• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rancid Smell

23teggy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra
I got my 2023 Integra in July and was loving it so far. Yesterday I got into the car and it smelled putrid. I traced the smell to the back right corner of the car. No idea what is causing it. I do not keep food or any other liquids or perishable items in the car and my entire car is empty and clean on the inside. Has anyone else had this issue?

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
A decaying smell like that suggests something organic. Maybe a mouse crawled up somewhere and died? Pretty common when it gets cold though I've only seen it in engine bays. Or you ran over some roadkill?

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
I had this experience in a different car this summer. My son has been driving it, so naturally I wanted to blame him/his hygeine. LOL
I tore out all the mats, everything I could, and the only thing I found was a dead ladybug. Took it out, and the smell disappeared.

I couldn't believe it was that tiny bug, but, look it up...