• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Stock shift knob’s weight

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CTR
Thinking about copping an insulated acuity shift knob. I’m currently out of town n don’t have the ITS with me. Does anyone know how much the stock ITS shift knob weights ? Thanks ahead of time for your help.

OP
OP

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CTR
If .6 lbs is accurate. Thats about 272 grams. Thats way heavier than both the insulated sk that acuity sells. I’m going to have to rethink this. Not sure I want a lighter than stock shift knob.

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
01 civic
I love light shift knobs. I rock the Spoon Ti knob and it weighs as much as en egg shell.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
If .6 lbs is accurate. Thats about 272 grams. Thats way heavier than both the insulated sk that acuity sells. I’m going to have to rethink this. Not sure I want a lighter than stock shift knob.
I’ve had light shift knobs, somehow it felt cheaper without the power feeling when shifting. There is some notable mechanical feel however.

weighted shift knobs are a lot smoother. The momentum ensures it gets into the gear you want smoothly.
Heavier knobs inherently makes shift throws with more kinetic energy and momentum when set in motion than lightweight shift knob. This effect of carrying more momentum. This results in a smoother shift feel with less direct effort required to engage the next gear.

The ITS already feels amazing with OEM knob or the optional titanium heavy knob. The shifting action and feel is a huge reason we all love this car. It all has to do with shifting technique and style too as what you’ve been used to. Ideally, shift how the car wants to shift and less of how we want to. Things to consider before going lighter; this is just my opinion, others may feel differently

OP
OP

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CTR
I do like the feel of the stock sk. Just wanted something immune to temperature swings in Ohio. Thats the only reason thinking about swapping for me. Might just deal with it n stick with stock. N just save that loot.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I do like the feel of the stock sk. Just wanted something immune to temperature swings in Ohio. Thats the only reason thinking about swapping for me. Might just deal with it n stick with stock. N just save that loot.
Shift knob covers or pair of gloves in the glove compartment. I always have one anyway for winter or emergency tire changes/maintenance

imhenry66

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Does anyone know the part number to the ITS shift knob? I am thinking about getting one for my FK8. (Not sure if it fits but it looks like it would) Thanks!

OP
OP

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CTR
This should be the part number for the Ti shift knob. 08U92-S2A-100

Does anyone know the part number to the ITS shift knob? I am thinking about getting one for my FK8. (Not sure if it fits but it looks like it would) Thanks!

OP
OP

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CTR
Oh that's what you meant. Should be this PN: 54102-31M-A00ZC . Its super expensive new. Defy find a used one. GL

Thanks! I am actually interested in the OEM leather knob P/N. But I’ll save the Ti knob P/N as well. (If anyone is selling the OEM leather knob, please PM me.)

Acura_CSX_4eva

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
I think I'm going to get that. I just weighed by brand new 8th gen OEM shift knob and its 239g and the Acura TSX perforated is 240g.