• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rear black emblem install with white background.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
might be a stupid question, but how does the base part of the emblem come off? Do you need to remove trunk panels or something to access clips or is it just secured with adhesive?
It's strictly adhesive--use some nylon fishing line on a nice warm day and it'll come right off.

Be ready for it to 'pop' off when you get the last of the adhesive, or lay a blanket down so you don't knick it on the driveway/garage floor.

OP
OP
Mackay42

Mackay42

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A-spec Integra CVT w/ Tech pack
might be a stupid question, but how does the base part of the emblem come off? Do you need to remove trunk panels or something to access clips or is it just secured with adhesive?
use floss/fishing line and slip it around the backside of the emblem base. Using a sawing motion you'll cut through the adhesive holding it on. once you get halfway through, you'll have to start from the other side as there are 2 small posts that attach it to the trunk, mostly for alignment. once the adhesive has been cut though, you'll gently pull the base off the trunk its self. it may take a small bit of force and make sure you are pulling straight out. if you ordered a replacement emblem it should come with 2 replacement grommets that will go into the trunk if they come out when removing the base. mine stayed in so i did not have to replace them. there are videos online that help you see the process.

There are also PDFs for dealerships that will guild you as well which you can find in this forum.

Spiderdan72

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec 6MT, 2023 GME Sierra
Well the badge is around 55$ at some dealer ships If you wanna try yourself. Or be very precise with an exacto knife, cut around the emblem, then use a heat gun on low or a hair dryer to soften the glue for the vinyl and then peel it away. Just a thought.
Do you think you can get the black vinyl off without taking the A off. I already have the black A installed.
Use extreme caution if you try this. I too already have the black badge installed with vinyl backing and attempted this. I used a heat gun on its lowest setting to soften the vinyl then tried using an Xacto knife to separate the badge from the vinyl backing. I ended-up slicing the black vinyl wrap around the actual badge exposing the metal beneath. (Yes, the OEM black badge is simply the chrome emblem wrapped/dipped in black vinyl.) Needless to say- epic fail for me. Now I have to order a new black emblem to replace the first one. Of course I'll remove the black vinyl backing this time before installing the new one. Just thought I'd save you some time and trouble.

ken_teggy88

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A-Spec w/ Technology 6MT
Use extreme caution if you try this. I too already have the black badge installed with vinyl backing and attempted this. I used a heat gun on its lowest setting to soften the vinyl then tried using an Xacto knife to separate the badge from the vinyl backing. I ended-up slicing the black vinyl wrap around the actual badge exposing the metal beneath. (Yes, the OEM black badge is simply the chrome emblem wrapped/dipped in black vinyl.) Needless to say- epic fail for me. Now I have to order a new black emblem to replace the first one. Of course I'll remove the black vinyl backing this time before installing the new one. Just thought I'd save you some time and trouble.
Did you end up removing the black vinyl with the exacto knife? Please send any pictures of the aftermath

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic Type R
I'd color matched the original emblem instead to my girlfriend's Integra. Gives it a cleaner look in my opinion. I was able to remove the retaining clips with only breaking part of the posts. There were enough left where I could put the clips back on. I'd also used mounting tape to hold it better. I'd also color matched all 3 A-Spec badges.
Integra.jpg

Spiderdan72

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec 6MT, 2023 GME Sierra
Did you end up removing the black vinyl with the exacto knife? Please send any pictures of the aftermath
Unfortunately, no. I wasn't able to remove the black vinyl. It's not exactly terrible, but I'd never be satisfied with it. I ordered a new one and hope to have it by the weekend. It looks white in the pic, but its definitely metal colored.

IMG_0145.jpeg