• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Question about setting volume in google maps

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I wasn't sure where to put this, sorry if it is the wrong section, please feel free to move it if necessary.

So, I cant seem to work out how to adjust the voice assistant in maps so that it isn't so quiet I can't hear it over the Sirius xm radio, or so it isn't so loud it drowns out the radio.

When I first used it in my work van, it was annoyingly loud, the google voice assistant that says, "turn left at the stop sign".
I looked for a way to change it but never found anything, then in my car I noticed, the voice is so low, I can't really hear it when listening to the radio, I don't know if it is an audio settings thing or a google maps volume thing or what.
Any thoughts?
Edit:
So, I think I might have found it, I should have searched a little more3 first, if you want me to delete this I will.
I haven't tried it yet, but I did manage to figure out how to get to settings in maps which I hadn't been able to find before, and in there is a setting to adjust the assistants voice, I am going to go try it now and see if that fixed it.

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
As the directions are being announced if you manually adjust the volume up or down it is specific to that action taking place. So when it says “turn at the next light” just increase the volume until you’re happy with it. After a second or two it will go back to being an adjustment for the radio. Hope that makes sense. There is also an area in the general settings as well.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Yes, this. You have to adjust volume at the exact moment the directions are being given. Once you do it once you should be good.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Yes, this. You have to adjust volume at the exact moment the directions are being given. Once you do it once you should be good.
Thanks guys, that is interesting.
I found the settings to adjust it and it was also just using the volume when she speaks, so thanks for that, I appreciate it.