun, but did feel a little underpowered. Thinking a 2.0T would’ve been the sweet spot. I’ll probably purchase anyway, because I value fuel economy…but it could use more power.
I'm going to create a separate thread for test drive takeaways--just got done driving one myself. Would love to know your thoughts as well!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Just got confirmation that my carbon 6 spd manual is built ... So 2 or 3 weeks

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Just drove my exact model.. when you turn off the car the seats move all the way back for easier exiting

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Just got confirmation that my carbon 6 spd manual is built ... So 2 or 3 weeks
Just curious since you preorder through Acura right? Did you get confirmation and VIN for the dealer of from Acura directly?

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Just drove my exact model.. when you turn off the car the seats move all the way back for easier exiting
Even better is that the Individual drive mode stays selected after the car is turned off.

On a related note, that name doesn’t sound or look right (too many letters). Feels like something they’ll change at some point. Either “Custom” or “Driver” works better.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Even better is that the Individual drive mode stays selected after the car is turned off.

On a related note, that name doesn’t sound or look right (too many letters). Feels like something they’ll change at some point. Either “Custom” or “Driver” works better.
Its not just individual mode. It’s any drive mode. And it’s tied to the key. If you drove with “key 1” (tech only) and used individual. And then “key 2” uses comfort. When you get back in with “key 1”, in addition to setting your seat to memory seat position 1 (saving the step of pushing the button) it also goes to the last drive mode you used on your key.

That’s the difference between the “Keyless Access” on base and aspec and “Keyless Access System with Acura Personalized Settings” on tech. On the spec sheet.

So a huge advantage to the tech imo is that we will never have to turn off auto start/stop. It will always drop into individual where I’ll have it turned off. If you like everything on sport, you could just roll with that since it’ll stay with your key and has auto stop off already (unless you want blue gauges with sport everything for example, then use individual). But let’s say you’re a long commuter and like comfort as your main mode. Well just set everything to comfort in individual mode but with auto start/stop off.

Basically tech people should exclusively be using individual mode with auto stop off. And it’ll stick to that.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
You can turn off the “Personalized Settings” in the car settings. When it’s off the keys become the same and the seats default to the last memory used (since they still move when they slide back for exiting) and you have to push the button on the door if you’re a different driver. The drive mode defaults to normal and you’d have to put it in individual etc each time. So with it on it saves 2 steps, pushing the seat memory button and the drive mode button.

Last edited:

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
You can turn off the “Personalized Settings” in the car settings. When it’s off the keys become the same and the seats default to the last memory used (since they still move when they slide back for exiting) and you have to push the button on the door if you’re a different driver. The drive mode defaults to normal and you’d have to put it in individual etc each time. So with it on it saves 2 steps, pushing the seat memory button and the drive mode button.
They deserve some credit for listening here. Many have complained about drive mode and auto stop/start not persisting across restarts.

Not only have they addressed those, they’ve really given personalization some thought and made some useful additions.

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
They deserve some credit for listening here. Many have complained about drive mode and auto stop/start not persisting across restarts.

Not only have they addressed those, they’ve really given personalization some thought and made some useful additions.
This should be the industry standard. Good on Acura for this.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Mine just Arrived... Inspected tomorrow. Not sure if I will be able to sleep tonight 🥳

Screenshot_20220602-181450.png

Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 8.20.32 AM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: