• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Redline Tuning Hood Struts

OP
OP

enjay4553

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra, 2018 Mazda 3 GT, 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Thanks. I’ve seen other aftermarket hood struts but they all use some sort fishing line for that blind nut on the 11th green Civic. Redline’s solution for the blind nut in the hood is so much better imo.

I know many people hate the factory hood prop but that high service position is great when working in the engine bay. That’s the only thing preventing me from installing these.
They're solid. Also had them on previous vehicles. Gravity won't close the hood. You'll need to push on center hood to close.

OP
OP

enjay4553

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I put struts on my Tacoma, because it was a pretty heavy hood and a bit "up there" for me since I'm barely 5'5" after a good night's sleep. I don't see a need for them on the Integra, especially since they eliminate the service position.
Had them on mine as well. Had to drill and rivet them. Well worthwhile.

Mackay42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A-spec Integra CVT w/ Tech pack
any possible clearance issues when closed? i assume not, but just a question of caution. how much force is required to close? i can see someone pulling the hood down, the struts providing resistance and someone bending their hood.

OP
OP

enjay4553

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
any possible clearance issues when closed? i assume not, but just a question of caution. how much force is required to close? i can see someone pulling the hood down, the struts providing resistance and someone bending their hood.
Nope..all good man. They are stout. Don't second guess it if it's what your looking for.

Subby625

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2023
I assume this would prevent you from adding a front strut tower bar? Can anyone confirm?

OP
OP

enjay4553

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I assume this would prevent you from adding a front strut tower bar? Can anyone confirm?
Yes, I don't think the strut tower bolts would be long enough. Typically want to catch 3 threads as a good practice.

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
This was my dilemma, but at the end of the day I went with a strut bar …. But was so close with going with the hood lift supports due to the fact our cars should of came with them from factory

glhs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra
Nick,

I have this same Redline quicklift set but it appears the Integra Type S hood doesn't have the same pattern of slots under the insulation as the ones in the instruction pictures for the 2022+ Civic.

You don't happen to have any pictures of where you mounted the blind nut, I assume you didnt have to cut anything. I'm guessing perhaps the regular Integra hood will work but maybe not the Type S.

Hey All -

First post here with my new Integra. I am a fan of the redline hood struts on previous vehicles. I ordered THIS KIT for the 11th Gen Civic from them during their Black Friday deal. Easy install and no drilling; removing the hood insulation was the worst part. Feel free to PM me with questions or install details!

20221201_165618.jpg

20221201_165623.jpg

20221201_165631.jpg

OP
OP

enjay4553

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nick,

I have this same Redline quicklift set but it appears the Integra Type S hood doesn't have the same pattern of slots under the insulation as the ones in the instruction pictures for the 2022+ Civic.

You don't happen to have any pictures of where you mounted the blind nut, I assume you didnt have to cut anything. I'm guessing perhaps the regular Integra hood will work but maybe not the Type S.
I used the install manual for a 2022+ Civic found here:

https://www.redlinetuning.com/v/vspfiles/templates/Redline New/images/21-18020.pdf?

I had to slice the hood insulation a bit.

glhs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra
Thanks. This is what the underside of the Type S hood looks like, unless I am mistaken there is no slot that matches what the Civic instructions show.

I could be tempted to try to make it work with one of the other slots although i worry about bending the rod or deforming the hood if it turns out this puts the rod at the incorrect length once compressed.

Your install was on a non S integra, right? Or did your hood look the same as this?

IMG_4878.png

I used the install manual for a 2022+ Civic found here:

https://www.redlinetuning.com/v/vspfiles/templates/Redline New/images/21-18020.pdf?

I had to slice the hood insulation a bit.

OP
OP

enjay4553

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have a non-S Integra. Underside of hood is stamped totally different. The slots I see in your snippet are way too far in towards the center of the hood for these to work.

glhs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra
Thanks, I had figured as much but figured the picture would confirm. Great upgrade for the non-S cars though.

OP
OP

enjay4553

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
yeah...never understood this mod but to each their own
It's fine, when we don't want to deal with the shitty hood prop. To each their own.

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
Yes, I don't think the strut tower bolts would be long enough. Typically want to catch 3 threads as a good practice.
The mechanic who installed my PRL Throwback strut tower bar was concerned about the short length of the bolts on the strut towers, so adding this would give me fewer threads and I will have to pass on these….I had them installed on my other vehicles and they are great.