• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Safety System Warnings

dshedrick

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 MDX Type S Adv/Integra A-Spec Tech (on order)
Picked up our new Integra today and on the way home my wife informed me about numerous safety system errors. When we got a hold of the dealer, the service center was closed, so now we have to wait until Monday to have it addressed. Sales person recommended we do not drive the vehicle. It appears to me some system checks were missed during delivery. Has anyone seen this before?

Also, has anyone had any issues getting the AcuraLink App to scan the VIN barcode? I can’t get my app to confirm “I’m with the vehicle”…. Didn’t have any of these issues with our MDX-S

59655BDC-C045-4C60-A73B-3AB9A377C208.jpeg

D3BE7BF6-7552-43B7-8327-B7B1D2A5E0BD.jpeg

7B6FF0F0-ECA3-472F-9D96-149332F25393.jpeg

EFF5FE83-63B6-4EEE-8353-6728291025BE.jpeg

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
Have you turned on the car again? My 2017 Civic did this a couple times during the 4 years I had it but turning car completely off and then turning it back on made it go away. If it still doesn’t go away, I think it’s fine to drive back to the dealer with these errors, you just won’t have any of the advanced safety features.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
I have the same exact issue trying to set up AcuraLink. Let me know if you get it resolved and I'll do the same.
Sorry this happened to you on a brand new car!

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
Sorry you're getting all these errors, hopefully the dealers clears them up

As far as getting the AcuraLink app to sync mine froze at first but was able to get it on the second try. Just make sure the car has been turned off for a while before trying.

OP
OP
dshedrick

dshedrick

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have you turned on the car again? My 2017 Civic did this a couple times during the 4 years I had it but turning car completely off and then turning it back on made it go away. If it still doesn’t go away, I think it’s fine to drive back to the dealer with these errors, you just won’t have any of the advanced safety features.
Odd thing is, we did this several times on Saturday and the errors didn't clear. I decided to drive the car yesterday for about 15 minutes. When I came back to the vehicle (about an hour later), all errors cleared and all safety functions started to work. We haven't heard from the dealer at this time, but I'm guessing they will still want to check the vehicle.

OP
OP
dshedrick

dshedrick

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sorry you're getting all these errors, hopefully the dealers clears them up

As far as getting the AcuraLink app to sync mine froze at first but was able to get it on the second try. Just make sure the car has been turned off for a while before trying.
Our issue is the app is not scanning the barcode. I haven't tried it since yesterday, but I'll try again today. If it doesn't work, I'll call support. Our MDX didn't have any problems adding it to the app.

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
I've had a couple minor "ghost" problems but nothing like that ... drivers door wouldn't open from the outside handle after filling gas, even using the unlock button on the remote but hasn't happened since ... also while auto-off had the motor turned off at pay kiosk for a touchless wash the car turned off completely and I had to use the button to start back up ... also only 1-time so far ...

I'm glad it seems to be working for you now, but I'd definitely bring it to be looked at ... I also set my phone so double tapping the power button opens my camera so that if anything happens again I can quickly get it on film or video, just in case they can't replicate it and if I need make a lemon claim

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
I'd look for patterns in when it works and doesn't. If it is unpredictable it could be software related. Try updating or resetting everything to a factory default.

OP
OP
dshedrick

dshedrick

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have the same exact issue trying to set up AcuraLink. Let me know if you get it resolved and I'll do the same.
Sorry this happened to you on a brand new car!
I successfully got the app to read the vin barcode. I moved my phone about 6 to 8 inches away from the sticker (when it became focused) and it picked up the code pretty quickly. Ignore the instructions stating to fill the window (image is not focused when you do that). Good Luck!

OP
OP
dshedrick

dshedrick

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've had a couple minor "ghost" problems but nothing like that ... drivers door wouldn't open from the outside handle after filling gas, even using the unlock button on the remote but hasn't happened since ... also while auto-off had the motor turned off at pay kiosk for a touchless wash the car turned off completely and I had to use the button to start back up ... also only 1-time so far ...

I'm glad it seems to be working for you now, but I'd definitely bring it to be looked at ... I also set my phone so double tapping the power button opens my camera so that if anything happens again I can quickly get it on film or video, just in case they can't replicate it and if I need make a lemon claim
Spoke too soon, hahah. AcuraWatch freaked out again today when my wife was driving home from work. She has about a 15 mile drive between home/work and the errors started about 2 miles from home. Car is going in on Wednesday.

OP
OP
dshedrick

dshedrick

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Quick update. Dropped off the vehicle to our Dealer on Wednesday. They experienced the same issue we did, intermittent AcuraWatch errors. The techs at the dealership had no idea what the issue was. Acura corp told them to check for excess grease in the wheel well. Apparently some is added during production and it should be a small amount. If there is too much, it interferes with the sensor. They cleaned that up and it "appears" the errors have stopped. Should get the car back today.

OP
OP
dshedrick

dshedrick

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Incase anyone is still following this string, the warning lights reappeared on 11/7 while we were heading out of town for the night. As usual the warning lights did go out after a couple of restarts, but reappeared on our way home. We went straight to the dealer and left the vehicle with them on 11/8.

As of today, the vehicle remains at the dealership. Acura requested the techs to replace several sensors. While doing so, one of the sensors indicated a hub issue. Acura order a new part (hub/bearings) and are replacing the failed part today. I assume we'll get the car back on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Incase anyone is still following this string, the warning lights reappeared on 11/7 while we were heading out of town for the night. As usual the warning lights did go out after a couple of restarts, but reappeared on our way home. We went straight to the dealer and left the vehicle with them on 11/8.

As of today, the vehicle remains at the dealership. Acura requested the techs to replace several sensors. While doing so, one of the sensors indicated a hub issue. Acura order a new part (hub/bearings) and are replacing the failed part today. I assume we'll get the car back on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.
Interesting. I noticed a lot of grease on the front passenger rim. Washed most of it off this summer but found it odd there was so much and only on that one wheel

T3ggy2023

First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A Spec Tech

hi there I’m a new owner of a 2023 Acura integra a spec tech and are currently dealing with the same exact issues. Was lucky enough to find this online as the dealership I go to didn’t have much info on the issue either. I was wondering did this get resolved after the last visit or are you still dealing with the issue?

OP
OP
dshedrick

dshedrick

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
yes the issues has been resolved. There was a sensor (I believer drive side front) that was not functioning properly. They replaced the sensor and adjusted the placement. We have not had any further problems.

Hope this helps.