• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Proportions are a little bit different that I was expecting but the rear end looks really promising

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
I was expecting a more pointy front, a bit less Civic like.

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
3DC507CE-DD86-4763-92F2-DBF74C598306.jpeg

It’s actually very reminiscent of this.
it is, I think I was just expecting something that harked a bit more towards a blended Integra/RSX front where it was less of just a blunt grill.

I'm also more of a fan of mirrors on the pillar not on the door. It looks more integrated instead of just Stuck on. It's one of the reasons I REALLY hated when the Si got a sedan version. The mirrors were moved to the door and made them look like an afterthought just stuck on. While the coupe still had them on the pillar.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I'm hopeful the full reveal will be promising, camo after all is meant to disguise and confuse. But a few things I noted when I could really examine the images closely...

- The front end does remind me a bit of the RLX/Legend front end especially the lower intake area, slightly disappointing as that seems like a design step backwards, however, the upper pointed grille treatment also has some strong Precision concept vibes which also had that kind of pointed bulging nose.

- As I had hoped, the Integra seems to borrow the flared fenders of the new CTR, giving it a wider and more aggressive stance

- I wish they had lowered the roofline slightly compared to the civic hatch just by an inch or two... the side windows seem so tall, and while I know Honda loves their airy cabins and lots of big glass, I like my performance oriented cars to feel a bit more... intimate with slightly shorter side window height. An upswept beltline would've helped this too.

- after comparing images back and forth, the load height for the hatch is definitely quite a bit higher on the Integra compared to the civic hatch, cargo loading won't be quite as easy, but the tradeoff is a better design IMO

- lastly, the back end profile doesn't seem quite as flat as the sketch they released, which is a bit of a letdown as it dulls the coupe-like shape and has the more rounded appearance of the civic hatch. Lowering the roofline a bit, or raising up the ending point of the hatch would've allowed for the more flat coupe look the drawing had.

I think perceived scale is playing a big part here as well... the car seems kind of large... but one has to remember that this will probably be almost the same exact height and length as the civic hatch, and imagining it in that context of size helps the sporty vibe. I'm still very excited to see it fully unwrapped and think very minor things like tinted windows will do a lot to help it really pull off the sport compact look. I'm also still very much hoping for a coupe variant to come that might lean even further into the styling but the 5 door is shaping up to be decent enough looking, and certainly better looking than the civic hatch. Now I just hope they get the power/performance vs cost in the right balance to make it really attractive.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CW CTR
Not what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be slightly bigger than a ILX for whatever reason. I never envisioned they would bring it back as what it appears a mid size sedan. I guess I gotta wait and see.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Not what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be slightly bigger than a ILX for whatever reason. I never envisioned they would bring it back as what it appears a mid size sedan. I guess I gotta wait and see.
It’s still a Compact. Remember these where taken in a different angle so hold judgement till then.

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
It's based on the 11th gen Civic hatch, so it's gonna be a compact. Pics are little deceiving

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The best way to envision the new Integra in terms of size and scale is using the 11th gen CTR as a starting point (it appears the Integra is getting the flared fenders similar to what the CTR has), and then just stick the acura front/rear on it. There's a few crease lines in the sides that are different from the civic, but roof height and such appear to be basically the same.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
The best way to envision the new Integra in terms of size and scale is using the 11th gen CTR as a starting point (it appears the Integra is getting the flared fenders similar to what the CTR has), and then just stick the acura front/rear on it. There's a few crease lines in the sides that are different from the civic, but roof height and such appear to be basically the same.
Yeah basically and that CTR is THICCCC. Not three C’s but four C’s that’s when you know it’s Thick.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah basically and that CTR is THICCCC. Not three C’s but four C’s that’s when you know it’s Thick.
I'm not sure they'll do the flares quite as much as the CTR, possibly reserve the CTR level flares for the Type S... but the fenders on the regular Integra are definitely more flared than they are on the regular Civic hatch.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I'm not sure they'll do the flares quite as much as the CTR, possibly reserve the CTR level flares for the Type S... but the fenders on the regular Integra are definitely more flared than they are on the regular Civic hatch.
I think Acura does flares differently then Honda. If we look back to the TLX when it got revealed, Acura stated that the TLX had Type S in mind which is why it has the wide rear arches on the rear with the Base and Type S versions. I think that it’ll be the same case here when Acura/Honda designed it.