• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sunroof wind noise

lowincash

First Name
Kin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 mazda cx-5
I haven't had a chance to test drive one yet. One thing I enjoy is driving with the sunroof open (all other windows closed) but almost all the cars I've had are always pretty loud. The only car I've had that was quiet with when I had the sunroof opened, driving at high speeds, was the 2002 nissan maxima. I noticed the roof is pretty flat on the teggy, similar to the maxima I had, so was wondering how's the noise level when driving with the sunroof fully opened :) Thanks for any input! Looking forward to testing one soon.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
FWIW, I crack one or both of the rears with the sunroof open and feels better to me.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I haven't had a chance to test drive one yet. One thing I enjoy is driving with the sunroof open (all other windows closed) but almost all the cars I've had are always pretty loud. The only car I've had that was quiet with when I had the sunroof opened, driving at high speeds, was the 2002 nissan maxima. I noticed the roof is pretty flat on the teggy, similar to the maxima I had, so was wondering how's the noise level when driving with the sunroof fully opened :) Thanks for any input! Looking forward to testing one soon.
I checked this out for you yesterday--I didn't find the noise from the sunroof to be an issue from 0-75mph, but didn't test it beyond that. It's super hot out here right now. There wasn't a need to open any other windows, and I didn't notice any buffeting in the car due to the sunroof being open on its own within this speed range.

All that said, there's enough audio in the Tech model that the sound of the car getting hit by a freight train could probably be drowned out. 😆

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I checked this out for you yesterday--I didn't find the noise from the sunroof to be an issue from 0-75mph, but didn't test it beyond that. It's super hot out here right now. There wasn't a need to open any other windows, and I didn't notice any buffeting in the car due to the sunroof being open on its own within this speed range.

All that said, there's enough audio in the Tech model that the sound of the car getting hit by a freight train could probably be drowned out. 😆
Lol. Isn't that the truth. I haven't turned mine past 10 yet.

OP
OP

lowincash

First Name
Kin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 mazda cx-5
thanks for testing it out :D Good to know it's quite peaceful with the sunroof open. Best feeling is cruising down the road with the sunroof open lol