• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Similarities between Acura Integra adaptive suspension and Civic Si ?

jds

First Name
Jaosn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra ASPEC
Ive owned both. I drove SI for 8k and my interga for about 1500. the SI suspension is slight more aggresive than the integra in sport mode. I hit deer in my SI and couldnt find another one so i bought an integra.

addy27190

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS250
Ive owned both. I drove SI for 8k and my interga for about 1500. the SI suspension is slight more aggresive than the integra in sport mode. I hit deer in my SI and couldnt find another one so i bought an integra.
hey. I may end up in the same boat. Have 7000 miles on the Si but the cabin noise really bothers me. A couple of questions if you can chime in.

1) How is the cabin noise difference between the two ? Is the Acura significantly quieter like a luxury brand car should be ?
2) How different are the sound systems, Bose vs ELS ?

thanks !

OP
OP

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
hey. I may end up in the same boat. Have 7000 miles on the Si but the cabin noise really bothers me. A couple of questions if you can chime in.

1) How is the cabin noise difference between the two ? Is the Acura significantly quieter like a luxury brand car should be ?

thanks !
I haven't driven the Si or Civic Sedan/Hatch yet, so I can't compare road noise and audio between them and the Integra, but an additional opinion may help.

#1 The ELS is fantastic.

#2 Road noise is acceptable, there is some, and it'll probably be less than what you experience in the Si but not on par with something like the the TLX / Lexus ES. Lots of youtube reviews also mention the amount of road noise and they were right. It isn't a 100% luxury experience. Just remember that the Integra shares a platform with the Civic. The Acura weighs about 150lbs more than the Si so it has more sound deadening materials, but also the hatch body, electronic seats, etc. add weight, too, so who knows how much additional deadening material there is.

I see a common pattern in youtube / owner reviews of the Civic/Integra in that road noise can be lessened by the type of tire used.

Also, I see you're from Michigan. Any input on how stiff the Si is over our bumpy, potholed roads? If it wasn't for the road noise, would you keep the Si?

EDIT: also, do you have any input on if the Si suspension gets stiffer in the winter? I heard the Si stiffens up in the winter.

addy27190

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS250
Thank you for the feedback ! I agree in that most people say itā€™s not a true luxury experience mainly because it shares the platform with a civic. That makes it really tough for me. The only option I then see is to get into a GLI/GTI but I absolutely love the shift/suspension/steering set up of the Honda/Acura. Not to mention none of the other cars offer rev matching. Which for day to day drives is a great feature to have

back to your question, I absolutely love the Siā€™s ride/handling balance. Yes our roads are crappy but I personally havenā€™t felt it unbearable any single time. And I believe the main reason for that is, it really rewards you with the nice suspension/steering set up.

You are right about the winter. I heard that too. I got mine in late April so canā€™t comment on that yet.

is your integra a white one ? I saw a white one on 275S near Plymouth this past Saturday, wondering if it was you šŸ˜ƒ

jds

First Name
Jaosn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra ASPEC

thanks !
I dont notice much in the cabin noise, if anything the acura is slightly better. The ELS system is the best car stereo ive ever had. The Bose was better than a typical honda factory system but not by much.

the SI is a tad bit faster and just a little better handleing. If i could have found an acura and SI for MSRP i'd take the SI all day. unfortunately thats not the situation most will find them selves in

addy27190

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS250
I dont notice much in the cabin noise, if anything the acura is slightly better. The ELS system is the best car stereo ive ever had. The Bose was better than a typical honda factory system but not by much.

the SI is a tad bit faster and just a little better handleing. If i could have found an acura and SI for MSRP i'd take the SI all day. unfortunately thats not the situation most will find them selves in
Got it. Thanks for your input. I was extremely fortunate to get my Si for MSRP.

OP
OP

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Got it. Thanks for your input. I was extremely fortunate to get my Si for MSRP.
Which Honda dealer sold you the Si at MSRP. Is it that dealer's policy to sell at MSRP or was the transaction more influenced by your individual salesperson?

I'm creating a list of Michigan Honda dealers that potentially sell for MSRP. So far I have Crown Motors Honda in Holland and Fischer Honda in Ypsi. Some dude in the CivicXI forums claimed that Crown Motors Honda pre-ordered a CTR for him at MSRP and another guy bought a 2.0T Accord from Fischer Honda at MSRP, too. They're enough of a lead, though.

addy27190

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS250
Which Honda dealer sold you the Si at MSRP. Is it that dealer's policy to sell at MSRP or was the transaction more influenced by your individual salesperson?

I'm creating a list of Michigan Honda dealers that potentially sell for MSRP. So far I have Crown Motors Honda in Holland and Fischer Honda in Ypsi. Some dude in the CivicXI forums claimed that Crown Motors Honda pre-ordered a CTR for him at MSRP and another guy bought a 2.0T Accord from Fischer Honda at MSRP, too. They're enough of a lead, though.
I got mine from tamaroff Honda. Not sure if it was the dealer or the sales person or just luck. They didnā€™t have a mark up on the Si but had a mandatory protection package that I was bent on not paying for. After a few hours the salesperson came back and said they will take it off. Funny thing is, I got mine exactly 14 days after I first talked to the sales guy about the Si. Extremely lucky.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
When reviewing a car's ride, never underestimate the importance of tire sidewall. When the brakes allow it, you can downsize the wheel size to improve the ride.
I test drove a '22 Civic Sport with 18" wheels and did not like the ride. My son had a 2018 2.0T-Sport, and the spaciousness is great, but those big wheels detracted from the ride for me. IMHO, the adaptive suspension in the Integra makes it smoother than both, when in Comfort mode.

I'm still thinking about switching to 17", but not sure about it at all.

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Insight, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Outback
Thank you for the feedback ! I agree in that most people say itā€™s not a true luxury experience mainly because it shares the platform with a civic. That makes it really tough for me. The only option I then see is to get into a GLI/GTI but I absolutely love the shift/suspension/steering set up of the Honda/Acura. Not to mention none of the other cars offer rev matching. Which for day to day drives is a great feature to have

back to your question, I absolutely love the Siā€™s ride/handling balance. Yes our roads are crappy but I personally havenā€™t felt it unbearable any single time. And I believe the main reason for that is, it really rewards you with the nice suspension/steering set up.

You are right about the winter. I heard that too. I got mine in late April so canā€™t comment on that yet.

is your integra a white one ? I saw a white one on 275S near Plymouth this past Saturday, wondering if it was you šŸ˜ƒ
Have considered the Mazda 3? You can get a manual with a naturally aspirated engine or an automatic with a turbo engine that produces more power and torque than the Integra.

addy27190

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS250
Have considered the Mazda 3? You can get a manual with a naturally aspirated engine or an automatic with a turbo engine that produces more power and torque than the Integra.
Itā€™s funny you bring Mazda into the mix. I actually had the 2019 Mazda 3 hatchback premium with the MT before my Si. Put 25k miles on it, great daily driver. But it just lacked little bit of the personality that old Mazdas are known for. The previous generation mazda 3s had a great steering/suspension set up. 2019 and up in my opinion lost some of that for comfort/ride quality.

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Insight, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Outback
Itā€™s funny you bring Mazda into the mix. I actually had the 2019 Mazda 3 hatchback premium with the MT before my Si. Put 25k miles on it, great daily driver. But it just lacked little bit of the personality that old Mazdas are known for. The previous generation mazda 3s had a great steering/suspension set up. 2019 and up in my opinion lost some of that for comfort/ride quality.
I have a CX-9 and test drove a Mazda 3 before buying the Integra. The Mazda 3 I test drove was in soul crystal red, same as my CX-9. I didnā€™t want the same color and the back seat and trunk felt a bit small. There arenā€™t many choices in the sporty and not cheap hatchback segment.

I really like the minimalistic dashboard and the solid feel of the Mazda. In comparison, I find the Integra to be a bit tinny, may be a consequence of weight saving. I like the response of the naturally aspirated engine better than that if turbocharged engines.