• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Similarities between Acura Integra adaptive suspension and Civic Si ?

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Hello all, I’m in the market for a new Civic Si, but my problem is that there aren’t any available for test drive within 200 miles of me. I checked for the new Integra and I’m in luck, there’s one available on the lot at my local Acura dealership. Hopefully it won’t be sold by the time I attempt a test drive (ideally this weekend).

I was wondering if anyone here who owns an Integra can comment on the similarities between the Integra adaptive suspension (especially regarding sport mode) and the Si suspension. I can’t remember where I heard or watched it, but I thought I heard that the Si and Integra sport mode suspensions are very similar in nature.

Thanks!

OP
OP

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
P.S. I am cross-posting this with the CivicXI forum. Thanks all in advance.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I may be wrong but the new SI does NOT have adaptive suspension from what I recall. ONLY the 10th gen did. The 11th gen Si has a tradition suspension I remember people complaining it was removed, but then other saying "who cares it did almost nothing and you couldn't tell if it was on or not".

OP
OP

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I understand that the Si doesn't have adaptive suspension. But the integra is my only real shot at test driving something similar to the Si. I heard that the Acura in sport mode is similar in firmness to the Si. Just wondering if anyone can confirm.

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
I was in a similar boat trying to find an Si. I will say that I’m happy that I bought the Integra. I haven’t driven the Si, so I can’t confirm, but my initial (and uneducated) impression is that the driving modes on the integra affect the throttle response more than the suspension. Interested in what people with more miles in think.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
There is a noticeable different between sport and comfort. I did hear that the integra sport is close yet slightly softer than the Si.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@RRP RSX-S is right--the Integra's Sport setting is slightly softer than the Si's.

@chopsuey34 are you hoping to find a brand new Si? Or is your goal to find one used? I read previously that dealerships were no longer seeing the Si in their system as an available model, suggesting they may be putting them on hold until 2023. Any used Si I've come across has been at/above the Integra at MSRP.

OP
OP

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
There is a noticeable different between sport and comfort. I did hear that the integra sport is close yet slightly softer than the Si.
So I managed to test drive the Integra in my area yesterday. RRP RSX is right in that there's a noticeable difference between comfort and sport modes. Sport mode was tighter and flatter going around some tight slow and medium curves while comfort mode would really make the difference in a 3-4 hour road trip.

I felt that the sport mode was too stiff, honestly I didn't like it. It wasn't the firmness. Instead, there was this abruptness when I would drive over road imperfections. I'm in a pickle now because if the Si is even firmer than the Integra sport mode, I definitely won't like it. I'll have to try a Civic sedan/hatchback to see if those will be ok. The Integra did impress me, but at around $10k more than an Si and mid-level Civic, its a hard sell. The only luxury features I really care about are the adaptive suspension and ELS audio (fantastic), but not sure those are worth the markup.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
You may want to really shop the Civic before you give up on the Integra. I was looking to get a Civic Sport Touring, but couldn't find a dealer anywhere around me that wasn't adding $6k to the MSRP. That put it pretty close to the Integra I want (tech/MT). The first Acura dealer I called said they sell at MSRP. The minor cost difference is worth it for the LSD and a little more power.

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
You may want to really shop the Civic before you give up on the Integra. I was looking to get a Civic Sport Touring, but couldn't find a dealer anywhere around me that wasn't adding $6k to the MSRP. That put it pretty close to the Integra I want (tech/MT). The first Acura dealer I called said they sell at MSRP. The minor cost difference is worth it for the LSD and a little more power.
that was exactly my experience, every dealer I went to, wanted $3k-5k over MSRP for the Si. One ven wanted $35k for a used Si with 5k miles. Meanwhile the first Acura dealership wanted MSRP which made the decision very easy for me

Xhilr8n!

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lotus Elise, Civic Si, Tundra, Tacoma, 720
Honda planned it that way all along. The Si was smoke and mirrors to get our attention. They never built many but put these Integra demos in every dealership.

Can’t blame them, Profit needs to happen. But I’ve no interest in any of their models if I had to drive them. Great cars but no appeal for my uses.

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
So about those driving modes. I wonder if my trouble differentiating them is the fact that there aren’t many windy roads in my immediate area. What differences should I be feeling in sport vs comfort once I get out of town?

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
In comfort, ride is definitely a little smoother. You don’t feel the road as much. The biggest thing I notice is throttle response. If you’re cruising in comfort and tap tap tap the throttle it won’t jerk the car like it would in sport. The dampened throttle response can also make gear changes easier on passengers, especially for MT learners.

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
In comfort, ride is definitely a little smoother. You don’t feel the road as much. The biggest thing I notice is throttle response. If you’re cruising in comfort and tap tap tap the throttle it won’t jerk the car like it would in sport. The dampened throttle response can also make gear changes easier on passengers, especially for MT learners.
I’ve been flipping modes trying to tell if rougher roads feel better in comfort. It almost feels like the car “rolls” more with the bumps in comfort. As for the throttle response, my wife agrees with you about MT learners and passenger comfort. 😬

OP
OP

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
You're right, the Integra isn't down and out yet depending on Civic markups. I think the ultimate car I'll buy will come down to whether I can get MSRP or not. The MT Integra is around $37-38k but at that price it also competes against the Accord Sport 2.0T, which I'd also consider given the price and especially with the new generation coming out next year. The Accord doesn't have a manual and LSD but has a lot more space and a more powerful engine. It just complicates the algebra and calculus of buying a Honda/Acura product in the next 6-12 months.