• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rear Camera Issue

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Damn $21 shipping for the $14 item lol what ceramic did you guys use? Just any hydrophobic top coat? Like gtechniqs?
I use Cquartz UK 3.0 and Cquartz SiC but I put that on top of Cquartz SKIN for my ppf.

but those are high end stuff. You can use simple graphene coating for the camera and apply it on rubber trims around the car , license plates, headlight, front bumper grill.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Reversing only takes a few seconds so it doesn't bother me.
The other day I had to reverse in a narrow street that had no lighting with cars street parked and it was pouring. I had to open the driver door to see what the hell I was doing like some kind of neanderthal. Now a guy with a 3D printer gets $10 plus whatever he makes on shipping but afterwards I get to be a more modern neanderthal.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
The other day I had to reverse in a narrow street that had no lighting with cars street parked and it was pouring. I had to open the driver door to see what the hell I was doing like some kind of neanderthal. Now a guy with a 3D printer gets $10 plus whatever he makes on shipping but afterwards I get to be a more modern neanderthal.
Finally received and installed. It's an improvement but the rear camera still gets drops on it in heavy rain. His little Etsy video is great marketing though.

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
Update. This didn't do a thing to fix the problem. Save your money.
good to know. honestly, the image quality/resolution on the reverse camera on the ITS is a joke. and the two angles/views - super wide angle and "normal" -- aren't really that helpful. i guess it may help when it comes to pedestrians or other vehicles crossing or a car directly behind if parallel parking. i have a small garage and various items on either side of where i park it in the garage (imagine having to shuffle along sidesways to get around the car) but the views are so distorted, it appears that i am going to hit the objects on either side of the rear bumper. i constantly have to walkaround the car and take a look. add to the fact that the ITS doesn't have auto mirror tilt when put in reverse gear and the low ground clearance, parking this car is quite annoying....

the cameras on my 2015 BMW is so much better than this one. and the 360-cam on my 2023 KIA is great.

ST675R

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'10 Triumph Street Triple R; '17 VW GTI
Update. This didn't do a thing to fix the problem. Save your money.
What's the final verdict on this thing? I bought one and installed immediately so I don't know if it's an improvement or not. Rear camera is still tough to see in the rain but maybe it could be worse.

1706201786457.png

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Waste of money. All the five star reviews are from people that haven't installed it yet. The seller offered me a refund because of my bad review but not interested. Pic from yesterday. Made zero difference.

1000008369.jpg

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Water sprays and splashes from all directions and onto the lens.

Surprised at the number of people that didn’t see this coming.

ST675R

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'10 Triumph Street Triple R; '17 VW GTI
Water sprays and splashes from all directions and onto the lens.

Surprised at the number of people that didn’t see this coming.
Right. But supposedly it keeps the water running off of the rear hatch from going on the lens. Not sure if that was ever a real problem. Love how VW put the camera behind the badge so it was never dirty.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
What happens when the badge is dirty, what's the difference lol
The camera is physically hidden behind the badge and only flips out when in use, so it can never get dirty in commute, only potentially when backing up. I wonder if they ever freeze shut tho. Still less of a PITA than the integra backup cam lol.

Screenshot_20240125_194130_Chrome.jpg

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Beat me to it. Sometimes I wish we had something like that, but I guess it’s just something else that can break.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Beat me to it. Sometimes I wish we had something like that, but I guess it’s just something else that can break.
Yea, totally agree!
The thing that irks me the most is that Acura products do lack quite a few things that competitors include at the equivalent price ranges, but at the same time the luxuries don't outweigh the driving experience. Hell I'll bet many of our first cars were manuals with crank windows, manually adjusted side mirrors, manual door locks, no camera whatsoever, maybe a crank sun roof LMAO, so we'll all learn to survive. Techs just making people soft and lazy.