• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

That Pesky Gloss Black!

ebblue

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra A-Spec w/Tech
Hey all, I was wondering, how are you planning on taking care of the gloss black sections that are going to be in the interior?

Hoping some may be able to share some helpful tips, or even recommended products!

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
Hey all, I was wondering, how are you planning on taking care of the gloss black sections that are going to be in the interior?

Hoping some may be able to share some helpful tips, or even recommended products!
I'd just store a microfiber towel and a tiny spray bottle of dawn soap/water. It's the oils from your skin that mucks it up.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I think I'm digging the brushed aluminum.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
My wife’s 21 Sorento has a LOT of gloss black everywhere. A high quality MF cloth, not a cheap pack that comes with 20, like a $30 for 1 quality, does an excellent job at cleaning it scratch free.

I’m a little more worried about the gloss black on the outside. I might put some XPel on the B pillars.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
If I was super ambitious I would paint artwork over it but then the clear coating might be glossy anyway. Carbon fiber wrap or vinyl artwork would be cool.

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
I'll most likely cover it with some vinyl on the interior once it starts to become too much of an annoyance to maintain. I give it like 3 months haha.

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
Thread is a bit dead, but I'd consider a clear vinyl or ppf and letting an artsy family member or friend decorate it with an enamel paint marker ... relatively permanent, unique, and if it you don't like it, it's not the end of the world to pull the film off