• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Screen Protector?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Has anyone used one on the infotainment screen before? There are a ton available on Amazon for dozens of different car models.

I like the idea of it. Makes for an easy wipe down. My screen on my 22 Bronco Sport has super fine scratches when the light hits it a certain way from the dealer wiping it once.

But I’m wondering about car heat and the adhesive. Do you think it’ll just slide off one day leaving goo on the screen?

I’m looking at this one currently. Seems to have the best reviews. Some of the others have fitment issues on corners. They make one for the 7” and 9” screens.

Screen Protector Film for 2022 Civic 11th Generation (9In) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099FDHBGP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_A139W32F8H7N5H22GGPD

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
I put one on my 19 Silverado and loved it, cleaned up without worrying about scratching it, and strangely enough it did add a nice glossy look to the screen. Had no issue with touchscreen function, and in the Florida heat and humidity it stayed on with no problems.

I did worry because there was a gap between the radio and the trim that it could fall into on that truck, and I was terrified if it fell I'd break it and cut myself getting it out. I also paid between $15-$20 for it, and I'm sure there are probably better and not so good ones available.

I also worry a bit because some things use the touchscreen to dissipate heat, and putting a thicker cover on it could affect it. However, in a car, it's either screaming hot from sitting in the sun and off, or typically climate controlled with AC or at least open windows when running

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
OP
OP
RRP RSX-S

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
That brand was my second choice. But several reviews said the corners weren’t cut right and stick up from misalignment. Also the hole cut outs for the buttons on the left were off a bit on many of the pictures even though the protector was as far as it could go to one side.

The one I linked in the first post is what I ordered and the reviews say it fits perfectly and the hole cut outs look good in the pics.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
That brand was my second choice. But several reviews said the corners weren’t cut right and stick up from misalignment. Also the hole cut outs for the buttons on the left were off a bit on many of the pictures even though the protector was as far as it could go to one side.

The one I linked in the first post is what I ordered and the reviews say it fits perfectly and the hole cut outs look good in the pics.
Did you install it yet? I just ordered the screen protector and it should be here tomorrow. Im still rocking the factory protector

OP
OP
RRP RSX-S

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Don’t have her yet :( It’s built, just waiting on transit.

But let me know how it goes on.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Don’t have her yet :( It’s built, just waiting on transit.

But let me know how it goes on.
Will do.. man this thing drives nice. Not sure if more than 200hp is needed since it's already hard to keep it at the speed limit.

stellarrock

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Had: 2018 Civic Type R
A heads up for anyone thinking about getting a screen protector, DO NOT buy the "Moonlinks" one for the 11th gen Civic from Amazon. It fits fine, but the adhesive is defective. It's only been 2 weeks since install and sections are already unpeeling and creating small pockets underneath.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

I picked up the one you mentioned but it won't stay stuck on the lowe 1" of the screen. Creates a huge air pocket there.

IntegraAgain

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5th Gen 2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT - PWP
OP
OP
RRP RSX-S

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I picked up the one you mentioned but it won't stay stuck on the lowe 1" of the screen. Creates a huge air pocket there.
I’m having the same issue in the same spot. It fits and feels great. But that bottom edge doesn’t like to stick. I’m order another to see how it does. End of the day I guess it’s still better than none.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I’m having the same issue in the same spot. It fits and feels great. But that bottom edge doesn’t like to stick. I’m order another to see how it does. End of the day I guess it’s still better than none.
True.