• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Reviews Are In For The 2022 Si and Reviewers are loving the Si!

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Based on Motortrends instrumented tests.... slower acceleration, longer braking distances, less grip, way more refinement and daily driveability but at an additional $2k in price with less features. Not sure this bodes well for the probably heavier Integra (assuming they don't bump power and do other tuning tweaks) the base integra is going to end up as slow as it's regular civic cousin. Not sure that's worth $30k+ in price when there are better performers in that price arena.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Based on Motortrends instrumented tests.... slower acceleration, longer braking distances, less grip, way more refinement and daily driveability but at an additional $2k in price with less features. Not sure this bodes well for the probably heavier Integra (assuming they don't bump power and do other tuning tweaks) the base integra is going to end up as slow as it's regular civic cousin. Not sure that's worth $30k+ in price when there are better performers in that price arena.
Some of those stats also depend on if the car has the all-season or summer tires and what the old car had they are comparing to. Temps also are a matter, its colder right now, what season did the last car some out? For example its in the upper 30's/lower 40's here. Not something that I'd expect Summer tires to perform well in.

MT also somehow got 0.4 sec slower than C&D's 1/4 times.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I still believe they made all of those reductions to make room for the integra. $30k will be a great deal to get that refinement and fun drivability because they will add in most if not all of the things the Si should have had.

From there, as a base integra, it isn’t supposed to have crazy awesome numbers. That’s what the type s is for. There might be better performance cars at that price point. But they will lack in other areas the integra excels at. It’s always a trade off. The base should be fun to drive. Not super fast.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Some of those stats also depend on if the car has the all-season or summer tires and what the old car had they are comparing to. Temps also are a matter, its colder right now, what season did the last car some out? For example its in the upper 30's/lower 40's here. Not something that I'd expect Summer tires to perform well in.

MT also somehow got 0.4 sec slower than C&D's 1/4 times.
These cars may or may not be broken in as well. These days many manufactures have the ECU retard timing until a certain mileage since they know people will hammer it as soon as they get it. It’s to protect the motor during break in.

My mustang for example was measurably faster once it hit 2500 miles or something like that. I can’t remember the exact number.

But if Hondata is saying it has 220hp and 200tq. Some of these 7-8 second 0-60 times just don’t make sense. So it’s definitely possible.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I think savage geese said it best about 2 elements. First he talked about how the old Si and even the new sport touring hatch fall on their face at the high end and you feel the need to downshift a lot. This one you don’t and it wants to rev and pull to the redline. The tune is tons better.

Second he said how the cost cutting stuff, like no seat heaters or wireless charging, the target enthusiast for the Si won’t care that they’re gone. He’s right. But the target Acura integra buy will miss them. Which is why it’s a little more expensive than the Si. So it can add that stuff back in.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
I thought that review was stupid. How can you compare two reviews taken years apart, probably different surfaces, different weather - and say 0.2 sec 1/4 mi difference is statistically significant.

Ignore that nonsense. Everyone seems to love it so far.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think savage geese said it best about 2 elements. First he talked about how the old Si and even the new sport touring hatch fall on their face at the high end and you feel the need to downshift a lot. This one you don’t and it wants to rev and pull to the redline. The tune is tons better.
I don't notice that in my Si, nothing like a stock WRX, which feels like it hits a brick wall at 4500 rpm.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 SI
Are you guys expecting negative reviews? Generally speaking, all of these reviewers got flown in, wined and dined, and put up in a nice hotel to come and review said car. Do you think they would write anything particularly negative? That is a great way to not get invited next time while losing access to Honda's press cars.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I don't notice that in my Si, nothing like a stock WRX, which feels like it hits a brick wall at 4500 rpm.
Compared to the new one you might notice it.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Are you guys expecting negative reviews? Generally speaking, all of these reviewers got flown in, wined and dined, and put up in a nice hotel to come and review said car. Do you think they would write anything particularly negative? That is a great way to not get invited next time while losing access to Honda's press cars.
That’s not how it works in the car review world. Some reviewers choose to do that sure. Kiss ass and stuff. But the ones that I watch at least tell it how it is.

Last edited:

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I generally prefer comparison tests, cause that forces them to pick a winner, although usually they love every car anyway. When a car magazine subscription costs $1/issue, it’s not the readers paying the bills.

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
A lot of reviews seem to comment on the firm ride. Ànd the cars were driven in California, not known for potholes and frost heaves.

No more adaptive suspension like last gen.

I'm waiting for the Integra.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I definitely prefer reviews/tests done by independent car people. Less the large publications that could potentially be getting paid to say things, more the reviews from the small car guys on youtube and such. And like to compare/contrast as many reviews and tests as possible. There's always variables (especially with small turbo engined cars). It's more about establishing the average than only relying on the best of the best.

I know hands down the new civic is better in almost every metric compared to the 10th gen (except maybe exterior styling, but thats personal taste). I guess I got spoiled with my 10th gens being as quick as they were, an oddity for the segment, and definitely for the civic. The new gen being slower doesn't really matter to 99% of buyers. For me personally its weighing the pros and cons of keeping my 19' coupe which I love (even more so now that there are no FWD honda/acura coupes anymore) and putting my money into small mods and upgrades versus getting the integra and still having to do small mods and upgrades if the integra can't keep up with what my coupe is capable of bone stock.

Obviously a couple tenths of a second isn't going to even be noticeable, I'm talking like a full second or more slower. I'm still excited to see what Acura comes up with as we get full details, I would just like the decision to switch to the Integra next year to be a more clear cut decision over keeping my coupe, and not feel like I need to convince myself it's worth it. From the reviews of the new civic so far, I'm sold on most of the new features/refinement/etc. I just need Acura to eek out a bit more performance (compared to the civic) to help me justify switching.