• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I think Acura does flares differently then Honda. If we look back to the TLX when it got revealed, Acura stated that the TLX had Type S in mind which is why it has the wide rear arches on the rear with the Base and Type S versions. I think that it’ll be the same case here when Acura/Honda designed it.
That's a fair assessment to make. Comparing the CTR spy shots and the admittedly grainy Integra shots, they don't appear quite as pronounced as the CTR, but that could just be the angle.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I tried superimposing that front teaser from a while back with the image flipped but I couldn't get it to match up right. It must be rendered or the angle is way off.. the headlights look a bit too large.
I’m thinking the original image was a render, looks like where the “check mark” on the headlight is in the teaser is
That's a fair assessment to make. Comparing the CTR spy shots and the admittedly grainy Integra shots, they don't appear quite as pronounced as the CTR, but that could just be the angle.
we also don’t know how thick the camo layer is as well.

It seems like the front of the car has a really thick layer still, maybe to hide some of the flared fenders. Looking at the corner of the headlight it seems like there’s a visible bulge under it, assuming that towards the bottom of the fender it widens out more

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The roof line looks exactly like the 2022 civic hatchback (as opposed to the sedan). Since we know it’s a 5 door hatch and based on the civic. Safe bet those are the dimensions.

Vromvromvromnascar

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Honda Civic si sedan
it is, I think I was just expecting something that harked a bit more towards a blended Integra/RSX front where it was less of just a blunt grill.

I'm also more of a fan of mirrors on the pillar not on the door. It looks more integrated instead of just Stuck on. It's one of the reasons I REALLY hated when the Si got a sedan version. The mirrors were moved to the door and made them look like an afterthought just stuck on. While the coupe still had them on the pillar.
Wow..your gonna hate the si sedan cause the placement of the mirrors ? Wow is all I can say without getting kicked off the foruM, as an si sedan owner I find your comment stupid, no offense thou

HKF

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Wow..your gonna hate the si sedan cause the placement of the mirrors ? Wow is all I can say without getting kicked off the foruM, as an si sedan owner I find your comment stupid, no offense thou
On the other hand, I think mirrors on the doors look more premium and they enhance visibility!

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The major reasoning between pillar mounted and door mounted side mirrors comes down to wind noise. Door mounted mirrors produce less wind noise/vibration into the the car than pillar mounted type, which, for a premium vehicle less noise is better typically, it's also the same reason Honda did it on the 11th gen civic (and a few others off and on). Aesthetically speaking... I like pillar mounted mirrors because they do look more integrated... but in the grand scheme of things the mount style of the side mirrors doesn't honestly make a difference for me personally as long as they function as intended.

I want the US to finally allow camera based side mirrors so we can just have super slim side wings, (the Honda e in the UK has these) knowing that a wide angle camera has a better overall view of the road than any mirror ever will. Of course this means having to integrate more screens into the interior which is where the real cost comes from. I kind of hate that Honda did away with lane watch and opted for traditional blind spot monitor indicators. I trust what I can see more than an indicator light. But in terms of safety systems I'll live with whatever I have, I learned to drive knowing to look over my shoulder for my blind spots.

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
Yeah, weird how people have different personal preferences isnt it. Crazy world.

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
The major reasoning between pillar mounted and door mounted side mirrors comes down to wind noise. Door mounted mirrors produce less wind noise/vibration into the the car than pillar mounted type, which, for a premium vehicle less noise is better typically, it's also the same reason Honda did it on the 11th gen civic (and a few others off and on). Aesthetically speaking... I like pillar mounted mirrors because they do look more integrated... but in the grand scheme of things the mount style of the side mirrors doesn't honestly make a difference for me personally as long as they function as intended.

I want the US to finally allow camera based side mirrors so we can just have super slim side wings, (the Honda e in the UK has these) knowing that a wide angle camera has a better overall view of the road than any mirror ever will. Of course this means having to integrate more screens into the interior which is where the real cost comes from. I kind of hate that Honda did away with lane watch and opted for traditional blind spot monitor indicators. I trust what I can see more than an indicator light. But in terms of safety systems I'll live with whatever I have, I learned to drive knowing to look over my shoulder for my blind spots.
I like how other makers have at least put it right under the pillar to make it almost look like its still connected to the pillar. Hondas to me usually looks like they just stick it on the door and called it a day. Engineering wise does it work? Yeah, but it looks like they didn't call back in a designer to find a form/function compromise.

Last edited:

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I used this spy shot to make a (what I feel) accurate looking sketch of the Integra in color and without camo. Enjoy!

2023 Acura Integra by RobbJK @ IntegraForums.com.jpg

Reactions: HKF